Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oskord (Christian folk metal)

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Ahlitah
Axxent
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Axxent

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-28

Oskord (Christian folk metal) Empty
PostSubject: Oskord (Christian folk metal)   Oskord (Christian folk metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:16 am

Oskord (Christian folk metal) Oskord

The history of Oskord band begins on the ruins of quite successful Ukrainian band Holy Blood. Within this band, participants Oskord worked together for about five years, during which managed to record four albums, as well as give many concerts in Ukraine and abroad (Belarus, Switzerland, Moldova, Finland, Poland, The Czech Republic).

After the situation which affected the subsequent course of events, all participants except Fedor (vocals/guitar) had to leave the band. Since no one was going to give up with the music, guitarist Sergey Nagorny, bass guitarist Alex Andrushchenko and drummer Dmitry Titorenko decided to find the other musicians and continue to work under the new name. The band immediately joined Andrey Yakovenko, which can be seen on the last concerts Holy Blood as a session musician playing the flute and bouzouki.

Date of birth of the band can be considered on August 11, 2008, when all the participants gathered at the first rehearsal.

In spring 2009 the band began recording their debut album.

In September 2009, search for a vocalist to succeed, and the band joins a new member Grigory Nazarov, previously familiar to work with the Coram Deo band.

10 July 2010 the band played its first concert at the festival Total Armageddon.

October 18, 2010 completed work on their debut album "The Weapon of Hope".
We are glad to report that the work on our debut album is completely finished and the band begins to search the label for its release.

We present to your court two songs from the album, which will be titled "The Weapon Of Hope".
We will be happy to hear any feedback and honest criticism.

Music Oskord - a combination of modern metal and folk with ethnic instruments. In the lyrics of songs, which is expressed in the Ukrainian language, displayed the well-known Bible stories.

The song Ark of Salvation

www.oskord.com
http://www.myspace.com/oskord
http://twitter.com/oskord_band
http://vkontakte.ru/club1491952
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oskord/136006439784035
http://www.lastfm.ru/music/Oskord
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Oskord (Christian folk metal)   Oskord (Christian folk metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:16 pm

interesting, will have to look more into this. I really like Folk type music.

coudln't take the vocals on Holy Blood though, so never got into them.

do wish the lyrics were in english though. still will check this out.
Back to top Go down
Axxent

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Oskord (Christian folk metal)   Oskord (Christian folk metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:28 pm

We still have no translations of lyrics. But these 2 songs - they are 2 Bible stories - about Ark of Noah and about the Copper Serpent which Moses made for salvation of his people. Later, when we release album, there will be translations of all lyrics
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Oskord (Christian folk metal)   Oskord (Christian folk metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Axxent wrote:
We still have no translations of lyrics. But these 2 songs - they are 2 Bible stories - about Ark of Noah and about the Copper Serpent which Moses made for salvation of his people. Later, when we release album, there will be translations of all lyrics

Interesting, I checked out the download for Ark of Noah the vocals are not quite what i'm used to, but not as hard as Temple of Blood. Will have to listen to some more to be sure, but was liking it so far.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Oskord (Christian folk metal)   Oskord (Christian folk metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:33 pm

I just don't think some styles need to be put together as a hybrid, and this is one of them. Gonna have to pass.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Oskord (Christian folk metal)   Oskord (Christian folk metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:55 pm

First, welcome to the board Axxent!!!

I really liked the song in the video (The Copper Serpent I believe). I'm not sure if I would actually pick this up though, It's hard for me to really get into music with the vocals in a different language. But your music is definitely cool! Keep up the good work bro!
Back to top Go down
Mozart

Mozart

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Oskord (Christian folk metal)   Oskord (Christian folk metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:39 am

Interview with Oskord for Mauce.nl

The history of Oskord band begins on the ruins of quite successful Ukrainian band Holy Blood. Within this band, participants Oskord worked together for about five years. For now a new band has risen named Oskord, lets talk with these guys.

