Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Download

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
mr.electric40
Staybrite
dale434445
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

First Download Empty
PostSubject: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:15 am

Well I finally made the jump, and purchased my first download.
I bought Focus by Audiovision. I have to admit that is nice having the music instantly and at about half price.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:37 am

That instant gratification deal is great......just wish they would include a pdf of the liner notes with downloads.

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:03 am

Staybrite wrote:
That instant gratification deal is great......just wish they would include a pdf of the liner notes with downloads.

+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:43 pm

I really don't care about all the liner notes. I used to read them all but rarely do anymore unless there is a lyric I cannot make out.

I will probably do more downloads this year. I just end up ripping my CDs to MP3 nowdays and play my Zune more and more. So, I might as well save some cash and just get the music without taking up all the space.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:45 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I really don't care about all the liner notes. I used to read them all but rarely do anymore unless there is a lyric I cannot make out.

Even then, you can usually find the lyrics online fairly easily.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:40 pm

Staybrite wrote:

I've noticed that some downloads do have a digital booklet with them.

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Life-Digital-Booklet/dp/B00449PNCS/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294702796&sr=301-1
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Yes some do, but it is a very small portion. I have purchased in excess of 40 downloads in the last year and a half, and have only gotten one with a digital booklet.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:14 am

I still don't do downloads. I much prefer to have the CD inlay in my hands and read the lyrics, see who wrote what song, see who they thank and feel more a part of the music.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:10 am

Fundy wrote:
I still don't do downloads. I much prefer to have the CD inlay in my hands and read the lyrics, see who wrote what song, see who they thank and feel more a part of the music.

Fundy

Speaking of which, RED just released a digital version of the liner notes for their new album and put it on their website for people to download (you have to have a facebook to get it though):

http://redmusiconline.com/news/2011/1/10/until-we-have-faces-fan-reward-2-ready-yourself.html
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Now that is cool. Thumbs Up

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:14 am

I prefer physical CDs.
I love to read the lyrics.
Don't mind to download bands I'm not sure if I really like them.
Or download CDs of older bands or out-of-print-CDs.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Do you think the future of digital downloads will not only have digital liner "booklets", but those digital "inserts" will include bonus stuff, like embedded video, animation, etc ? You could do so much more in digital form than you can with a limited 5X5" booklet... Instead of a little dedication section, they could have a complete Wikipedia of material as part of the "Insert" - Instead of Lyrics having a Bible verse or two as reference, they could include entire Bible studies linked with online Bible materials...

Just thoughts....
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:02 pm

That would be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:28 pm

Yes that would be cool indeed!

Admin
alldatndensum

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:20 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Do you think the future of digital downloads will not only have digital liner "booklets", but those digital "inserts" will include bonus stuff, like embedded video, animation, etc ? You could do so much more in digital form than you can with a limited 5X5" booklet... Instead of a little dedication section, they could have a complete Wikipedia of material as part of the "Insert" - Instead of Lyrics having a Bible verse or two as reference, they could include entire Bible studies linked with online Bible materials...

Just thoughts....

While it would be cool, it will also add more megabytes to a download. Thus, this will create more bandwidth usage for the company selling you the download. This results in a higher cost for them to sell such content, and therefore they will pass that cost on to us. I would rather see this content on the artist's website. Let's keep the price of digital downloads as low as we can.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 10:35 am

Good point - I like this =
Quote :
I would rather see this content on the artist's website
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:10 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Just thoughts....

While it would be cool, it will also add more megabytes to a download. Thus, this will create more bandwidth usage for the company selling you the download. This results in a higher cost for them to sell such content, and therefore they will pass that cost on to us. I would rather see this content on the artist's website. Let's keep the price of digital downloads as low as we can.

Curmudgeon! Tongue

Admin
alldatndensum

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:32 am

I prefer to be called King Wollygobber! lol!

Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

First Download Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Download   First Download I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Curmudgeon! Tongue

Ding, ding, ding- We have the word of the day boys and girls.
Back to top Go down

First Download
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: