Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HarvestBloom

Go down 
+4
rockerVu2
ProgPariah77
alldatndensum
Staybrite
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:17 am

I stumbled across this female-fronted hard rock band this evening and I am very excited about their sound. With a guitar crunch and production of a modern band, but with vocals straight out of the 80's they sound just about perfect to this music fan. Looking forward to getting my hands on their new EP "Devil's Poison" (yes it is on emusic, but you can also get the disc straight from the band).

http://www.harvestbloommusic.com/fr_store.cfm

Check out this vid.....

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:53 am

They've got a great sound. I might just have to sign back up to eMusic for this. Now if only the new LnJ EP and the new Static Fuse were available there.....

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:55 am

It would be cool if I could get all my music from eMusic.......that's actually where I found this band.

ProgPariah77

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-05-30

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Downloaded from eMusic ... first two tracks are solid, appealing rock.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:08 pm

Quote :
LnJ EP and the new Static Fuse were available there.....

That's a cool idea to search for the Kutless Cds I don't have.
I hope I can find some Narnia CDs on eMusic.

Maybe because even I like this band shows how good they are.
I'm curious how the rest of the CD sound.
Cool band.
Maybe I'm coming more into female fronted rock bands?

Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks for sharing- this sounds real good. But I do not hear a "guitar crunch and production of a modern band" but rather straightforward metal and hard rock. Nothing modern here. As a matter of fact, I am almost reminded of Testify. The vocalist reminds me of a combination of Christine Steel (Arsenal) and Lisa Faxson (Ransom).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Dynamis

Dynamis

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:48 pm

BTW, I just order this- and soon as I receive the CD it is going to the top of the review pile!
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:16 am

Thanks for posting.
I love their sound. I have just ordered my copy.
We need more bands that play this style
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:46 am

Dynamis wrote:
...... But I do not hear a "guitar crunch and production of a modern band" but rather straightforward metal and hard rock. Nothing modern here. As a matter of fact, I am almost reminded of Testify.

Musically they remind me a little of Testify too, and Testify sounds like modern metal to me. Not Numetal, and not modern rock but ......more a modern sounding guitar (I'm thinking of the sharper Line-6 type amps as opposed to that big warm Marshall amp sound). So maybe I didn't make myself clear. I don't think you could play this for any hard rock aficionado and have them think it was recorded in the 80's (that's what I mean).

Dynamis

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:00 am

OK- I see the point.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:45 am

Glad to see this band getting such a warm reception from most everyone. I look forward to reading the album review at Angelic Warlord.

Number of posts : 3874

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:51 pm

I like. Wondered what the keyboardist was doing until the bridge - even with my phones on I couldn't hear keys in the mix. ???

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:48 pm

The only thing that I see that this band needs is more solos.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:09 pm

I have both their CD's. They are definitely a modern rock band. They are just also melodic a lot of the time, though much moreso on Devil's Poison than their debut. The singer is great. The music is solid. The production, for an independent band, is outstanding. I'm really surprised at how good it is. Having both albums, I would recommend Devil's Poison over the debut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HarvestBloom Empty
PostSubject: Re: HarvestBloom   HarvestBloom I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HarvestBloom
Page 1 of 1