Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

David Zaffiro

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
dale434445
Dreams
Staybrite
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 2:26 pm

I noticed that Dale just picked up his "The Other Side" album. I also own this album (on cassette) and was actually listening to it the other day. It is actually much better than I remember it.

Any fans of Zaffiro's solo stuff? What do his other albums sound like?

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:44 pm

I like Zaffiro's guitar work and voice. Some of his songs are kind of cheesy and some are pretty good stuff. I think I have three of his CDs.

In A Scarlet Storm is similar to his first solo release. I didn't like Surrender Absolute much at all...it was too pop rock/rock mix for my taste. I haven't heard Yesterday's Left Behind yet.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 5:20 pm

I have read that each release is softer than the last.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:12 am

It is true. He lost his edge from Bloodgood rather quickly. I don't have any of his albums. His guitar work was great, but I did not care for his voice that much. His songs just never really clicked with me.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Static Fuse

Static Fuse

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-18

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:59 pm

I like it because it's really, really emotionally driven. Great stuff for a rainy day.

The Bloodgood song "The Presence" from the Rock In A Hard Place album sounds a lot like the stuff on his solo albums.

And, I totally agree that it's not edgy...but the song "I See Red" could have been on a Bloodgood album, and is a GREAT song!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:22 pm

Static Fuse wrote:

And, I totally agree that it's not edgy...but the song "I See Red" could have been on a Bloodgood album, and is a GREAT song!

I agree!
Didn't Les actually sing on that song? If I'm not mistaken Les is listed as a "guest vocalist" on the album.

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:20 pm

I got "The other side" on vinyl and all the others on cd. Has anyone "The other side" on cd for me?
The other side - good rock album with some good hooks.

Scarlet storms - typical drum programming but good though. "He's lying to ya" is my personal favorite

Surrender absolute - very soft and my favorites of this album are the instrumentals

Yesterday left behind - best solo album of David. I like each song on this one
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:17 am

Yesterday's Left Behind is the only one I have. A great album that I recommend simply for the Steven Patrick song on it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:09 am

Hey 7th long time no see.

I didn't know that Steven Patrick sang on any of Zaffiro's solo stuff, gonna have to track that song/album down.
David Zaffiro 676823

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:46 pm

I wish DZ would release his stuff on iTunes. I'd snatch em up in a heartbeat. Smile
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:42 am

Need help on getting them as mp3s?
Back to top Go down

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:38 am

Thanks for the offer, but the tapes are pretty old and worn-out. I believe their quality has been compromised. Sad
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:39 am

I've not listened to his solo stuff in along time. As memory serves me his first solo release was his best.

He's a great guitar player that is often overlooked I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
777rocker

777rocker

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:04 am

Hey DM, I could send you mp3, I mean, I got all DZ cds except for the first one (only on vinyl)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

David Zaffiro Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Zaffiro   David Zaffiro I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Zaffiro
Page 1 of 1