Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bride - The Originals

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Fundy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Bride - The Originals Empty
PostSubject: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:13 am

There are samples up on the DMD webshop. They do sound very very good, but to my untrained ear I don't know if the difference is enough to make me want to buy them. They sound crisper and clearer and Cliffy knows what he's doing - you can tell that by the quality. But I'm not sure whether the difference is worth the cash.

What does everyone else think?

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:07 am

I am going to grab the "This Is It" remaster at payday. The samples are a lot less muddy than the original. The bass is still strong, but the drums and guitars are more crisp.

As to the other 3--I just am not a big fan of those, so I don't know if I will get them or not.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:25 am

Now I have read the remaster of "This Is It" is much better than the first release I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:23 pm

Gonna pass, but I was never a fan of the first three Bride albums.

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Staybrite wrote:

I do not care for the first two, but Silence Is Madness is one of my favorite Bride albums.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:05 am

dale434445 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I do not care for the first two, but Silence Is Madness is one of my favorite Bride albums.

I am glad that it isn't just me on those first two. I only like about half of the 3rd one. I didn't become a Bride fan until "Snakes" came out, and then I went backwards with getting their releases. I suppose if I had started at the beginning, my perception of who/what Bride was would be different. As it is, I just don't know if I need another copy of the first two albums that never get played anyway.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:29 am

Here is my take on older Bride:

Of the first three, "Show No Mercy" is my least favorite. Musically, I always felt it had potential but the production ruined it for me. With more time in the studio this could have been a pretty good album.

"Live To Die", IMHO, is a bit overrated. There are some who describe this as a classic but I do not get it. The album, again my opinion, has a couple of filler tracks and a couple of more that are average to good at best. That being said, "Hell No", "Whiskey Seed" and "Heroes" are classics. Production is very good as well.

"Silence Is Madness", once more my opinion, is where Bride started to put it all together. The fact is there are some really good songs here: "Fool Me Once". "Evil Dreams", "All Hallows Eve", "Hot Down South Tonight" and "No More Nightmares". "Under The Influence", at the same time, is one of my all time favorite Bride songs. "Rock Those Blues Away" hints at the direction Bride would go in the 90s. Only one filler track: "Until The End We Rock".
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:15 pm

It's funny how people see things differently. Until The End We Rock is my favourite track on SIM. I just love the vocals, and rhythm of it.

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Dynamis wrote:
Here is my take on older Bride:
"Silence Is Madness", once more my opinion, is where Bride started to put it all together. The fact is there are some really good songs here: "Fool Me Once". "Evil Dreams", "All Hallows Eve", "Hot Down South Tonight" and "No More Nightmares". "Under The Influence", at the same time, is one of my all time favorite Bride songs. "Rock Those Blues Away" hints at the direction Bride would go in the 90s. Only one filler track: "Until The End We Rock".

I agree, they really put it together here and kept taking steps foward with Kinetic Faith and reached thier pinnacle with Snakes.
Snakes in the Playground is one of my top 5 Christian disc off all time.
I saw them about three times on that tour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:10 pm

Count me among the fans of their early metal period. While Show No Mercy has some weak moments, overall it's a solid record, and one that I enjoy. Live To Die is an absolute monster. Every song is good, from beginning to end. Silence is Madness is also stellar, but in my mind, a bit of a drop off from LTD.

Regardless, I'm fine with the sound on the originals. I'd pick these up if I see them at a reduced price, but I'm not in a rush to get them, not at full price.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:30 am

I have the "This Is It" remaster. Man, Cliffy did good work on this one. The bass is no longer muddy sounding. The guitars are no longer covered by the bass--they are crisp and brigher sounding. Troy's signature guitar sound from "Snakes" forward is definitely heard here. Overall, this release isn't just louder--it is vastly improved. I don't know about the others, but this one sounds worlds better to me.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:40 am

Are there online samles to listen too?
So this CD has improved much after being remastered.

I always struggle a bit to order CDs I already have.
That's my problem with remastered CDs.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:15 pm

http://www.divinemetaldistro.com/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=3399

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:16 am

Quote :
They do sound very very good, but to my untrained ear I don't know if the difference is enough to make me want to buy them.

Fundy it's giving me a better feeling that you have the same.
I only wonder, is the new rereleased "This Is It" of Bride so much better than the first CD?
Is there a need I really have to order this CD.

You know, so many times you have bought CDs and then after some years there comes a release of the CD you already have.
I always think does this CD sound so much better than the first CD?
Yes, that.s me as silly as always.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:07 pm

I would have to do a side by side comparison of "Silence Is Madness" as I don't listen to the original much. It is louder overall. I can't tell much difference than that.

With "This Is It" however, there is a HUGE difference. The guitars punch through the mix better instead of being muddy sounding. On the original, the bass covers up the rhythm guitars. The leads just don't have a tone that really grips you. The remastering on this makes this sound much more close to that of "Snakes". The remaster of this one is worth the price.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:11 pm

I'm not really a fan of the early Bride.

Quote :
The remastering on this makes this sound much more close to that of "Snakes".

You have convinced me now.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:16 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I would have to do a side by side comparison of "Silence Is Madness" as I don't listen to the original much. It is louder overall. I can't tell much difference than that.

I am the same way. I will probably pass on all of these reissues coming out. In most cases I don't hear enough of a difference to justify buying the same disc again.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:16 am

The first three Bride albums were brilliant pieces of Heavy Metal..... They were gothic in feel and heavy in sound....

They were appealing to the Armored Saint, Savatage, Judas Priest, Dio type fan....

I was into Matrix before they were signed and was so excited when Show No Mercy came out... They didn't sound like anyone else, but they were heavy...

I saw their first West Coast show, which was right after Live to Die came out... Everyone I knew who loved Heavy Metal thought Live to Die was IT.... A great album.... A classic....

Silence is Madness turned a corner, Bride wasn't happy with Pure Metal and were ready to jump ship. Dale had mentioned to me at one point they had a lot of great songs they didn't want Pure Metal to have, so that's why Silence is a little spotty...

I loved Kinetic Faith when it came out and of course Snakes, but those first albums were important to the scene. They were EXTREMELY popular....

I'm just surprised at how many folks diss those first three discs these days. If it wasn't for them there wouldn't be a Snakes or Kinetic..... Scarecrow left me bored frankly.....

The remasters having given fuller sound and cleaned up a lot of the muddiness of the original releases.... I hear elements that simply could not be heard before....
Especially on Show No Mercy.... just stellar stuff.....

Rockin'
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bride - The Originals   Bride - The Originals I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bride - The Originals
Page 1 of 1