Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Really Not Fun Day

Go down 
+3
topshot rhit
Hardkore
Staybrite
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The Really Not Fun Day Empty
PostSubject: The Really Not Fun Day   The Really Not Fun Day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:05 pm

I went to work Monday morning and it started snowing just after I got there. I thought to leave early (nobody in the Pacific Northwest knows how to drive in the snow), but it stopped snowing by noon and the roads started to clear. And I decided to stay at work.

At around 3pm it started snowing again, but I waited until 5pm when my day was over to leave. It usually takes me 45 to 50 minutes to drive home. I crawled along in traffic for over 2 hours when my car just suddenly broke down (I think my transmission is shot). I had someone help me push it to the side of the highway, but I couldn't call anyone to come get me because the traffic was backed-up so bad. So I walked almost 2-1/2 miles in the snow to my exit, there I was able to meet my wife and we drove (slowly) the rest of the way home.

Today I had to go out and get my car but the roads were still really bad. I needed to get it quick though before the State Patrol had it impounded (much more expensive to get back than just having it towed once). Fortunately I managed to get out and have it towed home before it was impounded. Now I have a broken car in my driveway but I'm only out $100 for the tow.

The roads are going to ice up tonight, and they think it might snow again tomorrow.
Seeing as how it's my birthday tomorrow I think I'm just going to stay home.
Laughing

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2550
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: The Really Not Fun Day   The Really Not Fun Day I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:36 am

Definitely not a good time for the car to break down. Glad to know you got it back before it ended up in the impound.

Enjoy your Birthday safe and sound at home.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Really Not Fun Day   The Really Not Fun Day I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:54 am

Murphy's Law at work, eh? We get 3 days to get our cars here. Learned that the hard way. Sad

Enjoy your birthday stuck at home smelling all that good food for tomorrow. Maybe you should have Thanksgiving early!

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Really Not Fun Day   The Really Not Fun Day I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:06 am

It's never a good time to have a car break down.

If you had been in TN, you could have been impounded the same day. They will tag your car which is supposed to give you 24-48 hours. But, the next passing State Trooper will retag it . When you get the red tag, they impound.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The Really Not Fun Day   The Really Not Fun Day I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:20 am

Agreed- talk about Murphy's Law. And I know what it is like to deal with Northwest Drivers in winter-like conditions. I do not know what is worse- the road conditions are the drivers (you have to watch out for both!).

It kind of reminds me of the time I had a tooth flair up in the evening and drove to one of those emergency late night dental clinics only to find it closed. On the way home, however, I started to develop car troubles. So sometimes it hits all at once...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Really Not Fun Day   The Really Not Fun Day I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:47 pm

We are still covered with snow, and ice this morning so I have just decided to take a snow/broken car day and stay home with my family.

Dynamis wrote:
It kind of reminds me of the time I had a tooth flair up in the evening and drove to one of those emergency late night dental clinics only to find it closed. On the way home, however, I started to develop car troubles. So sometimes it hits all at once...

Oh man that makes me thankful I didn't have tooth pain as well (yuck!).

All-in-all I think we lucked out getting it towed yesterday evening for only $100. If it was impounded I understand we would have had to pay for the tow to the impound lot, the time in the impound lot, and the tow to get it back home (potentially $400 or more)

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Really Not Fun Day   The Really Not Fun Day I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:05 am

Wow, what a bummer b-day present... being 40+ and having to walk more than 100 yards in the snow is practically a death sentence. (ok maybe not, but I sure feel that way)

Sorry you had to go thru that bro. Good thing it's over with and you can look back on it now. When something cruddy happens, now you can say "well, it's not as bad as walking in the snow for several miles"
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Really Not Fun Day   The Really Not Fun Day I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 4:17 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Wow, what a bummer b-day present... being 40+ and having to walk more than 100 yards in the snow is practically a death sentence. (ok maybe not, but I sure feel that way)

I was one hurting puppy the next morning, a sign that I definately need to get my bulky little frame out for more exercise.
Laughing

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The Really Not Fun Day   The Really Not Fun Day I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:12 pm

At least it inspired a cool song..... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Really Not Fun Day   The Really Not Fun Day I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:22 pm

True dat!

PostSubject: Re: The Really Not Fun Day   The Really Not Fun Day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Really Not Fun Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: