Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Fundy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Ok, list you favourite Bride song from each official album you own and say why you like it (if you want!)

1 - Show No Mercy
I Will Be With You. Lots of great songs on this album, but I Will Be With You has got some great high pitched vocals in it!
2 - Live To Die
Metal Might. Again, lots of great songs, but Metal Might just scrapes the top with that awesome long note near the end!
3 - Silence Is Madness
Until The End We Rock. Another awesome album. Until The End is pretty straight forward, but it's very very catchy.
4 - End Of The Age
Same Ol' Sinner. Yes, I know it's a best of, but Same Ol' Sinner is such a great song I had to include it!
5 - Kinetic Faith
Crimes Against Humanity. Great song, really good rhythm to it.
6 - Snakes In The Playground
Picture Perfect. Impossible to really choose a favourite as they're all great, but PP is not one of the well known songs, so I pick it as being 'the underdog!'
7 - Scarecrow Messiah
Beast. Opening track, and it's brilliant. "The devil's head is along the highwayyyyyyyyyy" awesome!
8 - Drop
Life is the blues. Not my style, but it's a good song.
9 - The Jesus Experience
Worm. My least favourite Bride album, this song still packs a punch.
10 - Oddities
Closer To The Center.... This album has brilliant lyrics in it, so they're all pretty much even. Closer is my favourite right now.
11 - Fist Full Of Bees
White House. Yes, it's rapcore. But it's catchy!
12 - This Is It
Head Lookin' For A Bullet. Could have come straight off of Snakes
13 - Skin For Skin
End Of Days. Marilyn Manson feel to this song. Good lyrics (can be taken both ways!)
14 - Tsar Bomba
When I Was A Kid. Fast driving song. Great solo.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:38 pm

I only have 3 Bride albums but I'm still gonna have to think about this one.

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:40 pm

OK, I am going to take a stab at this...

Show No Mercy - I find "Thunder In The City" to be a classic track with its creativity and theatrical presence

Live To Die - "Hell No" is nothing less than a metal anthem.

Silence Is Madness - Great hook and great energy on "Under The Influence".

Kinetic Faith - This is where the fun starts- but I am going to have to go with "Everybody Knows My Name", perhaps Bride's all time best song.

Snakes In The Playground - I am go to throw a bit of a curve ball here and choose the ballad "I Miss The Rain".

Scarecrow Messiah - "Doubt"- scorching guitar solo from Oz Fox.

Drop - Perhaps Bride's most overlooked album. I have always felt that "I'm The Devil" is a great rock anthem

The Jesus Experience - So Bride does modern hard rock- and quite well at that! I might be the only person here to like this album (a lot) but "The Worm" has a cool grungy low end.

Oddities - "I Ain't Coming Down" is a heavy duty rocker.

Fist Full Of Bees - I'm not in the mood...

This Is It - "Head Lookin' For A Bullet" provides plenty of controversy- great song too!

Skin For Skin - Best Bride album from the previous decade (IMHO). The group puts it all together on "Inside Ourselves"

Tsar Bomba - There is a LOT to like here - good song after good song - so it is hard to decide, but am going to have to go with the acoustic Queen cover “Rhapsodie Fur Ein Gitarre”
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 2:05 am

Kinetic Faith - Skimask

Snakes In The Playground - Dust Trough A Fan

Scaregrow Messiah - Doubt

Jesus Experience - The Worm

Oddities - If I Told You It Was The End Of The World

Fist Full Of Bees - Never Thought About Going Back

This Is It - Microphone

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:31 am

The album that I found to be the most difficult to decide was Oddities. That is a modern masterpiece. Apart from it being not in my favourite style everything else about the album is brilliant.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 1:20 pm

Kinetic Faith - "Hired Gun" I love that raspy blues soaked gravelly vocal over the acoustic guitars and then it kicks into full drive with Dales wailing scream......I hope you and Jesus have it all worked out. The solo also smokes without being "over done" (if you know what I mean). BTW this is a fantastic album not really a bad track on it, probably my favorite Bride album (I also really like "Ever Fallen in Love").

