Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail Empty
PostSubject: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:03 am

Quote :
HEY GUYS! WELL WE FREAKIN' DID IT. WE SIGNED A DEAL WITH TOOTH AND
NAIL. ITS SO CRAZY TO SAY THAT BECAUSE ITS BEEN ALL OF OUR DREAMS TO
BE ON A LABEL FOR SO LONG AND ITS NOT ANY LABEL, WE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE
ON TOOTH AND NAIL. JUST BECAUSE A LOT OF THE BANDS THAT INFLUENCE
US AND WE LOOK UP TO ARE ON T&N AND WE JUST LOOK UP TO THE LABEL
ITS SELF. WE ARE SO STOKED TO HAVE THIS OPPORTUNITY THAT GOD HAS GIVEN
US. ITS TRUELY A DREAM COME TRUE. WE ARE MORE THAN HAPPY WITH
EVERYONE AT T&N. EVERYONE IS SO NICE AND AWESOME. ITS DEFNINTELY
A PRIVLEGE TO BE IN THE T&N FAMILY NOW.

FOR YOU GUYS WHO DO
NOT KNOW. WE JUST RECENTLY GOT BACK FROM SEATTLE, WA. WE WERE THERE
FOR 35 DAYS RECORDING OUR BRAND NEW FULL LENGTH ALBUM. AARON SPRINKLE,
WHO IS A FREAKIN' GENIUS BTW, PRODUCED IT AND MATT CARTER, GUITARIST OF
THE BAND EMERY, ENGINEERED THE RECORD. IT WAS SO AWESOME TO BE LOCKED
UP IN THE STUDIO WITH THESE TWO GUYS. THEY KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT MUSIC
AND THEY REALLY CARE ABOUT THEIR PROJECTS. THAT COMPLETELY WRAP
THEMSELVES UP IN WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND REALLY CARE ABOUT MAKING THE
RECORD AS GOOD AS POSSIBLE. IT WAS DEFINITELY A PLEASURE METTING AND
WORKING WITH THOSE GUYS.

BUT YES WE ARE FINISHED RECORDING OUR
NEW RECORD, THERE IS STILL NO SET RELEASE DATE ON IT YET BUT WE SHOULD
KNOW SOMETHING WITH IN THIS NEXT MONTH, ITS THE VERY EARLY STAGES OF A
NEW RECORD SO WE WILL GIVE YOU INFORMATION AS WE GET IT. SO LOOK OUT
FOR THAT.

WE WILL BE HITTING THE ROAD HARD HERE IN THE NEXT
MONTHS TO COME. HOPEFULLY HOPPING ON SOME BIGGER AND BETTER TOURS TO
HELP GET OUR NAME OUT THERE AND SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT SENT BY RAVENS.
ALSO THE VIDEO WE SHOT FOR TRAILER VS TORNADO WILL BE ADDED TO OUR NEW
PAGE PROBABLY MONDAY IN IT ENTIRETY. SO BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR THAT.

ANYWAYS
GUYS THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR LOVE, HELP, AND SUPPORT. FOR ALL OF
YOU WHO BELIEVED IN US FROM DAY ONE AND KNEW WE COULD DO THIS. WE LOVE
YOU SO MUCH. CONTINUE TO SPREAD OUR NAME LIKE A DISEASE AND TELL THE
WORLD ABOUT IT. THERES NO BETTER PROMOTION THAN WORD OF MOUTH. ITS
THE DAGGUM TRUTH. THANKS AGAIN GUYS AND WE LOVE YOU.

JAMIE, DANE, JJ, ZACH AND ANDY.
SENT BY RAVENS

I am EXTREMELY excited to hear a full length album by these guys! I just hope the label doesn't push them to water down their sound.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:58 am

What do they sound like? Is it something we'd be interested in here?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Quote :
What do they sound like? Is it something we'd be interested in here?

They have a great blend of heavy music and singing. They even have a few guitar solos mixed in. I think it's something yall will like here. Actually, I think I heard about them on Topshot's radio show. Here's their myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/sentbyravens
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 5:15 pm

Listening now. I'll be watching for this when the T&N release hits.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:32 pm

That's what I was gonna ask "who are they" and "why is their caps button stuck on their keyboard"?

That picture on their myspace looks like it was taken under the monorail in downtown Seattle. Kinda digging their sound, is this going to be their 2nd or 3rd album?

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:53 pm

They had an ep out but no full length yet. They're pretty new though.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:31 pm

The full length CD is out now. If you'd like to hear clips of the whole CD, you can check it out at Jesusfreakhideout.com:

http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/cdreviews/OurGracefulWords.asp

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:25 pm

Overall, I really liked the album. They have successfully kept their original sound from their EPs except it sounds like with the the record label backing that their music is much more polished. My only complaint though is that the tracks "Trailer vs. Tornado" and "This Awakening" have been cut down and made shorter. The big guitar/drums breakdown (at about 2:40 in the original version) has been removed and the resulting track is about a minute shorter. That was my favorite part about the song because you don't hear many bands outside of the metalcore/hardcore genre do that. But the rest of the album is great and different from most other bands on the market today.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:23 pm

If you like this, there is another T&N band you might like that just released their debut CD as well. They are called Write This Down.

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Haha it's funny you should mention them. I actually just checked them out a couple days ago. The remind me of a combination of The Becoming (a Christian band similar to the secular band, H.I.M.), A Day to Remember, maybe a little bit of Emery, Anberlin, and Capital Lights. But you're right, I definitely like them. I think the reason I like them is because they have such a blend of sound, you get a little bit of everything: Punk, hardcore, modern rock, and even a little acoustic guitar and piano rock. It seems like here lately, Tooth and Nail has picked up some really diverse bands.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:05 am

I like Sent by Ravens.
Now I'm going to check out Write This Down.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:56 pm

I was gonna check out the Sent By Ravens at my local Lifeway. They did not have a single Tooth & Nail title in the store! They've carried their stuff for years, and now this is not available. Then, they wonder why we buy our music online instead of in the stores! If it's not on the shelves, then we can't buy it, now can we?

Looks like Amazon.com wins again.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Got this CD today. Man, this is good! One thing that I like it that they don't sound exactly like everyone else. There are similarities to some bands, but they still seem to have their own vibe going. The lyrics have some very up front lyrics pointing to Jesus as Lord. I think I'm gonna be playing this one a lot.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:03 pm

I just noticed you can download this entire album at Amazon.com for only $5.
What a deal!

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:33 pm

Listening to them on MySpace now... I'm liking this!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:57 am

Staybrite wrote:
What a deal!

I didn't notice that until after I ordered the CD. I have been thinking about just buying MP3s since I depend on my Zune so much nowadays. I didn't pay a lot more for the CD. I got it for $6.99 from a vendor selling through Amazon.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
What a deal!

I didn't notice that until after I ordered the CD. I have been thinking about just buying MP3s since I depend on my Zune so much nowadays. I didn't pay a lot more for the CD. I got it for $6.99 from a vendor selling through Amazon.

The last 2 or 3 albums I recently bought I just purchased on MP3. Seems I only listen on my computer or my mp3 player anymore. I'm also running out of room in my closet for cds. I'm going to pick-up the new Audiovision from Amazon as a download this coming payday, it's only $7.99.

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Quote :
I'm going to pick-up the new Audiovision
from Amazon as a download this coming payday, it's only $7.99.

NICE!!! I've been looking for a place to get this. Sounds like I'll be making a trip to Amazon.com lol Speaking of which, I love the cover of Stryper they did! Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail 158100
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail   Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sent by Ravens signs with Tooth & Nail
Page 1 of 1