Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Album Of The Year 2010

Go down 
+4
Staybrite
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Fundy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Album Of The Year 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:19 am

I've updated my website and just to confirm my album of the year.............
Album Of The Year 2010 Trophy Album Of The Year 2010 HandHcover

2010 Album Of The Year goes to DISCIPLE and their album Horseshoes & Handgrenades
Man, what a difficult choice this year! I've been debating whether this, Golden Resurrection or Audiovision was the best album of the year. And it's taken me until now (mid January) to finally choose Disciple. GR and A are more to my taste musically, but Disciple have gone all out in the lyrics department. Some of the tracks are just superb. Dear X, Watch It Burn and Defeaning are stand out tracks. Even though it's not as heavy as their old stuff they've more than made up for it with quality and passion. Well done guys!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:43 am

While the album has grown on me and I do like it more now than when I first got it, it still sounds to me like they woke up during the writing process and said, "Hey, let's be Skillet!" They were headed the right direction on "Southern Hospitality". Even some older fans, while still saying it wasn't a true metal album but leaning that way, were excited to see Disciple return. Some old dogs, who had not bought a Disciple CD in a few years now, actually checked that one out. With the new one, Disciple have shown that they are targeting the younger crowd and that has alienated a lot of their older fans.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:59 am

sometimes I have the same. When I first listen to a CD I think "this one never will be my favorite". Then, when I listen again and again to the Cd I like the CD much more.
That's what I had with `Hell Blade`from Saint and with Disciple too.
The last Disciple CDs I really like.
Now, I hope a new disciple CD will make older and younger fans happy.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:20 pm

i've been listening to Back Again (my old favourite) and By God. Both of them are brilliant, but I've somehow more warmed to the softer silkier Disciple of Horseshoes and Handgrenades. I've never really liked their S/T and wasn't too keen on Scars Remain or Southern Hospitality, but HaH really hits the buttons.

I'm sort of keen to see them rerelease their B sides, as they sound great too.

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:15 pm

A little shocked to see you pick this over any neoclassical/power metal band.

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:11 pm

That was my album of the year as well. For me, the band just gets better and better and probably some of the best songwriting from them.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:46 am

Staybrite wrote:
A little shocked to see you pick this over any neoclassical/power metal band.

I have the power to shock.
Razz

I loved Newsboys "Born Again", and that must be rather shocking aswell.

affraid

Next year I shall move on to RnB.

He screams "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:30 am

Rex Carroll Band - That was Then This is now......

sheer brilliance

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:06 am

Fundy, I really liked the Newsboys CD, but there were also some filler tracks. I probably should have put it on my list at the bottom.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:02 pm

Yep I totally agree, there were some fillers on that album. And some of the reviewers (in the UK at least) said that the lyrics were simple and not very well thought out (or words to that effect). Personally I thought some of the tracks were solid and lyrically intelligent.

Favourite tracks
# "Born Again"
# "One Shot"
# "When the Boys Light Up"
# "Build Us Back"
# "Escape"
# "Miracles"
# "Mighty to Save"
# "Jesus Freak"

Filler Tracks
# "Way Beyond Myself"
# "Impossible" (written by Rock City)

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:52 pm

ALBUM OF THE YEAR 2011
Album Of The Year 2010 TrophyAlbum Of The Year 2010 ATWB

2011 Album Of The Year goes to THEOCRACY and their album As The World Bleeds
Easiest choice for quite a number of years, as Theocracy release their third (and yet another brilliant) album. This one was according to Matt an easier album to access than Mirror Of Souls. And I suppose he is right, because Mirror Of Souls grew over time for me, whereas As The World Bleeds I loved from the first play. This time round we get ten tracks ranging from 4 to 11 minutes long, and they are all top notch. Again Matt and co produce a wonderful progressive metal album with hooks aplenty and deserve the number one spot for the year. It has to be said that Mirror Of Souls is my all time favourite album, so it will be interesting to see how I rate the two after listening to them both for a couple of years.

Special note has to be given for Sarepta and their album Smokin' Vineyard. Were it not for Theocracy's brilliance, then they would have easily won the album of the year.
And because they are virtually unknown then I feel I have to mention them for a bit of recognition.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 6:50 am

My album of the year is "Smokin' Vineyard from the Finnish band Sarepta.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:19 am

Quote :
My album of the year is "Smokin' Vineyard from the Finnish band Sarepta.
I'll have to agree on that
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 5:04 pm

Now that's more like it. Fundy goes for the neoclassical power-metal goodness that is Theocracy (I can't say that I am surprised).Laughing

While Theocracy will likely be near the top of my list this year, it will not be number one. And sadly I still don't have Sarepta...seems the only retailer selling mp3's of that album is It**es. And much like Alldat, I don't do It**es

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Now that's more like it. Fundy goes for the neoclassical power-metal goodness that is Theocracy (I can't say that I am surprised).Laughing

While Theocracy will likely be near the top of my list this year, it will not be number one. And sadly I still don't have Sapepta...seems the only retailer selling mp3's of that album is It**es. And much like Alldat, I don't do It**es

They have the album available to stream on Spotify. If you don't know what it is, it's basically like It**es but you can stream any song in their database for free (there is the occasional ad, but they aren't too frequent). If you have a facebook account, all you have to do is use the same sign in information. Just go to http://www.spotify.com and download the software. It's a much easier way to listen to music to see if you like it before you buy it, or if you want to listen to new stuff but you're short on cash.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks ST, I might just do that.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 9:20 am

Not cool for you Staybrite that It**** is the only retailer who's selling Theocracy.
You only buy MP3s?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Well I do buy a cd here and there (on occasion). And I might order Sarepta on cd. I think including the cd you sent me earlier I only got 5 cds this year (2 were gifts and the others were old secular discs I found used).

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2010   Album Of The Year 2010 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album Of The Year 2010
Page 1 of 1