Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Silverline

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Silverline Empty
PostSubject: Silverline   Silverline I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:22 am

Ok, when I heard this band's first album I wasn't all that impressed. But when I listened to their latest 8-song effort, Voices in the Night, I was awestruck! This band has definitely found its niche with this album. There's no easy way to describe their sound, but I would say at times they sound like The Wedding with a little auto-tune, a hint of southern rock, and a little of the orchestral side of Skillet. Then at other times, they have a more poppy sound but with the vocal style of Dead Poetics (New Medicines album). My favorite tracks are Turn it Up, Voices in the Night, and Creation.

Silverline - Voices in the Night
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Silverline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silverline   Silverline I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:55 am

I see where they got booked on a pretty major tour as well. The Innocent Monster tour featuring Red,The Almost, & Brian "Head" Welch. Kinda sucks that once again they release an EP but that seems pretty standard for the bands that are on the same label.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Silverline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silverline   Silverline I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Listening right now, not really my cup of tea on first listen, but definately not bad.

I do find it funny that 8 songs are considered an EP now. I remember many of the full lenght LPs I owned in the early to mid 80's only had 8 or 9 songs. But with the younger/modern bands not using guitar solos their songs can be considerably shorter, so maybe it makes sense.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Silverline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silverline   Silverline I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:25 am

I think you'll see even more EPs even from established bands signed to labels in the future. As profits for labels and artists continue to drop due to many factors, they will stop spending all the money to make full length albums--especially when most paying downloaders only want a few songs typically.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Silverline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silverline   Silverline I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:55 am

I didn't bother to listen to this band even after 2 threads have shown up here over a couple of years. But, yesterday I was checking out some bands I had heard of but never heard. I ended up getting the download for both of Silverline's albums and really like this. Their sound reminds me of mixing Kutless with newer Amberlin and maybe a bit of Stellar Kart/Relient K thrown in. Lyrically, they are very inspiring, and there are no growling vocals.

Both of their albums are EPs, so the cost is very low. You might find them on eMusic, but can obtain the songs inexpensively through Amazon.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Silverline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silverline   Silverline I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Yep! Their stuff is pretty cool. I liked the most recent EP more than the first one. I really like the song Voices in the Night.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Silverline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silverline   Silverline I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:36 pm

I have a full length indie album called Flowers From A Grave, that they were selling for $5 at Sonshine years back. Haven't really given them much of a listen however.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Silverline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silverline   Silverline I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:24 am

Downloaded a Silverline EP on eMusic.
This EP is mabye a S/T with only four songs.
I doubt if this a Silverline EP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silverline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silverline   Silverline I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silverline
Page 1 of 1