Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord Empty
PostSubject: GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord   GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:57 pm

Hello,

I have been doing a lot of updating at Angelic Warlord the past several weeks. New reviews have included albums by Golden Resurrection and Harvest Bloom. Following are the links:

Golden Resurrection - "Glory To Thy Name": http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/g/goldenresurrection10.html

Harvest Bloom - "Devil's Poison": http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/h/harvestbloom10.html

I have also added reviews of new albums by Place Of Skulls ("As A Dog Returns" and 7 Days ("Into Forever"). Next weekend look for reviews of two of the Bride re-issues ("Show No Mercy" and "Live To Die").

You will find some extensive news updates as well.

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord   GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:24 am

I've already checked out the POS review. I need to get over and read the others, and check out the news updates as well.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord   GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:58 am

I'm curious about your review of the new Red CD Andy.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord   GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:22 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:

Andy probably won't do that one. His site seems to focus mainly on classic style hard rock/metal or neoclassical/power metal (with a little doom and gothic stuff thrown in). I don't think he has done a single review on a modern rock band (Red, Skillet, Disciple, Flyleaf etc.).

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord   GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Quote :
Andy probably won't do that one. His site seems to focus mainly on classic style hard rock/metal or neoclassical/power metal (with a little doom and gothic stuff thrown in). I don't think he has done a single review on a modern rock band (Red, Skillet, Disciple, Flyleaf etc.).

Yes, that is correct in that I will be passing on the new Red CD in that I do not cover any type of modern rock. But I wish there were a modern rock band that had a "metal" feel to their music and was not afraid to solo- and did not have one of those cookie-cutter-generic-sound-all-the-same-fill-in-the-blanks vocalists at the same time.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord   GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:13 am

Sorry, I didn't know this.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord   GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:24 pm

Nuthin to be sorry about. I too kind of wish Andy would delve into the modern rock scene because some of it is really cool, but I agree Andy that a ton of it sounds really "samey" (it does to me too).

I think he is probably rather busy with all the albums he does review.

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord   GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 am

Quote :

I think he is probably rather busy with all the albums he does review.

First, sorry if I was a bit too harsh about modern rock bands in my previous post. I just think it would be cool to hear a band take a traditional metal sound and combine some modern elements- while mixing in relevant vocals in the process. This is one of the reasons why I like the new The Sacrificed ("2012") so much.

Yes, right now I have never been busier with the site- so I have little if any time for reviews of modern rock groups. As a matter of fact, following are the upcoming reviews I have scheduled:

Bride - "The Originals" (re-issues of first three albums)
Bride - "This Is It" (re-issue)
Ransom - "Ransom" (re-issue)
Static Fuse - "Fire Endures"
HB - "Jesus Metal Explosion"
Petra - "Back To The Rock"

Earlier today I read about a new Paradox compilation called "Power And Glory". Oh, and there are also the myriad of upcoming releases due the next couple of months, including Stryper ("The Covering"), Deliverance ("What A Joke" re-issue), Divinefire ("Eye Of The Storm") and Proto-Kaw ("Forth").

So as you can see, things are going to be quite busy in the immediate future. As a matter of fact, sleep- who needs sleep? Not to mention a social life...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord   GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:35 pm

[quote="Dynamis"]
Quote :

First, sorry if I was a bit too harsh about modern rock bands in my previous post. I just think it would be cool to hear a band take a traditional metal sound and combine some modern elements- while mixing in relevant vocals in the process. This is one of the reasons why I like the new The Sacrificed ("2012") so much.

Sounds like a good description of My Disgrace or Judah First.

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord   GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:36 am

Good points either way- I'm going to have to listen to both those CD's this weekend.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord   GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 10:26 am

This week I listened to some songs of Paradox.
Sound cool.
am I right when I think this is an old school band?
In the vein of Stryper?
Is "Power Of Glory" a full length CD?
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord   GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:31 am

Yes, a compilation of Paradox material was released under the title "Power And Glory" by a small independent label. The CD includes all the tracks from the "Power And Glory" demo in addition to several others from the "Ruler" and "The Wrath" demos.

The problem is that after further research I am uncertain if it is a legitimate release or not. For example, there is no mention of the CD at the Paradox Facebook page.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord   GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:40 pm

It wouldn't surprise me that it is not a band authorized release. It doesn't look like the kind of label I would expect a classic Christian metal band on (not that they wouldn't). I also think the samples sound pretty cool musically, but very poor production/mastering wise.

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord   GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOLDEN RESURRECTION review at Angelic Warlord
Page 1 of 1