Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CHM.....on Facebook?

Go down 
+5
Staybrite
Fundy
Ahlitah
silentthunder89
alldatndensum
9 posters

CHM.....on Facebook?
Definitely! I think it's a great idea!
CHM.....on Facebook? I_vote_lcap33%CHM.....on Facebook? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Maybe....I use Facebook quite a bit.
CHM.....on Facebook? I_vote_lcap33%CHM.....on Facebook? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
If it were the only option, I would use a Facebook CHM page.
CHM.....on Facebook? I_vote_lcap22%CHM.....on Facebook? I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
I hate Facebook and would not move if the CHM did so.
CHM.....on Facebook? I_vote_lcap11%CHM.....on Facebook? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

CHM.....on Facebook? Empty
PostSubject: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:44 am

We've been discussing what we can do to grow our community here. We've tried some things like the band links page. We also tried doing a monthly artist spotlight. However, our membership seems to be rather silent or missing in action. So, I have an idea.

Most people these days use Facebook. Would you post on a Facebook forum for CHM? We possibly could pick up more people if we moved to a hotter location.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:10 am

I think setting up CHM facebook page would be a great idea. It would be a great way to get the word out about CHM to those who wouldn't hear about it otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:37 am

nope, I can't stand facebook. If this forum moved there, I would be gone. (not that it would be a great loss, I don't post much!)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:46 am

Quote :
I think setting up CHM facebook page would be a great idea. It would be a
great way to get the word out about CHM to those who wouldn't hear
about it otherwise.

I'm not just talking about setting up a fan page or something of that nature. I'm talking about the possibility of moving lock, stock, and barrel to Facebook. The board would possibly exist there only.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Hmm, I prefer CHM being here, but I guess the main reason is because I know how it operates. A facebook CHM would be okay as a replacement, but I don't know how a forum works on facebook.

Still, where ever CHM goes I'll follow!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:43 pm

Don't worry, folks.....this is not a done deal. The decision will not just be mine. I definitely want moderators' opinions on this. I also value all of our people's opinions. That's why I brought it here for a vote to see what we might could do.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:07 pm

I'm not completely opposed to it. If we did move I would certainly come along. I know it can be a hassle to maintain this site (watch out for hackers etc.) and some of that might be easier on f.b.

I'm kind of like Fundy though I don't really have a clue how much of f.b. works.
But I am loyal to CHM.

As with any move we would certainly lose people (even though you don't post all that often you would be missed Ahlitah). We lost people when we moved here from the old site, but we still gained some new people (some great people).

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:38 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
I think setting up CHM facebook page would be a great idea. It would be a
great way to get the word out about CHM to those who wouldn't hear
about it otherwise.

I'm not just talking about setting up a fan page or something of that nature. I'm talking about the possibility of moving lock, stock, and barrel to Facebook. The board would possibly exist there only.

Ohhhhh, ok. Well in that case, I can see both sides of it. It would probably attract a larger audience than this site would, but most likely it would also most likely attract haters that will want to bash the site and Christianity in general (usually happens to pretty much any fan page including the words 'Jesus', 'Christian,' etc.) because they feel so strongly against it. Also, we would most likely lose any involvement from bands/artists such as PK Mitchell, F.O.G, Michael Sweet, Crosswire, or any other band/artist that would just like to either promote their band, send us a message, or just hang out. Not to mention the loss of other members such as Ahlitah. But I dunno, I of course would still follow and post on the new CHM facebook page pretty frequently. But it's up to you where the board goes from here.
Back to top Go down
ProgPariah77

ProgPariah77

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-05-30

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm new here, so I would not expect my opinion to have the same weight as others who've been here for a while, but personally, I've found FB to be an excellent way of getting the word out about ... well, just about anything. I suspect that a net increase in traffic would likely result from such a move.

Re: the haters - can FB forums be moderated or access restricted? I don't know for sure ... but if the answer is "yes," you'd want to treat troublemakers the same there as you would here if someone showed up and started ripping on Christ, Christian bands, etc.

So ... for what it's worth ... ;-)
Back to top Go down
Bsax

Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:35 pm

I think as long as it's monitored well to avoid the hate comments like mentioned above then it's a fantastic idea.

A lot of my friends that live out of town do not have msn so facebook and facebook chat it how I keep in touch. I have CHM bookmarked on my browser but since im on facebook a lot I could defintely forsee spending some time on a page.

I do wonder though if it would be as easy to naviagate/ does it really have the capacity to hold up the many different categories and then discussions that we have on the form now?

Maybe you could do a test run like make a page for it on facebook? (I'd be willing to help) and see if we can recruit some people from it/ get some more activeness but still keep this page up and running at least for awhile to decide which works best
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Keep the ideas flowing, people. I like the way you all are thinking.

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Quote :
Re: the haters - can FB forums be moderated or access restricted? I
don't know for sure ... but if the answer is "yes," you'd want to treat
troublemakers the same there as you would here if someone showed up and
started ripping on Christ, Christian bands, etc.

Yes, FB forums can be moderated and access-restricted, but it would all have to be manual. If reported multiple times, FB will give certain posters a warning (or delete their profile in extreme cases or to multiple offenders), but in most cases troublemakers would have to be dealt with on an individual basis. However, the odds of having to many of these kinds of visitors are pretty slim. For most people, it seems like nowadays they're just kind of keeping to themselves unless its a highly debatable subject such as the theory of Evolution, Big Bang Theory, or nearly any other scientific topic.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:31 am

Moderating the trolls probably wouldn't be a major issue, I'm usually on here twice a day and I expect that between Alldat, myself and RockerVu2 there is one of us here 5 to 6 times a day.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:29 am

Now that the subbing is over for the summer, I am practically here all day! CHM.....on Facebook? 860659

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:39 am

Quote :
Hmm, I prefer CHM being here

Me too. CHM feels like home for me.

Quote :
I know it can be a hassle to maintain this site (watch out for hackers etc.) and some of that might be easier on f.b.

That's my fear for Facebook. The many hackers, scammers there.
Can the administrators and the moderators controle a CHM on Facebook?
Or is it only Facebook who is able to remove troublemakers and hateful people?

Moving CHM to facebook?
It has two sides.
-We have to build again a new message page on Facebook.
- We have to learn again how to work with a CHM on facebook.
-We can't make things like The Buzz, the Warped drive, the Biblecal Discussion.
- On our current CHM we have emotiocons, the chat, we can quote. Have more options to personlize our CHM
- We are loosing CHM members again.
- On the current CHM the admins and mods can controle CHM, troublemakers can be removed.

What I think about a move to Facebook.
I sometimes visit the CMR page on Facebook and have noticed that on the other CMR message board much more people post.
The CMR page on Facebook is not very populair.
We don't know if CHM will grow on Facebook.
Maybe people join who are troublemakers and the "family atmospere" we have on CHM will be gone.?
Now we have a close and very cool message board.
We don't know what is going to happen when CHM will be moved to Facebook.
My suggestion is to open a CHM page on Facebook to see how it works out.
We keep running our CHM on the place where it is now.
When we really see CHM is growing we always can talk about to move CHM to Facebook.
Or we have to think about an other way to run CHM.

I think we all are responsible for CHM.
CHM is for most of the members a place they feel comfortable and a place where they can talk about their favorite music.
I noticed the Biblecal Disccusion is very quiet for some time now.
For all members of CHM it's always possible to start a thread about a band, share your thoughts about music or other things.
Talk with each other about the Bible or discuss about topics. Or share things you struggle with, prayer requests. Play games, musical games, but maybe word games or other games in the Warped Drove.
Maybe we can start an other section about music, not the hard music we love to talk about, but about other music like music we all like a bit heavier P & W music, Starfield, Third Day, Lincoln Brewster and other bands.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2550
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:47 am

I don't even have a facebook page. Hadn't really bothered considering to get one.

One guy on another forum said his page got hacked to where he couldn't even access it.

I can see maybe CHM having a page at facebook with a link to here maybe,that way you don't have to rebuild again.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:51 am

Keep the input coming, my friends! I highly value everyone's honest opinions.

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Quote :
My suggestion is to open a CHM page on
Facebook to see how it works out.
We keep running our CHM on the
place where it is now.
When we really see CHM is growing we always
can talk about to move CHM to Facebook.

I like that idea. If things don't work out on the Facebook page, we would still have the main CHM board to fall back on and we would just have to simply delete the facebook page. If it is very successful, then we could always talk about a permenant move then.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:52 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
Quote :
My suggestion is to open a CHM page on
Facebook to see how it works out.
We keep running our CHM on the
place where it is now.
When we really see CHM is growing we always
can talk about to move CHM to Facebook.

I like that idea. If things don't work out on the Facebook page, we would still have the main CHM board to fall back on and we would just have to simply delete the facebook page. If it is very successful, then we could always talk about a permenant move then.

On the surface that sounds like a really great idea. The problem is that the other board I saw do this essentially split themselves in half. Only part of the old members would use the new board with most staying at the old board. They eventually had to shut down the old board in an effort to get the rest of the members to move (some were very unhappy about it). I would hate to see something like that happen to CHM.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:54 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Now that the subbing is over for the summer, I am practically here all day! CHM.....on Facebook? 860659

Shame on you, you should be working on that new LnJ song.
If you hold up the release of the next Liberty N Justice album I will personally fly over there and beat you with one of your own bass guitars.
CHM.....on Facebook? Icon_twisted

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:14 pm

You might as well. They are pretty much just decoration and dust catchers for my studio these days.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:17 am

Im not really one to talk, I haven't picked up my electric guitar in over a year. But then Justin isn't knockin on my door to get me to play on one (or two) of his fantastic albums.

PostSubject: Re: CHM.....on Facebook?   CHM.....on Facebook? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHM.....on Facebook?
Page 1 of 1