For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Musical Confession time.........Take That

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 4265
Registration date : 2007-05-05

Musical Confession time.........Take That Empty
PostSubject: Musical Confession time.........Take That   Musical Confession time.........Take That I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 6:03 am

Anyone a fan of this band? They're a "Boy band" from England who were famous in the 90's. I used to absolutely hate their songs and the type and style of their singing. They split up in the mid 90's and I was rather glad!

In 2006 they reformed and have been brilliant since then! They've released 2 albums and a 3rd is on the way in November. They are the only secular band I listen to. Not sure why but I dig the music.

Here's the video from their first single when they reformed.

and here's their new one...........

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 20301
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Musical Confession time.........Take That   Musical Confession time.........Take That I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:36 am

I can't say that I have ever heard of them. The songs you posted do have great hooks.

But I know what you mean about not knowing why you like them. Back in Highschool I was very much a metal only kind of guy (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath), but for some reason I really loved Samantha Fox's music.....and I just couldn't explain it. She wasn't even really all that talented. At least "Take That" has some talent (sounds better than N'Sync or the Back Street Boys).
Laughing

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 15476

PostSubject: Re: Musical Confession time.........Take That   Musical Confession time.........Take That I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:02 am

Fundy, wasn't it Take That who sung the title song for a James Bond movie?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 20518
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Musical Confession time.........Take That   Musical Confession time.........Take That I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:06 am

The band kinda reminds me of MercyMe or Leeland, Fundy. Maybe you should check those artists out, too.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Musical Confession time.........Take That   Musical Confession time.........Take That I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:28 pm

Staybrite wrote:
but for some reason I really loved Samantha Fox's music.....and I just couldn't explain it.

I'll bet I could... lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 20301

PostSubject: Re: Musical Confession time.........Take That   Musical Confession time.........Take That I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:12 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
but for some reason I really loved Samantha Fox's music.....and I just couldn't explain it.

I'll bet I could... lol!

Believe it (or not) it had little (or nothing) to do her sexually charged image. I didn't even find out about much of that for years after I had first listened to her.
I was also a big fan of Abba as well.

Fundy

Number of posts : 4265
Registration date : 2007-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Musical Confession time.........Take That   Musical Confession time.........Take That I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:18 am

Abba are great! Don't have any of their albums, but I've heard lots of their songs over the years, and they're all pretty catchy.

I don't think Take That did a James Bong song (though I could be wrong) but they did do the theme song for Stardust. (it's the song when the credits roll at the end).

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2088
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Musical Confession time.........Take That   Musical Confession time.........Take That I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:13 am

I hadn't heard of them before. Then again I don't get into "boy bands".

I am familiar with all of the James Bond films and didn't think they did a song for one of the movies. I had to look it up and I was right,they didn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bond_music#Official_main_title_themes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musical Confession time.........Take That   Musical Confession time.........Take That I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Musical Confession time.........Take That
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: