Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Versus - Stuff That Matters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
icon_red

icon_red

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Versus - Stuff That Matters Empty
PostSubject: Versus - Stuff That Matters   Versus - Stuff That Matters I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:22 pm

Today I was looking around for any old bands I might have overlooked in my youth, I came across Versus. I actually saw them perform at Agape 1994 in Greenville, MO(?) when I was 16. So I decided to give them a shot. When I went to find the cd I found a few but the price on this site blew my mind!!! ( i just bought one elsewhere for 7 bucks)

http://www.amazon.com/Stuff-That-Matters-Versus/dp/B001FZIYGG
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Versus - Stuff That Matters   Versus - Stuff That Matters I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:54 am

Yeah, the person holding this at ransom, I mean selling through Amazon, must not know that this is not a highly sought after CD in the CCM world. I've seen it in bargain bins for years but never even bothered to check it out.

What style is it? Anyplace to hear some of it? My Google search was almost fruitless.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
icon_red

icon_red

PostSubject: Re: Versus - Stuff That Matters   Versus - Stuff That Matters I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:31 am

It's not very good actually. The band was much better live. The sound is early 90's rock and soul. I remember the guitarist totally shredding out at Agape. This is 1993 Starsong pop rock.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Versus - Stuff That Matters   Versus - Stuff That Matters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:07 am

Do you happen to know if it is the same band that released Versus – One

Back to top Go down
icon_red

icon_red

PostSubject: Re: Versus - Stuff That Matters   Versus - Stuff That Matters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:42 pm

From their old myspace page: April 1986: Mike and Bob say, "let's play some music that grooves. June 1986: Tom joins the band then Jack joins the band, does one gig and decides he wants to go solo. It's just Bob, Tom and Mike again. Fall 1986: Owen joins after graduating from U of O. 1987: Christian joins right out of high school. 1989: "One" is released. 1990 Reunion Records and Starsong records are interested in Versus. 1991: Begin recording "Funny Hat", it's only a demo. 1992: Versus wins contest and ends up with Starsong records. 1993: Record "Stuff that Matters" in Minneapolis with Tedd T. 1994: Move to Nashville. 1995: marks the end. Perhaps a reunion concert one of these days
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Versus - Stuff That Matters   Versus - Stuff That Matters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Thanks for info. I was curious if all of these releases were from the same band. Thanks for confirming that. I wonder if they were considered a 'Christian band'?
Back to top Go down
icon_red

icon_red

PostSubject: Re: Versus - Stuff That Matters   Versus - Stuff That Matters I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:20 am

Yeah they were. They were on a Christian label and played Christian shows (Agape and some other fests...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Versus - Stuff That Matters   Versus - Stuff That Matters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Versus - Stuff That Matters
Page 1 of 1