Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pillar news.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Pillar news. Empty
PostSubject: Pillar news.   Pillar news. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:25 am

Found on Facebook a message that Pillar is writing new songs.
They asked what the fans want to hear.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Pillar news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pillar news.   Pillar news. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:17 pm

I have to confess to having been a fan of this band since they put out "Where Do We Go From Here" (and dropped the rap-style vocals). But even I was a little less then impressed with their last album....kinda seemed like they were on auto-pilot or something.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Pillar news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pillar news.   Pillar news. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:13 pm

I liked the last album a lot.

The only thing I would like to see them do differently is add some guitar solos. I like their style--they just need something to appease us old geezers. Guitar solos would work.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Pillar news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pillar news.   Pillar news. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:10 am

Now go to the Facebook page of Pillar and thell them about the guitar solos.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Pillar news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pillar news.   Pillar news. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I have to confess to having been a fan of this band since they put out "Where Do We Go From Here" (and dropped the rap-style vocals). But even I was a little less then impressed with their last album....kinda seemed like they were on auto-pilot or something.

That last one is my favorite from them.
I agree with Alldat, guitar solos would be excellent.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Pillar news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pillar news.   Pillar news. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:41 pm

I agree with everyone else that Noah needs to add in more guitar solos. I've seen him shred just playing around before shows and in youtube videos, so I know he has the ability. But where I disagree is I want them to go back to that sound they had on Fireproof. That particular album is what got me interested in Christian music. At the time it was so different and such a signature sound. With every album they have gotten a little further away from that sound, most likely from growing as a band and experimenting with their sound...nothing wrong with that. But Fireproof was one of those albums I could go back and listen to a hundred times and never get bored of. I'd love to hear another album with a similar sound.
Back to top Go down

Pillar news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pillar news.   Pillar news. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Actually, I have a reverse point of view: their older stuff was more rapcore and formulaic; their newer stuff rocks. They've done a good job in establishing their own sound. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pillar news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pillar news.   Pillar news. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pillar news.
Page 1 of 1