Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bands with females.

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
7 posters

Your favorite bands with females.
Armor Of God
Bands with females. I_vote_lcap0%Bands with females. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Barlowgirl
Bands with females. I_vote_lcap11%Bands with females. I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Gretchen
 11% [ 1 ]
Rachel Rachel
Bands with females. I_vote_lcap22%Bands with females. I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Ransom
Bands with females. I_vote_lcap44%Bands with females. I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Scarlet Red.
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Bands with females. Empty
PostSubject: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:47 am

Here's an other poll.
When you don't like it feel free to delete it.
This time what's your favorite band with one or more females in it?
I am aware of the fact not all your favorites bands are in this poll.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:15 am

Although musically I liked Ransom the best on this list, I'm voting for Barlow Girl. I love their very tight harmonies, and I love how they really encourage sexual purity both on and off stage. They are talented enough (and pretty enough) to be in a secular band being sluts on stage just to make a $$$. But, even though they are young (the youngest is now 19), they have chosen to honor God with their lives AND their art. You don't see this kind of dedication to a vision and to personal beliefs in Christ in young people much these days.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 2:43 pm

From this list I picked Ransom, but I have only ever heard one Scarlet Red song (still hunting or that one).
I do like Gretchen and Rachel Rachel as well, and I can even tolerate some Barlow Girl when my daughter plays one of their discs.

I like girls with guitars. Unlike a lot of the boys nowadays, they tend to actual sing.

--

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 12:24 pm

Ransom is the only one I really like from that list.
This is yet another area that I would like to see the Christian metal scene get a few good bands in. I am a HUGE fan of female fronted metal and I like bands like Nightwish, Within Temptation, Xandria, Delain, Epica, Sirenia, Leave's Eyes, Visions of Atlantis, and many more but so far there is no Christian equivalent. This is a genre that has been around and growing for over a decade yet for some reason no Christian band has really did anything in this genre. The closest we have come was Random Eyes and now they don't even have their female lead anymore.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 2:24 pm

rageofcreation wrote:
The closest we have come was Random Eyes and now they don't even have their female lead anymore.

Which is truly sad. I probably would have been an even bigger fan of Random Eyes, if it had just been her singing all the leads.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 9:32 pm

Rachel rachel was the first all female Christian rock band I heard back in 91... saw their video for "carry on wayward son" and loved them ! Only in recent years have I learned about other female rock bands and today I have albums by all those mentioned in the poll. Great stuff, there should be more female rockl/metal bands
Back to top Go down
rageofcr

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 1:37 am

Staybrite wrote:
rageofcreation wrote:
The closest we have come was Random Eyes and now they don't even have their female lead anymore.

Which is truly sad. I probably would have been an even bigger fan of Random Eyes, if it had just been her singing all the leads.
To his credit I must say that their other singer has improved quite a bit from the first album. They are supposed to have a new disc out this year.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 2:12 pm

rageofcreation wrote:
To his credit I must say that their other singer has improved quite a bit from the first album. They are supposed to have a new disc out this year.

I didn't have anything against the guy singer, I just liked her better.
I will probably get the album even if she isn't on it.
If she isn't going to be on the new album, then what are they going to do with those old demo songs they posted a year or so ago with her singing?

--

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 3:58 pm

Staybrite wrote:
rageofcreation wrote:

I didn't have anything against the guy singer, I just liked her better.
I will probably get the album even if she isn't on it.
If she isn't going to be on the new album, then what are they going to do with those old demo songs they posted a year or so ago with her singing?

--
They have 4 songs on their MySpace page with only the guy singing. I don't know if any are the old demos though.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 7:23 am

I voted for Rachel Rachel. They were awesome. I always liked Whiteheart, and RR was essentially a female Whiteheart. But their songs were terrific. Their song "I Will Stand By You" brings tears to my eyes.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 5:30 pm

I voted for Ransom, but I also love RR, especially their cover of "Carry On".

I have just started to listen to Barlow Girl, and it does appear that their testimony is pretty solid - Supechick has a song "Barlow Girl".

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Barlow-Girls-lyrics-Superchick/AF1C3E0ED37A6A3248256D2D0024D4D7
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 7:30 pm

LateFortheParty wrote:
I voted for Ransom, but I also love RR, especially their cover of "Carry On".

Yep that is a fantastic song.

Cool avatar, kinda looks like a cross between Spiderman and Skeletor.
Thats gotta be some kinda copyright infringement.

lol!

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:03 pm

Quote :
Cool avatar, kinda looks like a cross between Spiderman and Skeletor.
Thats gotta be some kinda copyright infringement.

Yes, Half Bug, Half Skeleton. LOL.

That is my youngest with a combo of a couple of Halloween costumes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 11:31 pm

Ransom, pretty handily.....
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 8:44 pm

Speaking of Bands with females, just saw Live Free Or Die Hard and Flyleaf has a song on the soundtrack, "I'm So Sick" and the video is playing on a tv in the background of a scene early in the movie. I thought it was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 4:48 am

Gretchen and Ransom off of that list, with Gretchen being my favorite of the two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands with females.   Bands with females. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands with females.
Page 1 of 1