Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What did they sound like ?

Go down 
+5
Staybrite
LateFortheParty
topshot rhit
drumdude
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

What did they sound like ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did they sound like ?   What did they sound like ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 5:33 pm

and this is why I think the industry is making a mistake charging 17 bucks for Wow compilations. In the early days, comps were about a buck or 2 at the most (some were free with purchase or magazine), and the whole purpose was to promote a band's new album. I would get one of these cheap comps back in the day and would like a couple songs so much that I'd go back to the store later and buy the band's albums.

Today they're trying to sell compilations for the same price as a full length release. Bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What did they sound like ?   What did they sound like ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 5:37 pm

In fact, over half of my collection I got because I heard a song I liked off a comp from old 7ball mags or comps my buds made for me
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What did they sound like ?   What did they sound like ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 8:04 pm

Quote :
In the early days, comps were about a buck or 2 at the most (some were free with purchase or magazine), and the whole purpose was to promote a band's new album. I would get one of these cheap comps back in the day and would like a couple songs so much that I'd go back to the store later and buy the band's albums.

I relate to that. Comps used to come for free with other releases, or, they were very cheap. When they were so cheap I would take a chance on them, and, sometimes, bought more cassettes/cds because of it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What did they sound like ?   What did they sound like ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 11:49 pm

apologetixfreak wrote:
and this is why I think the industry is making a mistake charging 17 bucks for Wow compilations. In the early days, comps were about a buck or 2 at the most (some were free with purchase or magazine), and the whole purpose was to promote a band's new album.

Today they're trying to sell compilations for the same price as a full length release. Bad idea.

Yes but in today's cultre of throwaway filler on pop music albums (and several other types of music), the compilation discs contain the only music most people seem to even want from the artists, thus eliminating the need to buy the individual records. So the record company has to make money somehow. Never mind that they helped create the problem.
(ok, I'll get off my soap box now).

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What did they sound like ?   What did they sound like ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 9:05 am

Quote :
Yes but in today's cultre of throwaway filler on pop music albums (and several other types of music), the compilation discs contain the only music most people seem to even want from the artists, thus eliminating the need to buy the individual records. So the record company has to make money somehow. Never mind that they helped create the problem.

oooohhhhhhhhhh puh-reach it brothuh !! That is so true !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What did they sound like ?   What did they sound like ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 2:49 pm

Oh BTW, if you recieve a subscription to the Heaven's Metal fanzine, they have started including a free sampler with every issue (every other month).

I have to admit the last two have not been all that thrilling for me. They were a little lopsided with Extreme Metal bands IMO. I did manage to find one new band on one of them that I really liked. Sadly they were on Nightmare Records, and the images at their myspace site did not lead me to beleive that they were much of a "Christian" band (at least not the type of Christianity I was interested in).

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What did they sound like ?   What did they sound like ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 7:57 am

Topshot are you making a list of CDs too?
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What did they sound like ?   What did they sound like ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:05 pm

Just got my mix-cd from Gary today. Cool

And, it is very cool, Thank You Gary.

I am listening to it, for second time, right now.....(got to go put that in another thread Laughing )....
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What did they sound like ?   What did they sound like ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:15 pm

LateFortheParty wrote:
Just got my mix-cd from Gary today. Cool

And, it is very cool, Thank You Gary.

Glad to hear you are diggin it.
What did they sound like ? - Page 2 9

Number of posts : 3869
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What did they sound like ?   What did they sound like ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:52 pm

avdb11 wrote:
Topshot are you making a list of CDs too?
Yes, but I've been too busy to work on them yet.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did they sound like ?   What did they sound like ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did they sound like ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2