Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good Christian radio stations.

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Good Christian radio stations. Empty
PostSubject: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:39 am

Listened to Tri Rock radio a couple of time, but was dissapointed about the playlist.
A lot of bands I've never heard of. And some secular bands too.
What is a good online Christian radio station to listen too?
One with good Christian bands with bold lyrics.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:17 am

Tri-Rock is ok, but I don't really like the addition of "clean secular" bands. I haven't listened to them since they changed.

As far as online stations go, that was the last one I liked a lot.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 9:00 am

I thought they always had clean secular bands such as Norm likes. When did they change?

I think wmhdradio.org is pretty cool (on Sunday nights at least). Wink

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 9:04 am

They had a few that their lyrics could be considered a Christian message light. But, a few months back, they started adding more clean secular artists so that they could draw people in to hear the bands with a Christian message. Personally, I don't care for the change, but it isn't my station. If it works, then more power to them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 2:07 pm

Quote :
wmhdradio.org
ROCKSALT !
"HARD MUSIC THAT'S GOOD FOR YOUR SOUL !!"

If anyone here ain't heard the show... you're missin' out
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 7:47 am

Tri Rock isn't my station anymore.
I don't like it to think each time I listen to a song if it's Christian or only a clean secular band.
I like to listen to Christian bands.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 8:01 am

The WMHD show at Sunday night is a cool show.
There I don't have to wonder if the bands are christian bands.
They are.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 9:34 pm

Quote :
I don't like it to think each time I listen to a song if it's Christian or only a clean secular band.
I like to listen to Christian bands

I agree 100% !
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 9:56 pm

I have been looking for a replacement for Tri-Rock ever-since "the change" (lol). I have 4 Classic Rock and Post-classic rock stations that I can listen to 24-7, why would I need to turn on my computer, if I want to listen to that?

I have tried Reign Radio and The Refinery Rock Radio, but, mostly I listen to the artists that I have downloaded (artist that I heard first from Tri-Rock). Guess they spoiled me.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 2:52 pm

LateFortheParty wrote:
I have been looking for a replacement for Tri-Rock ever-since "the change" (lol). I have 4 Classic Rock and Post-classic rock stations that I can listen to 24-7, why would I need to turn on my computer, if I want to listen to that?

I agree completely. I wish TriRock all the best, but if I just want to listen to secular rock all I have to do is turn on the radio. I won't be listening to them anymore.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:29 pm

For modern rock, you can go to Christianrock.net. They have a station that streams 24-7.

Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:56 pm

Quote :
For modern rock, you can go to Christianrock.net. They have a station that streams 24-7.

I used to go there ALL the time, but, it has been difficult to listen since they changed their format .....don't know why my computer can't connect now.

But, I used to listen to them alot.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:46 am

Tri-rock sent out a newsletter, which perhaps many of you got. In their history section, they said,
Quote :
April 2007 saw the launching of the new Tri Rock Radio Internet Station now located at its own domain: http://www.trirockradio.com .

With the new domain and website came an updated and improved music format. Where the original Tri Rock played mostly Christian rock music, the new Tri Rock now plays a wide variety of Rock/Metal music that spans four decades and encompasses all genres of Rock music. With one big distinction: The songs played have been carefully chosen to avoid songs that reflect a destructive lifestyle.

I replied back to Steve with what I hope was a fair representation of the truth:
Quote :
I hope that change gained more new listeners than it lost that may at some point hear the gospel message in the Christian songs. FYI, I know everybody on my favorite forum that did have Tri-Rock as their favorite station no longer listen to it after that change.
If you wish to voice your opinion, email steve-at-trirockradio-dot-com

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:12 am

I replied back to Steve too.
Your reply was good Michael.
You can't choose for God or for the world.
If you have chozen for God, then show this choice to play Christian music.
That's what I have told Steve.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 10:12 pm

I got my email, and didn't even think to reply Wink . Really, I didn't. I still haven't put it together, what I want to say.

I wish them well, but, MAN, I don't "get it".

All I can say is that they used to play TONS of COOL music, and now, they play a little cool music, and stuff that anyone can find on the fm in their town, they don't need the web to find what they are playing now.

I don't understand how that is "intelligent". Suspect
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 8:18 am

They're hoping if they play the familiar the people will be changed by the Christian music also. I don't know why someone would START listening to them though for that format.

topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:51 pm

I received this reply from Steve:
Quote :
FYI - Our listenrship is going up.

Change is hard for many people especially when it comes to Music. There are
a number of 100% Christian Rock stations on the Web - we support them.
There is also AIR1 that has Rock.

We have a very good understanding of what and why we are doing what we are
doing.

Israel couldn't accept the "New" teachings of Jesus and they killed Him.
Jesus said you can't place New Wine into Old wine skins - because the
fermentation process would blow out the old wine skins - they are too tight
and to constrictive.

Well that is what we are doing, we are creating "new wine skins" for the
"new wine". We are going to do things that some will not "get" because they
like the way things were.

I am sure that many people hated Salem Network for taking a number of their
stations and converting them into political/conservative talk shows. They
offer a slew of Non Christian personalities check out Salem Radio Network.
Why? because they are a business not just a ministry. They reach millions
of Non believers daily and they get to sneak in various Christian messages
between their normal programming.

Enough said,
Blessings,

Steve Johann
Chief Marketing Officer
Tri Rock Radio
to which I replied
Quote :
I understand the theory of why you changed, but it doesn't make much
sense. I'm glad your listenership is up, but I doubt that is why.
There's no reason for a rock fan to listen to Tri-Rock when there's a
plethora of FM and online stations already playing that format.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 8:13 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
I received this reply from Steve:
Quote :
FYI - Our listenrship is going up.

Israel couldn't accept the "New" teachings of Jesus and they killed Him.
Jesus said you can't place New Wine into Old wine skins - because the
fermentation process would blow out the old wine skins - they are too tight and to constrictive.

Well that is what we are doing, we are creating "new wine skins" for the
"new wine". We are going to do things that some will not "get" because they like the way things were.

I too am glad their listenership is up, but this application to scripture is flawed. They are not presenting the new teachings of Christ to the Hebrews. They are allowing the message of the world to mix with the message of the gospel. I am not saying that there is anything necessarily wrong with what they are doing, but his scriptural correlation is not accurate.

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:39 pm

I don't know if I really believe that their listenership is up. Google them and you get this: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=HPIC,HPIC:2005-34,HPIC:en&q=tri+rock+radio

Click that, and you get this: http://www.google.com/interstitial?url=http://trirockradio.com/home.htm

Are people really going through that??

For some reason the use of those scriptures, in this context, reminds me of the Steve Taylor song: "I Blew Up The Clinic Real Good". Smile

But, frankly, if people do come to Christ, GREAT!!!

I said it earlier, I am spoiled, and they are saying it, there are other options on the web. I just liked Tri-Rock better than Reign and The Refinery and ChristianRock.net. If it hadn't been my Favorite station, I wouldn't even care.

I probably just need to shut my pie-hole and pray for them and their listeners. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 3:10 pm

LateFortheParty wrote:

I probably just need to shut my pie-hole and pray for them and their listeners. Embarassed

Ok, but what fun would that be?
lol!

PostSubject: Re: Good Christian radio stations.   Good Christian radio stations. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Christian radio stations.
Page 1 of 1