Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Staybrite
7 posters

Flyleaf
Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_vote_lcap13%Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Fireflight
Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_vote_lcap25%Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
The Letter Black
Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_vote_lcap62%Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_vote_rcap
 62% [ 5 ]
They All Rock....I Can't Choose
Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_vote_lcap0%Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I Don't Like Girls In My Metal
Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_vote_lcap0%Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black Empty
PostSubject: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Female Fronted Modern Rock Meltdown on this week's vs thread.
Im a big fan of female vocals in melodic metal/hard rock and I dig all these bands (so again this one will be a little tough for me).

So weigh in on your favorite and give a reason (if you can).

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:22 am

I'm going with Fireflight. I like Flyleaf, but I find some of their songs' arrangements a bit odd. With The Letter Black, I like them a lot. They just don't have as much consistently good songs/albums as Fireflight. Fireflight just keep putting out solid releases that definitely speak the truth about Christ.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 10:19 am

This time I don't vote.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:13 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
This time I don't vote.

I put the last choice up just for you! (just kidding, I understand).

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:18 pm

I had to go with Fireflight too, but it was a tough choice between them and Flyleaf. I kind of dig that Flyleaf changes things up a bit, if you listen to any of their earlier demo work the music was very "noise" or even "etheral" sounding on some of their stuff. The only complaint I have about Fireflight is that some of their stuff can get a little "samey" sounding.....but I still love 'em.

I was less than impressed with Flyleaf's last EP......much to mellow.....but then Fireflight's "acoustic" EP came off that way as well.

But I got no hate for The Letter Black, and with a few more rockin albums they might be able to displace Fireflight on the top of my "female fronted modern rock list"

Number of posts : 3868
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:02 pm

I went for TLB. Flyleaf is too vague for me. I like Fireflight a lot, but they are too big for me now. TLB is more aggressive. However, I've only heard 2 of their songs so maybe I'd switch back to Fireflight if I heard their whole catalog and found it lacking.

silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:55 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
I went for TLB. Flyleaf is too vague for me. I like Fireflight a lot, but they are too big for me now. TLB is more aggressive. However, I've only heard 2 of their songs so maybe I'd switch back to Fireflight if I heard their whole catalog and found it lacking.

I love Flyleaf in this matchup partly because of their success in both the Christian and mainstream markets despite being bold and up front with their faith. They show us that you don't necessarily have to water down your lyrics to have an impact on the music industry. With this last album, they had several songs where their Faith has taken the front seat. For example, the song Beautiful Bride is all about how we are the Body of Christ. The song In the Dark is about a person living in the darkness of the world and then asking God to come into their life and bring them back to life. The song All Around Me is practically a worship song, Cassie is about the shooting at Colombine where a girl was asked if she believed in God and was shot when she said yes. There are tons more than this as well. Personally speaking, I think Flyleaf has become one of the bolder and more uplifting bands as of the past 5 or 6 years. They've even thrown around the "J-word" in a several of their songs. How many popular mainstream bands can you say that about?
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 2:42 am

I haven't heard any of them, so I can't vote Smile

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 3:07 am

silentthunder89 wrote:

I love Flyleaf in this matchup partly because of their success in both the Christian and mainstream markets .............

Dude you didn't vote....no votes yet for Flyleaf

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:25 am

I haven't listen to any of them on cd that much, but I've seen both Fireflight and The Letter Black live. While both were good, The Letter Black was more my cuppa joe.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Staybrite wrote:
silentthunder89 wrote:

I love Flyleaf in this matchup partly because of their success in both the Christian and mainstream markets .............

Dude you didn't vote....no votes yet for Flyleaf

Whoops!! I got all preachy without even casting my vote lol!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 2:18 pm

lol! @ Staybrite.
I didn't took the last vote opportunity.
Then it looks like if I don't like females.
But it's true ... I am not a fan of female fronted rock bands.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 3:06 pm

I have heard the Flyleaf album and it is pretty good. Fireflight I do like some of thier songs. But I voted for the Letter Black. I usually stay away from female fronted rock bands but I made an exception with TLB after seeing them w/Skillet. I was surprised at how much I liked the cd. I will have to check out Fireflights cd from my local library and give it a try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 9:48 pm

TLB all the way.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Sounds like I'm a one-man band playing the Flyleaf flute lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black   Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1