Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You favorite Bride?

Go down 
+6
Staybrite
dale434445
Fundy
Ahlitah
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

You favorite Bride? Empty
PostSubject: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:00 am

Now we have a several thread of Bride I thought I can post one more.
What is or are your favorite Bride CDs?

Bride have had many different drummers, bass players.
Are there CDs you like special because the drummer is so good or they have a extraordinary bass player?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:06 pm

My favorite Bride disc has always been "Snakes In The Playground". It had that dirty sound that bands like Motley Crue and Skid Row had that I absolutely loved before getting into Christian music.

Musically, I think that "Scarecrow Messiah" was a little less polished, but overall was the "Snakes Part. 2" that people have always hoped for. We've already had it. And, when you look at the feel of the music and lyrical direction, "Skin For Skin" is right there with those two releases. It has grown on me with time and comes in a VERY close 3rd place.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Snakes, Drop, Oddities, and Kinetic Faith
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:19 pm

Rather than rate them in 1 - 14 (or whatever) I'll just rate them in great, good, ok, average, poor and awful.

GREAT
Silence Is Madness, Live To Die, Show No Mercy, Snakes In The Playground, Skin For Skin, Oddities, Scarecrow Messiah

GOOD
Kinetic Faith, This Is It

OK
Drop, Fistful Of Bees

POOR
The Jesus Experience

AWFUL
None

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:02 pm

1. Snakes by a wide margin. Snakes is one the best hard rock albums ever made.

2. Silence Is Madness

3. Kinetic Faith
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:41 pm

Snakes In The Playground"" is my all time favorite Bride CD.
Man, what a vet gave CD is that.

"Scaregrow Messiah" is a CD I like to and I always like "Fist Full Of Bees "too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:14 am

The only two I have are Kinetic Faith and Snakes. But I've never owned Scarecrow Messiah, maybe I need to give it a try.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:46 am

Staybrite wrote:
The only two I have are Kinetic Faith and Snakes. But I've never owned Scarecrow Messiah, maybe I need to give it a try.

Just let me know, and I can send you a ZIP file of the MP3s. Then, you can either burn your own CD or just have the songs until you find an original copy. I need to send some Bride to another friend as well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 3:14 am

Staybrite, you should take alldat up on his offer. Many people have cried out "Make a Snakes 2", but I think that Scarecrow Messiah IS Snakes 2. Whilst it's not as good, it still is a great album and underrated (mainly because of the reputation it had to live up to!)

Beast, Scarecrow, Murder and Time are awesome tracks.

Sings - "The devils head is along the hiiiiiiiiiighwayyyyyyyyyyyyy"

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:38 am

You'd love the other Bride Gary.

I think on CHM are a several Bride fans.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Ok, I have actually owned every Bride album except "Scarecrow Messiah" and the last 3 they recorded (Skin, This is it, Tsar). Alldat if your already gonna rip the Scarcrow tracks and zip them I would certainly give them a listen.

I really didn't care too much for their alternative stuff and I traded away my copy of Oddities, Drop & the Jesus Exp. But I found that I still had a "Best of" album under a stack of stuff and it had 3 songs from "Oddities". I listened to it again and I gotta confess those "Oddities" songs were much, much better than I remember. I think I'm probably gonna have to track down a copy of "Oddities" and give it another try too.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:11 pm

I just remembered I did actually own Scarecrow Messiah (well kind of).

I was traveling several years ago and found it for $4 in a used store. I snatched it up, and several hours later when I got home I plugged it into my cd player. Something was seriously wrong with the disc because almost all you could hear was this terrible "white noise" kind of sound with the music playing faintly underneath. I tried every track (and 3 other cd players) but the whole disc was like that.

I would have taken it back, the store was so far away I would have used more than $4 worth of gas just to get there and back.

Kinda of funny. You favorite Bride? Icon_lol

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:38 pm

Oddities is Brides most underrated album in my opinion. The lyrics are probably their best ever for any record, and whilst the album is a bit too modern for my liking style wise, it still packs a punch.

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Quote :
Alldat if your already gonna rip the Scarcrow tracks and zip them I would certainly give them a listen.

Just make sure I have your current email address. The songs are already on the computer where I put them on my Zune.

Back to top Go down
icon_red

icon_red

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:35 pm

This Is It is my fave...it used to be a tie between Snakes, Scarecrow and The Jesus Experience but no longer...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 11:03 pm

My favorite has always been a tie between Snakes and Live To Die. I love the sound of both of them, and while the raw metal power of Live To Die is probably my favorite sound, Snakes is the more polished record. Love 'em both. Can't choose between them.

I like all of Bride's albums up until This Is It, which I own, but never play. Never bothered with Skin For Skin and won't be getting TB either.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:29 am

Bride doesn't have really bad albums, albeit I love the other more than an other.
I can't come into earlier Bride CDs.
Since they released "Snakes In The Playground" I'm a Bride fan.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:45 am

#1 - Live To Die

This is easy. Those first three albums remain my favorite Bride albums. I like Kinetic Faith, Snakes and Scarecrow. Snakes does not even crack my top 5 though. The production was flawless, but few of the songs on that album stick with me after I listen to it. Its overrated IMO.

My top 5:

1. Live To Die
2. Silence Is Madness
3. Show No Mercy
4. Oddities - agree with Fundy - this album has Bride's best lyrics ever
5. Kinetic Faith
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Quote :
The production was flawless, but few of the songs on that album stick with me after I listen to it. Its overrated IMO.

I love reading about everyone else's musical tastes. For me, the songs on "Snakes..." stuck with me very much. It is one of the few albums that I can play all the songs on bass or guitar (minus leads, of course).

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:59 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Just make sure I have your current email address. The songs are already on the computer where I put them on my Zune.

I haven't changed my e-mail address in over 10 years, so you gotta have it.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:08 pm

Gonna send the files in a minute. Some classic Bride for Staybrite and Vonnie on the way today! Might be a couple of surprises, too.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 2:32 pm

Yeppers, new music and maybe some surprises.
I love that.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 2:47 pm

It's taking a bit longer to upload than I thought. This could be a while. Gary's file is only at 76%, and it's been running well over an hour on the upload.

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:40 pm

I would probably go "Snakes" 1 and "Kinetic Faith" 2. The only album I can't get into is "fist full of bees" mainly because of all the rapping. But I am a Bride fan so it will stay in the collection. "Drop" was really good, I still listened to it from time to time plus ya gotta hand it to a band that would title a song 'Jesus Cameback via the back of a pawn shop". I must say on Oddities I think the best song is "If I Told You It Was the End of The World'. Lookling forward to the new Bride. I wish they would've taken a more modern rock sound like recent Disciple but he, it's still Bride
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:46 pm

My favorite Bride albums are (order of preference):
Snakes
Live to die
Kinetic faith
Silence is madness
Skin

All the others were heard but are not really my kind.
I covered a Bride tune in 98 on cd wich was pretty accepted by the audience (Acoustic) It started with some "Enter Sandman" and went over a self written Tqt-remembering tune into Psychedelic Superjesus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You favorite Bride?   You favorite Bride? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You favorite Bride?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next