Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fav Stryper song from each disc

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Fav Stryper song from each disc Empty
PostSubject: Fav Stryper song from each disc   Fav Stryper song from each disc I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:10 pm

I was figuring on continuing these but it slipped my mind...oops. So I thought I'd go straight to Stryper.

Yellow and Black Attack~ Co' mon Rock ~very energetic and fun song.I remember going to the local skate rink for church youth night and they played this for the mens speed skate round. I was zipping around and one of the girls put her hand out to do a high five of sorts. Our hands met and I ended up flat on the floor. My feet went out from under me. We just laughed so hard after that.

Soldiers Under Command~simply put...Surrender .

To Hell with the Devil~So many good songs on this,I'll have to go with Calling on You,Free, and Holding On.

In God We Trust~ This is a hard one. This is more pop that the rest and also an under-appreciated disc. There is my classic fav like Always There for You . Then you have the more mid tempo and ballads that I like more and more as time goes on; It's up 2 U,The World of You & I and Lonely

Against The Law~ All for One followed closely by Caught in the Middle

Can't Stop The Rock~I know this is a compilation disc but got give props to Believe . Mike wrote the whole song in about 10 minutes and it turned out really well.

7 /Best of Stryper~ Another compilation disc with two more new songs Something and For You . Even tho' these are also written in the Modern feel by Mike, I like these better than Reborn.

Reborn~I don't know if I can say I have a fav on this one. It rarely gets played here. It's a good disc in it's own right but it just doesn't feel like Stryper. If there is one song I can dig it is .Open Your Eyes.

Murder by Pride~This has got a few favs of mine;The Plan,Run in You & Love is Why

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Fav Stryper song from each disc   Fav Stryper song from each disc I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:23 pm

There are too many of these threads for me to really do! Albums are far easier to list as favorites!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fav Stryper song from each disc   Fav Stryper song from each disc I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:46 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
There are too many of these threads for me to really do! Albums are far easier to list as favorites!

Well don't do all of them. And you really don't need to listen to the whole catalog to find your favorites do you? I just take a few minutes and skim thorugh the tracks, usually my favorites jump out and grab me.

So I will be back in a little bit to give my Stryper favorites.

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fav Stryper song from each disc   Fav Stryper song from each disc I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:44 am

OK here goes.....

The Yellow & Black Attack - Co'mon Rock great song, but it has been a while since I heard it from this album. I have been missing this album for several years in my collection. I have no idea where it went....I probably loaned it to someone never to see it again.

Soliders Under Command - Surrender, but I love nearly all of these songs. Reach Out is a big favorite as well. First Stryper album I ever heard (long before I became a follower of Christ). Was blown away by them the first time I heard it.

To Hell With the Devil - To Hell With the Devil, also really dig the ubber cheesy Sing Along Song, another fantastic album.

In God We Trust - Lonely......this is easily my least favorite Stryper album, it doesn't see a whole lot of play.

Against the Law - Two Bodies, I panned this album for years, and even gave away my original tape I disliked it so much. But I found a used copy a few years ago and was very much suprised by how good it is.

I don't own either of the greatest hits albums.....

Reborn - When Did I See You Cry, but I also really like their re-working of In God We Trust (I.G.W.T.). I was rather disappointed with the direction they took on this album. I like quite a few modern rock bands but I didn't think this sound was right for Stryper. Still it's not a bad album at all.

Roxx Regime Demos - My Love I'll Always Show, really dig this rocked up version of this classic tune.

Murder by Pride - Four Leaf Clover, But I also really dig Murder by Pride, their Peace of Mind cover and the driving Mercy Over Blame. Just an amazingly fantastic album all around, probably in my top 3 favorite Stryper discs. I'm not sure there is a bad song on this disc.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Fav Stryper song from each disc   Fav Stryper song from each disc I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:18 am

You know,it's so hard to take one song you really like.
I like them all.
So my favorite songs are them all.
I agree with Chris.
It's easier to list favorite albums than favorite songs.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Fav Stryper song from each disc   Fav Stryper song from each disc I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:38 pm

I like these threads...they're fun!

The Yellow and Black Attack - "Co'mon Rock" - amazing riff. Cheesy lyrics, but who cares? I absolutely cannot sit still when this song is on.

Soldiers Under Command - "The Rock That Makes Me Roll" - again, amazing riff and cheesy lyrics. Again, who cares?

To Hell With The Devil - "To Hell With The Devil" - this was a hard one as I really like this one, Calling On You, The Way and More Than A Man.

In God We Trust - "The Writings On The Wall" - another great riff, this time without cheesy lyrics. This may be my favorite Stryper song, I'm not sure. I like this album a lot and this is easily my favorite on that album.

Against The Law - "Caught In The Middle" - great boogie metal song

Hollywood Records Greatest Hits - "Can't Stop The Rock" - another one of my favorite Stryper songs. Those of you who don't have this need to pick up this song from iTunes or something...it is a great song!

Reborn - "10,000 Years" - this one was hard! I really like "If I Die" on this album as well.

Murder By Pride - "Murder By Pride" - a song that harkened back to the glory days and has a great message as well. This one was easy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fav Stryper song from each disc   Fav Stryper song from each disc I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fav Stryper song from each disc
Page 1 of 1