Snakes in the Playground - "I Miss the Rain" the rockers on this album are absolutely great, but the emotion and sincerity on "I Miss the Rain" is just so authentic. Another album with no bad songs.

Scarecrow Messiah - "Thorns" what a cool sultry intro, I really love the groove on this tune, and while I can't really understand some of the lyrics the guitar fills between the verses just grab me every time I hear it. I just got this album recently (Alldat insisted). And I think it is a great follow-up to Snakes. There are a few songs I don't care for, but overall another great album.

Jesus Experience - "End" another fantastic guitar groove song, and the vocals fit really well in into the stop/start gaps of the music. Another song I find myself singing in my head long after the music stops. I actually forgot that I had this album (I found it in a pile of stuff about a year ago). I remember that I had planned to get rid of it, but when I found it in my closet I decided to give it another spin and found some really cool tunes. "I Love You" is another cool tune with a really sweet bass line.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:18 am

My problem with "Snakes In The Playground" is that there is not one song I don't like.
I love "m all.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:38 pm

It is interesting to see so many different "favorites" from the same album.
This is a cool thread Fundy, got another band we can do this for?

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:33 am

Show No Mercy ~Thunder in the City

Live To Die ~Hell No

Silence is Madness ~Until the end we Rock

Kinetic Faith ~Troubled Times

Snakes in the Playground ~Don't Use Me

Scarecrow Messiah ~Beast

Drop ~Life is the blues

The Jesus Experience ~The Worm

Fist full of Bees ~God

Oddities ~Spirit
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:39 pm

Hardkore wrote:

The Jesus Experience ~The Worm

I think I see a trend, I believe I am the only one (so far) who did not pick "The Worm" as my favorite track from "The Jesus Experience".

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 10:58 am

Ok, I'm gonna give this a try. I am leaving out the first two CDs of Bride as I don't really like those. I have them to complete the coolection.

SILENCE IS MADNESS - Favorite track: Under The Influence. It's just different from the rest of the disc, and you can hear the change in direction coming for Bride in this song. They are moving away from the more traditional metal and going with a more bluesy feel, and this song shows that side of them long before a full project comes out with this style.

KINETIC FAITH - This is the first Bride album I ever bought. I didn't like it at first. Actually, I didn't like it until AFTER "Snakes" came out. Favorite track: "Troubled Times". Great bluesy riffs and a ton of swagger. I'd still like to hear this album without all the over production. I wish Bride would do this one live in a studio setting and just rock it.

SNAKES IN THE PLAYGROUND - This is the pinnacle of Bride's career. Man, it's hard to pick a favorite on this one. I can play every song on the bass and rhythm guitar. I am going to go with "Psychedelic Super Jesus". I love the groove on this one, and I like what the band has to say here. People just don't see Jesus the way they should. We create our own image of Him to fit our wants. Powerful song. I like the funky parts on guitar, too!

SCARECROW MESSIAH - EVeryone always says they want "Snakes Part 2". Well, in my opinion, this WAS that project. Sure, it wasn't as polished, but this album picks up right where "Snakes" left off. Favorite song: "Time". Again, I just love the funky feel of this. Close seconds would be "Beast" or "Scarecrow". I even like the bonus track on this CD where the band parody themselves with the techno version of "Scarecrow". I'm gonna have to play these two albums today.

DROP - Man, what a change from the previous 3 records! I hated this at first. But, I got to go see Bride and hear these songs live mixed in with their other songs. I think the mix was messed up. These songs were a lot heavier in concert. But, I came to love this as I got used to the thought that every band needs to stretch a little. Still love "Personal Savior" the most. This is a great song to bridge the gap between the feel of the previous albums and this more experimental trip. With a great lead, this song would have been huge. 2nd favorite would have to be "Have You Made It?".

THE JESUS EXPERIENCE - Bride gone grunge.....sort of. I think this would have been a great album (and is, to me) with more leads. The production is different, but it feels much like "Scarecrow Messiah" mixed with "Kinetic Faith". Favorite track again goes to the more funky sounding "I Live For You". It's just a fun song to me. 2nd favorite goes to "I Love You".

