Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movie question.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Movie question. Empty
PostSubject: Movie question.   Movie question. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:25 pm

There are a much more good Christian movies in the US than we have here.
Now I will ask if someone knows how to figure out what movies are translated in other languages?
Maybe when I know if some Christian movies are translated in Dutch I can search if I can find those movies.
In our library you can rent movies for a little fee.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Movie question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie question.   Movie question. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:43 pm

You'd have to look for yourself. With us having so many movies and in our native tongue, there isn't really a need for me to know if they are in any other languages. Maybe you could contact www.christiancinema.com and see if they know.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Movie question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie question.   Movie question. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 11:21 pm

I'm not even sure how one would go about finding out something like that.

rockerVu2

Movie question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie question.   Movie question. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 1:48 am

Yeppers the peppers, I bought Fireproof.
Found the DVD in our local bookstore.
I asked if they have Facing The Giants too, but that DVD is not translated.
So I have to order that DVD online and try to understand all the English.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Movie question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie question.   Movie question. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 2:59 am

One thing you might want to consider is using the subtitles/captioning. Lots of movies come with them in multiple languages for people that are deaf or have hearing disabilities.Around here they come in English,Spanish,French,Chinese,Korean and some Japanese. Then again some like Passion of the Christ came with subtitles because of a foreign language used in the movie. The disc has about 5 different languages.

I have a problem with my hearing so I use the subtitles all the time. I even have a few foreign films (that weren't released in America) that aren't in English but come with the English subs.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Movie question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie question.   Movie question. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:27 am

I am going to guess that not a lot of Christian movies, though, will be in other languages or have the Dutch subtitles. The companies putting these films out are tiny usually, and barely have enough money to make their film and get it on DVD. Paying the extra to have it translated would kill their budget. They may also figure that the sales would not be high enough to warrant paying for the translation. If they cannot recoup what they spent and make a little profit, then they won't put out more movies in the future.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Movie question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie question.   Movie question. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:48 pm

I did some checking here ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/)for region 2 dvd's and for the most part you are right. Yet I did find some that do have dutch subs (yet they are either thru Paramount or Fox at http://www.foxconnect.com/faith/)

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Movie question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie question.   Movie question. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:32 am

Thank you so much Hardcore for taking the time to look if there are Christian movies translated in Dutch.

I will contact christiancinema to ask if there are christian movies for sale here in Holland.
For so long I really would love to see Facing The Giants, that it's a challenge to order this movie and watch it in English.
That might help to improve my English isn't it? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movie question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie question.   Movie question. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie question.
Page 1 of 1