Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Songs that touched your heart.

Go down 
+6
elsid
MetalFRO
silentthunder89
Fundy
Staybrite
rockerVu2
10 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Songs that touched your heart. Empty
PostSubject: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:51 am

Sometimes you listen to a song and then it seems if this song is written specially for you.
It's exact how you feel or what your circumstances are.

Do you have song that touched your heart?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:49 pm

Hmmm, I know there has to be a few, but nothing seems to come to mind right now.
Songs that touched your heart. Icon_scratch

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Disciple "I Just Know". Awesome song, and makes me think about being more loving and not judgmental!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:42 pm

"The Dark Hills" By Day of Fire (off the new album) really hit the spot with me.

"They say Jesus walked the Dark Hills, he broke bread with beggars and thieves. If I cry out in this darkness, if I fall down on my knees. When he walks the dark hills, the Lord will come for me."

Also, the song "You" by an R&B group called 21:03 gets me really excited for God too! Songs that touched your heart. Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:49 am

A whole lot of songs that Glenn Kaiser wrote. Songs that touched your heart. Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:21 am

Bloodgood's "She's Gone" helped me get through the death of my grandmother when I was in Jr. High. Really touched me at that point, and helped me deal w/ the pain of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
elsid

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:05 pm

"Am I Ever Gonna Change" -- Extreme
"Blown Wide Open" -- Big Wreck (not really Christian song)
"Unglued" -- Fair
"Closer to Free" -- Podunk (not really Christian band, but song has Christian theme)
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Songs that touched my heart?

Honestly from Stryper touched my heart when I imagined God was speaking the words of the song to me.

Other songs that touched my heart are "Sea Of Dispair" "Are You Listening" of Mission Of One.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:18 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
Bloodgood's "She's Gone" helped me get through the death of my grandmother when I was in Jr. High. Really touched me at that point, and helped me deal w/ the pain of it.

Fantastic song, you helped me finally remeber a song that really touched me (also by Bloodgood) "What Have I Done"

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:00 am

No One Else Knows- Building 429. Absolutely love that song. It tells me that I'm never alone.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:09 am

elsid wrote:

YES! I LOVE that CD. And yes, that song is very "affecting".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:06 pm

One song for me was "Praise You in the Storm". Shortly after my diagnosis of Cancer we were leaving the hospital after a consultation as to what was going to happen. I of course was just wondering what was going on and how could this happen?. As we were leaving my dad turned on the christian radio station and at that moment that song was playing. It's just a simple reminder that no matter how many storms happen in our life or obstacles happen we need to continue to praise the God "who gives and takes away"

Also Disciples "After the World" for it's simple message and reminder
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Just a couple of resent ones:

"Things Left Unsaid" - Disciple. If you've ever had to watch someone you love slowly dying while being on a ventilator, I don't see how this song could not affect you.

"Monster" - Skillet. I was having some anger issues during the first time that my dad was in the hospital in August, Sept., and October of last year. I won't go into all the details of that anger. However, this song really helped me express that and function without allowing hatred to set up. God really does send things to help you deal with life issues instead of them becoming roots of bitterness!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
elsid

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:37 pm

I would also have to say "Magnificent" by U2. The words of that song touched me, and I was able to share them with a very good friend (and big U2 fan) the day after his father passed. It really helped him and his mother.
Back to top Go down
Bsax

Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:05 pm

elsid wrote:
I would also have to say "Magnificent" by U2. The words of that song touched me, and I was able to share them with a very good friend (and big U2 fan) the day after his father passed. It really helped him and his mother.

That's intense, U2 has some really powerful lyrics. I feel the same about their song "Gloria".

For me also "The Stand" by Hillsong united is really powerful whenever I'm going through a trial of any kind as is "Hurt" by Thousand Foot Krutch
Back to top Go down
elsid

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:13 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
elsid wrote:

YES! I LOVE that CD. And yes, that song is very "affecting".

Both of their cd's are great. Forgot to respond to you earlier, and I was listening to that cd in the car on the way to work this morning.

That particular song helped me through some tough times after my wedding was called off two hours before it was to happen (originally). It put into words what I was feeling from my wife's family. Basically, taking that song to heart, being "blown wide open", helped me focus more on what God wanted. We ended up eloping 3 months later. The words in that song really hit me where I lived (no Petra correlation - per se) and helped my focus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:58 am

alldatndensum wrote:
"Things Left Unsaid" - Disciple. If you've ever had to watch someone you love slowly dying while being on a ventilator, I don't see how this song could not affect you.

That song was a great help and comfort to my son following the death of my father. They were very close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:01 am

Bsax wrote:
That's intense, U2 has some really powerful lyrics. I feel the same about their song "Gloria".

Wow... Very cool. Gloria is a great song. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who still remembers that one (and you'll outlast me, too...) Songs that touched your heart. Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:02 am

Quote :
"Things Left Unsaid" - Disciple. If you've ever had to watch someone
you love slowly dying while being on a ventilator, I don't see how this
song could not affect you.

That song touched me deep.
It reminds me to the day my dad past away.
Yes, I exactly know what you mean with these words.
This song affected me deep and Diciple played that song live in December 2008.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs that touched your heart.   Songs that touched your heart. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs that touched your heart.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: