Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tourniquet

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Fundy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Tourniquet Empty
PostSubject: Tourniquet   Tourniquet I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:23 am

Tourniquet's next album has been delayed until 2011. But (as has been said at CMR) the amount of time between albums for TQT is sooooo long that another year really only seems like a month.

WMRD was released in 2003, so it'll be 8 years between albums!!!! That is quite a while for an active band!!! Not sure if there are any others who have done similar, or even longer than that. Some have disbanded and then regrouped, but I can't think of any right now that still carry on that long between albums.

Still, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. WMRD was great.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Tourniquet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet   Tourniquet I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:04 am

I'd like to hear more in the "Vanishing Lessons" style. That album, to me, is their best.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Tourniquet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet   Tourniquet I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:39 am

For me personally, and this would get me in very hot water on CMR, I find Tourniquet one of the, if not the most, overated band in the Christian metal market. I have tried to listen to them, not even like but just listen, to them dozens of times and I can't get through any single album. Then you add all the drama over which lead singer is the best and how old TQT was better/worse than current lineup...etc. and I completely lose interest. Add to that the time factor between releases and they lose all relevancy to me.

Before anybody grabs a torch to come after me, know that I do not mean to offend anyone, I am just stating my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Tourniquet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet   Tourniquet I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:16 am

Let's get him!!!!!!!!!

Fight

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Tourniquet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet   Tourniquet I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:29 pm

For the most part I agree with Naz Pastor regarding this band.

I really like "Where Moth and Rust Destroy". I also liked their Acoustic album, and about half of "Crawl to China" (which is still quite a few songs), but other than that I just can't get into the rest of their music.

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Tourniquet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet   Tourniquet I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 5:56 pm

I agree to a point with NP.... I like Tourniquet but I don't think they're the greatest band ever..... They were technical but not very heavy at all... Sorta hit and miss for me....

Tourniquet 69238
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

Tourniquet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet   Tourniquet I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:35 pm

nazpastor wrote:
For me personally, and this would get me in very hot water on CMR, I find Tourniquet one of the, if not the most, overated band in the Christian metal market. I have tried to listen to them, not even like but just listen, to them dozens of times and I can't get through any single album. Then you add all the drama over which lead singer is the best and how old TQT was better/worse than current lineup...etc. and I completely lose interest. Add to that the time factor between releases and they lose all relevancy to me.

Before anybody grabs a torch to come after me, know that I do not mean to offend anyone, I am just stating my opinion.

A few years ago, I might have been one of those "torch-grabbers." But this insane length between albums--why? Heck, I remember when Rush went six years between albums...and that was with the personal tragedies in drummer/lyricist Neil Peart's life. What's the excuse here? Is it because Tourniquet is no longer a valid band? Sorry, but that's what my inner cynic is telling me.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

Tourniquet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet   Tourniquet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:11 am

I thought their excuse was waiting for a major label to pick them up. Anyway, I like some of their stuff, but they're almost too technical/progressive.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Tourniquet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet   Tourniquet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 3:37 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
I thought their excuse was waiting for a major label to pick them up.......

Now that you mention it, I thought I remember Ted posting something about "shopping around for a label"

Number of posts : 3874

Tourniquet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet   Tourniquet I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Yes, that was on FS 2-3 years ago and I recall many didn't agree with that stance.

Sponsored content

Tourniquet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet   Tourniquet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: