Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Missed release dates

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Missed release dates Empty
PostSubject: Missed release dates   Missed release dates I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 12:15 pm

Don't you just hate it when artists/record labels advertise that CDs will be IN STORES on certain dates, and then they aren't? In the secular music scene, new releases have come out on Tuesdays and are usually scheduled months in advance. The album is typically completed well before the release date and is ready to ship to stores in plenty of time for that advertised release date.

I've always had a beef with the Christian labels/distributors. Release dates with them are set on the typical Tuesdays, but they tend to be more of "suggested release dates" rather than actual. Today is the scheduled release date for both the new Jonah33 and Over Ashes CDs. UI preordered them from Musichristian.com to insure that they would arrive on the release date. They have yet to ship. So, I thought about calling a couple of stores and seeing if they had these in stock. If they did, then I would call and cancel my order with Musichristian and just go buy the CD myself.

But, when I called multiple stores, no one has either of these in stock. Most aren't even showing them as available. So, most likely, these two CDs were not released today as advertised.

I find that to be terribly unprofessional. With so many Christian labels and distribution companies being owned by secular companies, we should get the same level of service as the non-Christian music stores/online sites. But, even after years and years of buying Christian music, we do not.

So, sadly I await the delivery of my Jonah33 and Over Ashes discs. Sad

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Missed release dates   Missed release dates I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 2:27 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I find that to be terribly unprofessional. With so many Christian labels and distribution companies being owned by secular companies, we should get the same level of service as the non-Christian music stores/online sites. But, even after years and years of buying Christian music, we do not.

So, sadly I await the delivery of my Jonah33 and Over Ashes discs. Sad

I heard a pastor tell somone once that he refused to bring anymore business to a Christian Printing company owned by one of his parishioners. The pastor said, that they never got their orders on time, so they had to switch companies. The pastor went on to suggest that there is this attitude that some Christians (and Christian companies) have that if your clients (or friends) are Christian they will just "forgive" your short comings and keep coming back because you are both Christian. Wonder if that is what we are seeing here?

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Missed release dates   Missed release dates I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 3:37 pm

It's bummer when you are looking forward to get a Cd and it seems the CD is not available on the release date.

When a CD is not available at the release date the band should leave a message we have to wait longer.
It's terribly unprofessional.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Missed release dates   Missed release dates I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 1:19 pm

I have gone to Best Buy quite a few times to buy Christian cd's on their release day and been told that they didn't have it and didn't know when they would. I've then called the local Christian bookstore and sometimes they would have it. Of course it's about $4 more then Best Buy would've had it for. Christian bookstores also sometimes put albums out before they are supposed to. I've snagged a few of these. Unless it's metal I don't ever try to buy Christian albums on release day anymore. I just buy them when I come across them that way there is no let down.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Missed release dates   Missed release dates I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 2:37 pm

7thSecond wrote:
.... I don't ever try to buy Christian albums on release day anymore. I just buy them when I come across them that way there is no let down.

Yup, me too.

--

PostSubject: Re: Missed release dates   Missed release dates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missed release dates
Page 1 of 1