Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You mean she's really back?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

You mean she's really back? Empty
PostSubject: You mean she's really back?   You mean she's really back? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:24 am

I saw this listed in the release dates at Jesus Freak Hideout:

<li>May 11
</li><li>Jennifer Knapp Letting Go [Graylin/RED/Thirty Tigers]
</li>

I really liked her first two albums. The third one seemed very forced to me. After the release of her 3rd, Knapp just seemed to drop off the face of the earth. Her website shut down as did her MySpace. It seemed like she had just quit the biz.

But, now it seems that she has a new project coming out this year. Talk about unexpected! I'll be listening for samples. Hopefully, she'll be able to pick up momentum with her music again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: You mean she's really back?   You mean she's really back? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:33 am

I really liked Jennifer Knapp's music, too. Like you, I had been wondering what caused her to drop out of sight. It is good to hear that she's making a reappearance, and I'll be snooping around for samples as well.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: You mean she's really back?   You mean she's really back? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:38 pm

I have a friend who said she (Jennifer) seemed to get a lot of flack from the Christian music press. Something about here not being "girly" enough and fitting in with the alternative female "only" kind of music camp. She was under the impression that the insinuations kind of disgusted Jennifer.......
Not sure if any of that is true, I think it was all just speculation anyway.

I would definately like to hear something new from her. I like several tracks from all three of her studio albums

PostSubject: Re: You mean she's really back?   You mean she's really back? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 9:32 pm

[/quote]I would definately like to hear something new from her. I like several tracks from all three of her studio albums[/quote]

Me, too. But I think 'Undo Me' is my all-time favorite Jennifer Knapp tune.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: You mean she's really back?   You mean she's really back? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:52 pm

"Undo Me" is an awesome song. I'm gonna add her music to my Zune.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: You mean she's really back?   You mean she's really back? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:31 pm

What is it with long-lost artists suddenly making a comeback?

A while back, Dakota Motor Co. announced that they were back on the scene, and I also recently found out that The Waiting is working on new material (anyone remember them?).
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: You mean she's really back?   You mean she's really back? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Oldiesmann wrote:
A while back, Dakota Motor Co. announced that they were back on the scene, and I also recently found out that The Waiting is working on new material (anyone remember them?).

Really!?! I hadn't heard that. That's pretty awesome news!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: You mean she's really back?   You mean she's really back? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:23 pm

joe61 wrote:
Quote :
I would definately like to hear something new from her. I like several tracks from all three of her studio albums

Me, too. But I think 'Undo Me' is my all-time favorite Jennifer Knapp tune.

"Undo Me" is a fantastic song (and certainly one of my favorites) but if I had to pick one song only from Jennifer it would probably be "The Way I Am".

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: You mean she's really back?   You mean she's really back? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:41 am

silentthunder89 wrote:
Oldiesmann wrote:

Really!?! I hadn't heard that. That's pretty awesome news!

I must have been late to the news. The announcement actually came back in 2007 - see http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/interviews/DakodaMotorCo2007.asp for more info.

Not sure what the status of things is now - their website is gone again (apparently someone forgot to renew the domain name), and there hasn't been any update on their MySpace page since the announcement about their comeback.
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
elsid

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: You mean she's really back?   You mean she's really back? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:07 am

She is playing here this weekend, I do believe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You mean she's really back?   You mean she's really back? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You mean she's really back?
Page 1 of 1