Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

White Heart

Go down 
+11
mr.electric40
Hardkore
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Follower of Jesus
heath777
ChosenOne
Fundy
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Dynamis
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Any fans here of White Heart? What are your thoughts on this CCM band?

Recently picked up a used CD copy of "Freedom" and am very impressed. I recall back in the day listening to both the self-titled debut and "Vital Signs" and subsequently wrote the group off. But looks like I should not have been so quick to dismiss them.

What other White Heart CD's would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:53 am

I love this band, I have most of their catalog. I was actually turned on to them during the mid 80s (way back before I was even a Christian) so the "Hotline" album holds a lot of nostalgia for me, but I don't think I would recommend that album for someone trying to get into the band. I would say most of their work with Rick Florian on the mic is their best.
Since you already have Freedom I would recommend Powerhouse next (although Highlands, Tales of Wonder, and Inside are great also). I would steer clear of anything prior to 1986's "Don't Wait For the Movie" and I wouldn't listen to Redemption before you check out the other titles I mentioned. Redemption was their last album and it had more of an "adult alternative" kind of vibe, that I didn't really care for.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:34 am

I would have to agree with Staybrite on his post. I feel the exact same as far as Whiteheart releases go.

I did get to see them and Rachel Rachel in concert years ago. Amazing bands!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:59 am

I've got Powerhouse on Cassette somewhere and although it was good it was a bit too light for me at the time. I'll probably like it alot more nowadays!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:32 pm

WH rules. Caught em three times (Emergency Broadcast, Freedom, and Powerhouse) tours. They could rock like crazy, yet bring tears to the house after belting out Montana Sky.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:01 pm

WhiteHeart was one of the best bands in Christian Rock in my opinion. Freedom to this day still remains my favorite album. Just wish I lived in TN to go to the reunion concert of that line up that is this month sometimes. I liked all the albums even the last one Redemption. The only problem that album had was that it had the feeling of "we have to release another album to fulfill our contract" vibe to it. It was basically Mark/Rick/Billy and studio muscians. Just didn't have that WH vibe to it, but still a good album
Back to top Go down
heath777

heath777

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-01

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:20 am

I love their last two discs and then various songs from their albums before those two. The song Independence Day is awesome!
Back to top Go down

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Rockin'
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:33 pm

LOVE Whiteheart!!!!!!

Favorite album would be Powerhouse, but I like the vast majority of their records with the exceptions of Hotline and Redemption. The first s/t album is also a bit hit and miss, but it does have a few great songs on it. But Vital Signs is a tremendous album. When Rick Florian joined the ranks in '86, the band hit its stride. Prior to that, I'm not sure they knew what kind of band they wanted to be. But with Don't Wait For The Movie, they took off in a direction that never changed much until Redemption.

Here's the list from my Whiteheart CDR I made a while back...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:37 pm

Great list! cheers
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:34 am

Introduced to Whiteheart when I heard their song "Desert Rose" on KLoRD 90.1 - Very soft rock ballad, but I fell in love with the lyrics and sound. Had no idea that they could rock too - so Powerhouse was my first album. Got a lot of play from me. Far from "hard rock" but a very talented band nonetheless. Saw them in concert shortly after that (Six Flags) - gained a deep respect for them.
I've got all their albums today.... but I agree with Staybright =Powerhouse, Highlands, Tales of Wonder rank as the top 3 for me.

(for those who like the styles of Billy Squier and Nightranger)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:23 pm

I love it when people agree with me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Guilty/Forgiven

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:19 am

I know - when you're always right, you'd think everyone would agree with you.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:22 pm

I know, that's exactly it!

lol!

Admin
alldatndensum

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:14 pm

I see it like this:

I might not always be right, but I am always convinced of it! lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:32 am

Will try to find some cool Whiteheart CDs.
In my Napster days I downloaded some songs of this band.

Guys, it's always cool when you agree with each other.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:46 am

Yvonne, I think you would love "Freedom" and "Power House". Those are great places to start, anyway.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:51 am

I think you are right.
So I hurry to find those awesome "babies'.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 6:48 am

Freedom and Tales of Wonder are my top two fav's of theirs for sure.

One time they were supposed to come here for a concert but then it was said the church they were billed to play at ,the stage was too small. Yet that is the same church where I saw Geoff Moore and The Distance play at.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:52 pm

I saw them in support of Freedom.... Unbelievably good.... blew Petra off the stage...

Freedom, Highlands, Inside, Powerhouse are all solid hard edge AOR....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
PouncerW

PouncerW

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-06-28

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:09 pm

The freedom album is my favorite as well. The two songs on that release that stand out to me is "Let the Kingdom come" and "Let it go". The whole album is great, but those two leave impressions.
Back to top Go down
ProgPariah77

ProgPariah77

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-05-30

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:32 pm

WH got a lot of play for me during my college and seminary years. I have all of their studio albums on CD ... in a box in my garage. Neutral

Although I haven't spun 'em in at least a decade, I have many fond memories associated with these albums - I definitely need to dig 'em out, dust 'em off, and give 'em a fresh listen.

Peace,
Rob What a Face
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:06 am

I LOVED White Heart and at various points thought they should be the flagship Christian rock band instead of Petra. The Ric Florian years are also, IMO, their best. I do think it is kinda funny that Steve Green was the vocalist on their S/T.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Quote :
. I do think it is kinda funny that Steve Green was the vocalist on their S/T.

I love that first release ! For it's time, it was very well produced and has that classic old 70s rock in the vein of Foreigner or Chicago. I dig it !
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 8:00 am

I had both of their first 2 albums on cassette years ago. I hated them. The were just too pop for me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

White Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Heart   White Heart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Heart
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next