Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sunday Morning Drive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Sunday Morning Drive Empty
PostSubject: Sunday Morning Drive   Sunday Morning Drive I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:44 pm

OK, so I was flipping through a local underground paper and reading the record reviews when I discovered a previously unheard of group named Sunday Morning Drive. It could not help but get my attention when the reviewer started things out by stating:

"I had a feeling this would be a piece of garbage when I was leafing through the booklet previous to listening and reading through the lyrics and running through their thank you list and ending on last but certainly not least we'd like to thank Christ"

Now, beyond the obvious bias involved in the reviewers tone (i.e.: if it is a Christian band then that obviously means the music is bad so I am not even going to give the record a chance), I decided to check Sunday Morning Drive at its MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/smdband

What we have in Sunday Morning Drive, in the bands own words, is "an independent acoustic rock band from Tempe, Arizona. Combining elements of rock, jazz, hip hop, and organic electronic music, the band plays original songs that range from the light-hearted to the deeply reflective. Often compared to Dave Matthews Band and Jack Johnson..."

Not my cup of tea but thought others here might be interested.

BTW, the reviewer closed things out by stating "Rappers can thank God. Rock bands not so much. Dylan barely survived his Christian period with any rep intact. And that's with top-notch studio guys. Exception: George Harrison".

This has got to be the most clueless review I have read in my life (and believe me- I have written my fair share of them). I mean, rock bands cannot thank God? Where does the guy get this stuff? Obviously has not heard of Stryper or P.O.D.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Drive   Sunday Morning Drive I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:54 pm

Sounds like he certainly brought his "bias" to the review. I don't think I would be able to trust much of any he wrote (barring a change of attitude).

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Drive   Sunday Morning Drive I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:40 am

I think a letter to the editor/publisher of that magazine is in order, Dynamis. To take a stab at a band just due to them thanking God is ridiculous. He needs to print an apology.

As far as the band goes, they remind me a lot of the very first Jars Of Clay album. I like it, but I probably wouldn't listen to it much.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning Drive   Sunday Morning Drive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunday Morning Drive
Page 1 of 1