Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WinterJam 2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

WinterJam 2010 Empty
PostSubject: WinterJam 2010   WinterJam 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:32 am

I took my youth group to this huge Christian concert that makes it's way across the USA every year. This year, there were acts like Revive, Tenth Avenue North, Sidewalk Prophets, newcomer Robert Pierre, speaker Tony Nolan, and more well known acts such as Newsong (who sponsers and puts together the tour), Fireflight, Newsboys, and Third Day.

I did not get to hear Robert Pierre (never heard of him until this) or Sidewalk Prophets. During their short sets, I was downstairs at the Sommet Center with a special youth pastor meeting. Got some photos of some of the artists that came down to speak to us. I'll try to get them uploaded in the next couple of days.

Revive kicked things off with their high energy worship rock. However, most of the kids did not know these guys and just didn't really respond. Newsong did a lengthy set, and about half the audience seemed to react well. Most of my kids were saying later that they just played too long. (LOL) I just don't care for the band--never could get into them. Fireflight only got to do a short set, but they flat out rocked the house doing some songs from all three of their albums done since being signed a few years ago.

The two biggest crowd pleasers for the night seemed to be Newsboys and Third Day. Newsboys still have a lot of energy, but the older songs just do not have the same passion without Furler on vocals. Michael Tait is good, but not with those old songs. It's time to retire the back catalog. On the new songs, Tait brings the goods and breaths some needed new life into this band. Are there any Aussies left in this band? The new stuff really got the kids pumpin', and their final song they kicked into DC Talk's "Jesus Freak". While this would have been excitement enough, form DC Talker Toby Mac jumped on stage to join Tait & Co. The place went nuts!

Third Day was up last. They kicked off a little late, and this tour runs on a tight schedule. They only got to play about 40 minutes. They focused mostly on songs from "Revelations". They did through a couple of older tunes, but nothing from their first 3 albums. A lot of the kids were singing along and having a good time during their set.

Even though Newsong hosts this concert and Third Day was the headliner, I'd have to say that Fireflight and Newsboys stole this show.

I'm tired this morning, too. Late nights hurt a lot more than they used to.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

WinterJam 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WinterJam 2010   WinterJam 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:12 am

How cool to go with your youthgroup to Winter Jam.
I'm sure the kids liked it there.
Very cool to see Third Day live.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

WinterJam 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WinterJam 2010   WinterJam 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:35 pm

Wow, sounds like a great time. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

WinterJam 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WinterJam 2010   WinterJam 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:13 pm

Yeah, me too, good idea Staybrite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WinterJam 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WinterJam 2010   WinterJam 2010 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WinterJam 2010
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: