Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? Empty
PostSubject: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:40 pm

You can check out their preview EP streaming from their facebook (you don't have to actually have a facebook to hear it). This is the first material Newsboys has actually written with Michael Tait as vocalist. It sounds WAY different than the newest Newsboys album. It's a lot more rockin' with a little hip hop flair thrown in. Think TobyMac's Portable Sounds with a little less pop and a little more guitar.

Newsboys
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:24 am

I'll check this out as I am curious. However, I am not expecting to fall in love with it. Unless they really impress me, I still think that they should have called it quits when Furler retired from the band.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:20 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I'll check this out as I am curious. However, I am not expecting to fall in love with it. Unless they really impress me, I still think that they should have called it quits when Furler retired from the band.

I agree, or I wish they would have at least changed the name because now everyone's going to be comparing them to the Newsboys we all know and love when they just don't sound the same. If looked at as independent from the original Newsboys, I still think this stuff sounds quite good in itself.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:38 pm

How about we call them Taitboys? lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:51 am

I'm listening to the streams right now. Sounds pretty good, but it reminds me more of DC Talk than Newboys. But, not bad at all.

Back to top Go down
Bsax

Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:51 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I agree, or I wish they would have at least changed the name because now everyone's going to be comparing them to the Newsboys we all know and love when they just don't sound the same. If looked at as independent from the original Newsboys, I still think this stuff sounds quite good in itself.

I think the comparision is good. To me they're totally still giving off a lot of the "old newsboys" thing, and I think it will be good for them to keep the old name so that they can easily hold on to some of their old fan base. Different in ways for sure but based on this song I think I could like them now just as much as I always have. I'm really hearing the DC Talk in them a lot too, kind of diggin it Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:31 pm

Listening to the title track right now and I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't expect to like this at all, but it is much better than I expected.

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Ok, they totally lost me on the "Light It Up" track (this song does sound like DC Talk)

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:17 am

Yeah I liked the title track, "I'll Be" and "On Your Knees". I would definitley need to hear more to make a decision weather I'm on board. If not those are at least 3 good songs to put on the mp3 player
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:56 am

I played the song 'Born Again" this morning for my wife and she thought that DC Talk had released a new song. She thought that the only song that really sounded like Newsboys was the remake of Glorious
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:22 pm

You can check out the music video for Born Again here:

Born Again

While being a music video, it's also an advertisement for the missions project they're starting called Homes for Baja. They're taking anyone who wants to go to Tijuana, Mexico to help build homes for the people who live there.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:26 pm

ChosenOne wrote:
I played the song 'Born Again" this morning for my
wife and she thought that DC Talk had released a new song. She thought
that the only song that really sounded like Newsboys was the remake of
Glorious

Actually, I think the version of Glorious they had on their page might be the original version with Furler doing vocals. So that might be the reason it sounds like Newsboys lol
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:12 pm

Umm, it says on the song with Michael Tait. I know they redid the song with Tait to kind of give fans a sneak peek. Either way, I do think this is going to go in the more Dc Talk direction. Probably more along the lines of Supernatural.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 4:13 pm

I sure hope so, next to Jesus Freak that was my favorite album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???   Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curious what the New Newsboys sounds like???
Page 1 of 1