(TMR) Hello to you from The Metal Resource Holland, how are things going there in the Ukraine?

(O) The weather is nice in Ukraine, preparations for Euro 2012, and we don’t have anything to complain at.

(TMR) Will you introduce yourself and the band please! (name and instrument)

(O) Oskord band consists of six members:
Grigory Nazarov - vocals;
Sergey Nagorny - guitar, vocals
Max Kiprov - Guitar
Alexey Andrushchenko - bass
Andrey Yakovenko - flute, bouzouki
Dmitry Titorenko - drums

(TMR) Is this your first band, what other bands have you guys been in? (for everyone personal)

(O) Sergey: Prior to this, some of us played in the Holy Blood band, including me.
Max: I've played in some bands but it doesn’t make sense to mention them.
Dmitry: Holy Blood, Opozicia, TeSu, Factor 150, Evroklidon.
Grigory: Coram Deo, Usynlig Tumult, Heartquake.
Alexey: Holy Blood, Requital, St. Paul Crew. Well, the church worship team.
Andrey: I have quite a long time playing in the band Run, playing in the style of contemporary celtic.

(TMR) Can you tell us something about the origin of Oskord?

(O) Oskord band was formed immediately after we had to leave Holy Blood band, in August 2008. We had a long and carefully formed our line-up, aswell as working to create a new music material. At first it was difficult to start from scratch, but we don’t omit our hands.

(TMR) Why was chosen the name Oskord? Is there a story behind it?

(O) Oskord is Old Slavic word meaning a battle-ax. This word is good harmony with the style that we play. In addition, we believe that music is a weapon that can influence the world. Oskord is our spiritual weapon.

(TMR) How would you describe the music of Oskord the best?

(O) Best of all our music are able to describe the music critics and ordinary listeners. We call our style - folk metal. It’s a mix of folk music and modern metal genres.

(TMR) How does Oskord stands in life till events in the world, religion and politics and in which proportion stands that till your music and lyrics?

(O) Each of us has own civic position on those or other events, political issues. It is not always our opinions coincide, but this is not a matter of controversy. What about religion, we are believers, and it directly concerns our lyrics. We can’t not talk about what we live.

(TMR) For a lot of bands the lyrics are just an accidental circumstance, but for some bands they use them to communicate! Can you tell us how that is for Oskord?

(O) For us the lyrics aren’t just a sound addition to the music. Each text encourages people to think about their lives and make the right decision. Our lyrics are simple and clear, don’t need much to philosophize, to understand what the song about. Subject of our texts isa relationship between God and people.

(TMR) Is there a highlight already you will always remember, since the beginning of Oskord?

(O) I think we will always remember our first gig. We moved to this event for two years.

(TMR) And any worst thing? (if there is one)

(O) I can’t remember.

(TMR) What is your favorite food and drink? For everyone personal (no idea why people always want to know that)

(O) Sergey: I love all that delicious cooked. As for drinks, I love everything except the orange juice.
Max: Meat in French coffee with milk.
Dmitry: Sushi, cheese soup, and juices.
Grigory: Drink - Jägermeister, dishes - pies, borsch, dumplings.
Alexey: Favorite dish - mushroom soup, a drink - apple cider.
Andrey: the favorite dish has recently become a hot chicken soup with cheese and lemon, the favorite drink coffee consistently.

(TMR) First record you bought?

(O) Sergey: It was a collection of classical music. Operas of Russian composers.
Max: I don't remember.
Dmitry: I don’t remember) or never bought at all))
Grigory: The first disc - Black Sabbath.
Alexey: The first disc - Haggard - "And Thou Salt Trust ... The Seer".
Andrey: It is hard to remember, for sure it was some mp3 collection from Petrovka (the market in Kyiv). Maybe Deep Purple or Blind Guardian.

(TMR) What makes you laugh?

(O) Sergey: A good comedy.
Max: Jokes of our drummer.
Dmitry: Me personally - almost all)
Grigory: Laugh ...hmm, difficult question.
Alexey: Illogical phrases, absurd situation.
Andrey: A good mood, of course. If it is - a reason to laugh is easy to find.

(TMR) How did you prepare for a show?

(O) Sergey: I always pray before concerts, for people who will come and for our band. And choose what to wear and wash my hair)
Max: I try to think less about a gig, more often repeat the program at home.
Dmitry: There are technical preparation, check the pedal, the availability of all necessary, and spiritual preparation - a prayer, sometimes fast.
Grigory: Preparing for concerts ... "do not watch TV, do not listen to the radio, only water I drink, do not eat nothing” (C)
Alexey: I spend time in solitude, trying to calm down and, of course, work out the instrument.
Andrey: Play, slush the flute, change strings - nothing unusual.

(TMR) Favorite movie(s)?

(O) Sergey: Passion, Forrest Gump, Dancing In Darkness, Games Of Mind, The Saw, Illusionist, Tideland.
Max: The Lord Of The Rings.
Dmitry: Click.
Grigory: The Terminator, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead, Coffeeand Cigarettes, The Book of Eli, Resident Evil, films of David Lynch.
Alexey: Tideland, Goodbye Lenin!
Andrey: Blow-up, Tous les matins du monde, Love and Death.

(TMR) What is your all-time album top 5?

(O) Sergey: For me it is always impossible to ask. I listen toa lot of different and good music, and select the best five albums is simply impossible.
Max: Disturbed - Belive
System of a Down -Toxicity
Blindside - Silence
As i lay Dying - Shadows Are Security
Oh sleeper - When I Am God
Dmitry: In Flames - Reroute To Remain
Ozzy Osbourne - Ozzmosis
POD - Satellite
Living Sacrifice - In Memoriam
Jeremy Camp - Restored
Grigory: Judas Priest – Jugulator
Dark Tranquillity – Projector
Death – Symbolic
Burzum - Hviss Lyset tar Oss
King Diamong - Abigail
Although the albums sooo much.
Alexey: Neurosis - Times Of Grace
Portishead – Dummy
All India Radio – Fall
The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - Here Be Dragons
Hatebreed – Supremacy
Andrey: Very difficult to choose.
Shostakovich - Symphony no.5 (this can be considered the album?)
E.S.T. - From Gagagrin's Point of View
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Michael McGoldrick - Wired
Dervish - Spirit

(TMR) What is the dumbest question you have ever been asked?

(O) Sergey: I used to have a piercing in the lip, and many wondered whether the drinks poured through the hole.
Max: With a stupid questions, I pass.
Dmitry: "The first CD you bought?"
Grigory: This question)
Alexey: “How rock music can be christian?" and "Do you have sponsors?"
Andrey: "Why did you decide to play Irish music?"

(TMR) Do you have a life philosophy?

(O) Sergey: God and His Word is my philosophy.
Max: It's hard to call philosophy my set of beliefs and principles, so the answer is no.
Dmitry: Yes, but nobody knows. Even me.
Grigory: Philosophy: be yourself.
Alexey: Each day opens many doors for you. And you must be careful, because some of these doors - decisive.
Andrey: Yes, even quite a lot. Regular inventing philosophies of life - an integral part of it.

(TMR) Are you visiting many gigs by yourself and what do you listen to these days?

(O) Sergey: Usually going to concerts, I connected with our performance,or work (I work as a concert and studio soundengineer). As always I listen to music of different styles.
Max: I attend about 10 concerts a year. Listen to music quite different,such as Sia furler, Rob Stewart, Jeff Loomis, PERIPHERY, Alter Bridge.
Dmitry: Except of my concerts, attended not quite a lot. It was the Scorpions in 1997, and small concerts of friends in Kyiv.
Grigory: This year attended the concerts of all bands, which from childhood revered and loved)
Alexey: I visit about once a month - once in 2 months. Now I listen mostly trip-hop, all sorts of bands like Doctor Flake, Massive Attack, Elsiane.
Andrey: I visit concerts once or twice a month. I listen to everything -the last time Mike Stern, Porcupine Tree, Bach's Brandenburg Concertos (record, where Jordi Zavala conducts), Brian Finnegan, Opeth, Tord Gustavsen Trio, Jamiroquai.

