Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weather In Your Area

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
Dreams
Staybrite
Dynamis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Weather In Your Area Empty
PostSubject: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:40 pm

How is the weather in your area right now?

Here in Phoenix I think we might have finally "cooled down" to below 110- now that the sun has gone down. When I got off work this afternoon, it was a toasty 117...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:57 pm

It is ridiculously hot here in the Pacific NW. It was in the mid 90's today, and is expected to get hotter as the week progresses. We usually see a day or two of 90 degree weather each summer, but almost never for this long.

Many in the hotter regions of the U.S. would say our weather is "nothing" compared to what they see. However, I would remind them that less than 10% of people in our region have air-conditioning. Try 10 days of mid to upper 90's weather without any way to cool off (short of hosing yourself down). They have opening up "cooling stations" in most cities. Places with a/c where you can go and cool down for a little while.

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:20 pm

I know exactly what you mean about Pacific NW weather. When living in Portland, I rented an upstairs - third floor apartment - that did not have air conditioning. Yes, things could get a bit uncomfortable during the summer months. The best thing to do was to open up all your windows and turn on a bunch of fans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:53 am

It's currently 61 degrees in this part of Germany. I live on the border with Bavaria and we rarely see extreme weather. I think the highest temperature I've seen here was when I moved to Germany in 92'...it was 95 degrees. The number of hot summer days are few, maybe three to four weeks total...which suits me just fine.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:09 am

Unlike last year's record highs, we have been enjoying one of the coolest summers on record here in Tennessee. We had a few days at the first of the month in the high 90's. For the most part, we've been somewhere between 87 to 92 with lows at night in the mid-60's. We even had a few nights where it dipped down in the low 50's! The humidity has been relatively mild as well.

I'm used to summers where it starts breaking 100 in July and staying that way until the first of September. Usually at night, the temps would only drop down into the mid 80's. Also, we usually have ungodly high humidity.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:15 am

We have a mix of nice and very warm humid days and days with heavy showers.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:05 am

Question: Is news THAT bad that we hafta talk about weather like old farts? Laughing

It's beautiful here in the Hi-desert of southern California simmering afternoons in the high 80s to mid-90s and cool nights at 75. Unfortunately we almost never get rain as the Albert Hammond song confirms.

But with my stupid conditions, I praise God for sunny skys and never overcast conditions. Love it !

Visited Lisa's fam in New Hampshire and hated the gloomy rainy weather... depressing for me. May summer never end !!!!!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:57 pm

My time in the Smokies had nearly perfect (and unheard of) weather for the whole 11 days as Alldat can attest. Yet I hardly saw a person on the trails. Go figure!

It's still cool back here in IN, but now we've got the humidity.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:54 pm

Seattle is expected to hit 100 tomorrow (and it is usually a few degrees hotter next to the foothills where we live). If Seattle makes it to 101 it will be the hottest day for Seattle in recorded history.
Shocked It's currently 96 at home, and we are still 3 or 4 hours from our typically hottest part of the day. (somebody send me a huge ice-cube I can sit on).

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:56 pm

It's been raining here off and on the last couple of days (nothing much though). If I catch a couple of drops, I'll post them to you Staybrite.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:22 pm

Fundy wrote:
It's been raining here off and on the last couple of days (nothing much though). If I catch a couple of drops, I'll post them to you Staybrite.

Fundy

Thanks dude. Laughing

My wife just called and said our thermometer hit 101degrees and then popped!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:11 am

It is much cooler here now. We had rain most of the day yesterday and it is in the forecast for most of the rest of the week. My grass will be a foot tall!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:46 am

Quote :
My grass will be a foot tall!

When you are quiet .... very quiet you can hear the grass grow. lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Oh man it is only lunch and in the 90's we are expected to hit 103 today (an all time high).

I'm expecting people to just start spontaneously bursting into flames or something.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Today and tomorrow we get the rests of the tropical storm danny.
It means we have lots of wind and rain.
Now it's thundering.
Awww, I don't like thunder and lightning.
It's scary
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:56 pm

Ooo tropical storms are not fun. Hopefully it will be over quickly.

PostSubject: Re: Weather In Your Area   Weather In Your Area I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weather In Your Area
Page 1 of 1