Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What was I thinking????

Go down 
+2
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What was I thinking???? Empty
PostSubject: What was I thinking????   What was I thinking???? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:12 am

No, this isn't a thread for some Disciple love or bashing! It's actually about Stryper, and one album in particular.

I've always "liked" Against The Law. I just never really got into it. Maybe I was still too uptight of a Christian to appreciate Stryper going in a more secular approach. Maybe it was the change in direction. I don't know what it was, but it's always been my least favorite.

Well, this morning, I woke up with "Not That Kind Of Guy" on my mind. I'm sitting at the computer listening to this, and it's just a musical beast! The boys are stepping out, stretching, and still managing to stick to their signature sound. Although not in every song, there are still great messages for Christians and non-Christians. Just the song I woke up with is a great song teaching sexual purity. "Two time Woman" talks about the danger of messing with a lascivious woman. And, for heaviness in the music, "Caught In The Middle" and the more tongue-in-cheek "Rock The Hell Out Of You" are just monsters to give you some whiplash from the headbangin' you almost have to do.

Like I said, what was I thinking? I am going to now have to seriously reconsider this project as a favorite.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What was I thinking????   What was I thinking???? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:47 am

I always have been a fan of "Against The Law" .
The songs you talk about are vet gave songs.

I love what you say " musical beast" yes those songs really are.
My hernia is extreme painful today so I better can't listen to "Aginst The Law".
Headbaning to get a wiplash is not what I like.
The title of the CD tells more over the songs - some things are against God's laws.
"Two Time Woman", "Not That Kind Of Man".
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What was I thinking????   What was I thinking???? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:51 am

Against The Law was always one of my favs. Yes, the whole disc is a beast and it will rock you!

I'm glad you have seen the light on this project.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What was I thinking????   What was I thinking???? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Sorry to hear that, Yvonne. I'll pray for you.

As for AGTL, I've always thought it was good, just not as good as some of their others. But the tracks "Rock The Hell Out Of You" and "All For One" are brilliant!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What was I thinking????   What was I thinking???? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:33 pm

I did the same thing almost 2 years ago. I had this album on cassette many many years ago and I think I only listened to it twice and traded it (or maybe even gave it way). At the time I thought it was their worst album.

I picked up a used cd copy a few years ago and gave it a good listen and was pleasently amazed by how good it was. Still not my absolute favorite but certainly a fantastic album.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What was I thinking????   What was I thinking???? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:22 am

I've never listened to it... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: What was I thinking????   What was I thinking???? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:44 am

Fundy, thanks for the prayers. I need them.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What was I thinking????   What was I thinking???? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I've never listened to it... Embarassed

Ummm dude I'm pretty sure it's listed as "in your collection" You mean you own the album and you've never listened to it!!!!!!!
What was I thinking???? 535627

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: What was I thinking????   What was I thinking???? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:15 pm

Guilty now it's almost weekend take "Against The Law" from the shelve and listen to those wonderful songs.
Now tell us on Monday if you really like "ATL".

If not we let you clean the mess we have made next year when we have our CHM meeting Tongue
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What was I thinking????   What was I thinking???? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:23 pm

Well, I can't say I've never listened to it... as I've played most of my collection in the background as I've done other things. Therefore, I have spun that album, I just didn't listen to it.
But I promise to give it a good close-attention listen this weekend. What was I thinking???? 676823
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What was I thinking????   What was I thinking???? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:36 am

That's what I was doing yesterday was actually LISTENING to ATL. The guitars, the vocals, what they had to say. Even on their "secular" album, Stryper still had more to say that a lot of Christian bands do today.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: What was I thinking????   What was I thinking???? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:03 am

That shows me what a great band Stryper is.

Guilty Thumbs Up

Sometimes I "listen" to a CD while my thoughts are spinning.
Not good to do a serious listen to what the lyrics tell me.
What works for me is to study on the lyrics to read what they sing and understand the words better.

I've studied on some Whitecross lyrics last weeks.
Songs that touched me are "No Other Love" makes us aware of God's amazing love for us.
" I keep praying and I'll never give in
To all the fears and the doubts that I feel
I keep prayin' and I'll never give up
Cause I know in my hear that Your power is real.

"No other love can make me feel the way You do no other love can keep the stars shinin'."You opened my eyes You never quit, You never gave in.
"Walk With Me" you can fill in your name and know God took away your sins.
"Keep Praying" about the strenght of a righteous prayer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was I thinking????   What was I thinking???? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was I thinking????
Page 1 of 1