(TMR) Tell us about the hard rock/metal scene in your area please?

(O) There are more and more gigs with worldwide band in Ukraine. Appeared a large choice in attending the event. Naturally, this creates some problems for local bands. As many people as before the local band can’t gather and have to move in small clubs. In general, as we know, this is a standard situation for the whole Europe.And also Ukraine has the biggest metal festival in Eastern Europe, Global East, two years running.

(TMR) What's your opinion on downloading music from the Internet?

(O) Sergey: it’s a hard question. On one side of me as a musician I would like that to buy our CDs. On the other hand I myself download a lot of music. I think this can’t be avoided.
Max: Positive.
Dmitry: Downloading music without permission - is wrong.
Grigory: Download, listen - buy) I buy CDs mostly at concerts.
Alexey: Downloading music is ok. But it is important to remember that your favorite bands are worth it to buy their albums. I try to do so.
Andrey: I think that's the way it should be applied. Free flow of information works for the science (otherwise we would still be living inthe Middle Ages) - why should it not work for music?

(TMR) What can you tell us about the upcoming album? (such as songs / release date / label)

(O) The album contains only 6 tracks, but the duration of the album 30 minutes. At this moment we are still looking for a label for cooperation, so that speak about the release date still early. We already have several offers from different labels, we hope that it will soon be able to report on who stood out our choice.

(TMR) Any other plans?

(O) We continue to work on new songs, and once they are ready, we will start working on our next album. And we are waiting for proposals from the concert organizers.

(TMR) Guys thanks for your time and the interview, we wish Oskord all the best ......Is there anything you wanna say at last? (any final statement ?)

(O) We wish your webzine further development. Thank you for your promptness, it seems this is our first interview.
We also thank all those who have left such kind comments about our work. See you at the concerts! Let God bless you.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Oskord (Christian folk metal)   Oskord (Christian folk metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:37 am

Welcome Mozart to Christian Hard Music.
Back to top Go down
Mozart

Mozart

PostSubject: Re: Oskord (Christian folk metal)   Oskord (Christian folk metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 7:00 am

We are happy to announce that album Oskord «Weapon Of Hope" will be released on Australian label Soundmass (http://www.soundmass.com/) very soon! The main distributor is a company from Germany Twilight (http://twilight-distribution.com/).

Oskord (Christian folk metal) Oskord_soon
Back to top Go down
Mozart

Mozart

PostSubject: Re: Oskord (Christian folk metal)   Oskord (Christian folk metal) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:40 pm

The album "Weapon Of Hope" released already! You can order CD here http://www.soundmass.com/show_item.php?item=6811, and on many other sites.

Live video with studio sound. Oskord - Salvation Ark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ecgTkiQL8Y
Back to top Go down
Garrison4JC

Garrison4JC

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Oskord (Christian folk metal)   Oskord (Christian folk metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:41 am

Personally, I love the "Weapon of Hope" EP! I ordered the MP3's on Soundmass Downloads the day it became available. The only thing I dislike is how short it is! Hahaha! I look forward to a full length! Smile

We have a couple of the tracks spinning on Sanctus Gladius Radio (I am the co-owner with Larry Versaw), as well as including tracks on The Master's Metal (Brutal).
Back to top Go down
http://sanctusgladius.com/
Mozart

Mozart

PostSubject: Re: Oskord (Christian folk metal)   Oskord (Christian folk metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:25 am

Full video from the presentation of Oskord debut album!

http://dai.ly/wbkPv5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oskord (Christian folk metal)   Oskord (Christian folk metal) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oskord (Christian folk metal)
Page 1 of 1