ODDITES - This project was definitely named appropriately. The album is disjointed as a whole with an unhealthy mix of too many ballads. No leads hurt the rockers, too. Of the modern era of Bride, this is my least favorite at it just sounds unfinished. Favorite song: tied between two. "I Found God" and "Die A Little Bit Every Day". With some smoking leads, both would have fit well on "Snakes" or "Scarecrow". This album just has too much filler.

FISTFULL OF BEES - Had it not been for the rapping, this would have been considered "Snakes Part 3". Bride had not had this kind of attitude with their music since "Snakes" and "Scarecrow". I think that the rap really alienated a lot of older fans, but this was Bride's answer to them being the "christian AC/DC" with no new tricks. They pulled this off almost TOO well. I think it gets bagged on way too much and is really a great album in spite of the rap vocals. Favorite song: "Bitter End". Classic Bride song here with full vocals, no rap. Leads a plenty!

THIS IS IT - The return of Bride to their bluesy sound. Want a classic Bride song" "Head Lookin' For A Bullet" fits the bill. Plenty of grit and attitude here. Besides, any song that starts with a bullet being chambered has got to be good, right? Besides, Troy comes out of the gate at the front with some nice bends and show us that he is quite the guitarist when he wants to be. Just because Bride has used guest guitarists over the years doesn't mean that they needed to. Troy has the goods and shows it here with his blues licks.

SKIN FOR SKIN - Man, Bride took a step toward being a thrash band here! This is heavy as stink! For a band that everyone had pretty much written off as having no new tricks, they did pretty good showing everyone that this band ain't done yet! Favorite song: "Take The Medication". It starts off with an ominous feeling. It feels more like an Alice Cooper song rather than Bride, but I like it. "Hard To Kick" gets my vote for 2nd with it's big hooky chorus. "Bang Goodbye" is right up there with all the groove. Again, it's kinda funky, and I like it when this band goes that route for a song. I can't help it. It gets into a more Alice Cooper feel in the bridge as it takes a kind of dark carnival sound to me. It would have gotten more props if it had a solo instead of a breakdown in the middle.

TSAR BOMBA - Best song? "Downward". This is the best ballad that Bride has EVER done. Period. This song is so powerful with the piano opening. Dale just sounds so desperate on this song. The passion for this song is so evident in the chorus. This song should be all over the radio.

Ok, after two of these monster responses this morning, I am done for a while. I might tackle the Rez thread on another day.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:09 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Ok, after two of these monster responses this morning, I am done for a while. I might tackle the Rez thread on another day.

Ok fine, you can have a break.

Thanks for chiming in, you had some great stuff to say. I was going to suggest that you pick a band to do next. There are still several bands with 4 or more albums that many of our members will have some (if not all) of. (Petra, Stryper, Whitecross, Sacred Warrior, Barren Cross, Angelica, Skillet, Bloodgood, Guardian, Holy Soldier, Kutless, Mad at the World, Narnia, Pillar, Rob Rock, Seventh Day Slumber)

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 5:51 pm

I admire people who can describe so very well why they like songs.
Please Staybrite no more threads with "tell us your favorite song of each album and why".
Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) 9

Quote :

You did a good job by typing this all for us.
A break?
You are just back from a break.
Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) 1
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:53 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Ok fine, you can have a break.

Thanks for chiming in, you had some great stuff to say. I was going to suggest that you pick a band to do next. There are still several bands with 4 or more albums that many of our members will have some (if not all) of. (Petra, Stryper, Whitecross, Sacred Warrior, Barren Cross, Angelica, Skillet, Bloodgood, Guardian, Holy Soldier, Kutless, Mad at the World, Narnia, Pillar, Rob Rock, Seventh Day Slumber)

You can add to that list The Violet Burning,Deliverance,DeGarmo & Key,David & The Giants,any group /solo disc by Ken Tamplin,White Heart, & X-Sinner. What if we made it at least 3 albums by a group. Then we could add One Bad Pig and a few others.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 10:53 pm

Good picks Hardkore, some of them (including the ones I picked) my be a hard sell though as some people here might not have many (or any) of some of those artists.

I think the "at least 3 albums" is a good idea. Thumbs Up

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)   Favourite Bride song from each album (and why) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Bride song from each album (and why)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: