Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Everyone Loves a Parade

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Everyone Loves a Parade Empty
PostSubject: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:26 pm

Every spring our county hosts the "Daffodil Parade". It is one of the biggest parades in our region. The parade is so in demand that it actually occurs in 4 different cities on the same day (Tacoma, Puyallup, Sumner, & our home town of Orting). We almost always go to our town's main street and watch the parade. We see school marching bands, cheer leaders, fire trucks, princesses, old cars and farm equipment, politicians, horses, grown men dressed as pirates (they are very popular), and lots of floats covered with daffodils. Even though it is not raining, this year we will not be watching the parade.......that is because all of us will be "IN" the parade. My wife and youngest son will join my daughter on the "Miss Pierce County's Outstanding Teen" team, and then my oldest son and I will be marching with his drama/theater group.

So how about you, do you love a parade? Does your town/community have a regular parade every year?

(Here is a picture of the "Seafair Pirates" that terrorize the Daffodil parade every year)

Everyone Loves a Parade 100_1367

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Cool to have a parade there where you live.
We seldom have parades.
The only parade I've ever seen was in Disney Land, a Alladin parade.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Everyone needs an excuse to dress like pirates!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Parades always look like fun to be in. But now that I have actually been in one, I must say that it is more fun to watch them. When you are in the parade you spend a lot of time just waiting for it to be your turn to go.
Everyone Loves a Parade Icon_lol

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:12 am

So what sort of event/occasion is the "Daffodil Parade" for /about?

We have parades here every year but I haven't been to any in years. Those are the Mardi Gras parades. We even have Christmas parades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mardi_Gras

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mardi_Gras_in_Mobile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:53 am

The Daffodil parade is the grand event in the Puyallup River Valley Daffodil Festival. The Puyallup River Valley used to grow tons of hops, for some reason the demand for hops dropped drastically in the 1920's (prohibition?). So the region started growing daffodils instead.

My guess is that they grew too many daffodils to be able to sell all of them successfully and started the festival (and later the parade) to find a way to draw attention to the industry and use up millions of excess daffodils.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:25 am

We have a town parade in August on a Bank Holiday Monday. In the 90's they used to be quite big, then the number of 'floats' dipped and for a while in the early 2000's it was a very small parade. Now things have picked up again and the parades are pretty good.

It's all good fun.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:25 pm

You Brits and your crazy "bank holidays". (just kidding don't send me a smoked kipper in the mail).

Parades are good (at least once or twice a year). If I see them more often than that they kind of just run together.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:28 am

Staybrite wrote:

Parades are good (at least once or twice a year). If I see them more often than that they kind of just run together.

Try to imagine them every day of the week,twice on Saturday,for about a month and then finally about 3 or 4 parades on the last two days each ,Monday and Tuesday. That is Mardi Gras.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:02 pm

And Disneyworld!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:28 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
And Disneyworld!

Really??? Didn't know that,the only parades I am familiar with at Disney are the ones I've seen on TV. The last time I was there ,there weren't any.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:18 pm

That's true Disney holds a parade several times a week doesn't it?

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:33 am

Oh well,the last time I was at Disney was back around '90. Either they started doing parades since then or I just missed them while I was there.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:59 am

They do daily parades at The Magic Kingdom and Disney/MGM at Disneyworld. I don't remember if they do it at Epcot or the Animal Kingdom, though.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:13 pm

We went to The Magic Kingdom one day and Epcot the next and then had to come back. We never made it to Disney/MGM. Everyone Loves a Parade Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Loves a Parade   Everyone Loves a Parade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everyone Loves a Parade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: