Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22

Go down 
+3
ChosenOne
alldatndensum
silentthunder89
7 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 Empty
PostSubject: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:17 am

PILLAR PROMISES MAJOR CONFESSIONS COMING SEPTEMBER 22

Chemistry, Approach and Sound--All New--Mark Reinvention of Rock Powerhouse

Simultaneous Radio Singles Impact July 17
“Secrets and Regrets” - CHR and “Fire on the Inside” - Rock

Confessions Tour To Launch This Fall

Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 Pillar4

Photo Credit: Cooper Harrison
Photo ID (L-R): Noah Henson, Rob Beckley, Rich Gilliland and Taylor Carroll

NEWS SOURCE: Provident Label Group
July 13, 2009

(Nashville, Tenn.) July 13, 2009 –Dove and GRAMMY nominated rock act Pillar recently completed recording its career-shifting
sixth album Confessions (Essential/Provident) set to release September 22. In a bold move by one of Christian music's
preeminent rock bands, Pillar reinvented its approach to songwriting and studio production, as well as half its line-up.
The result: a rich, melodic, transparent yet hard-hitting project with weighty appeal.

While lead singer Rob Beckley and guitarist Noah Henson have been the band's principal songwriters the past eight years,
Confessions marks the first time the two of them have
collaborated with writers outside the band. Guest composers include
Chris Stevens (tobyMac, Sanctus Real), Skidd Mills (Saving Abel,
Skillet), Keith Wallen (Fuel), Red guitarist Jasen Rauch and Building
429 front man Jason Roy.

Confessions' production marks equally
new territory. For all of Pillar's previous hit albums, the band had
teamed with brilliant producer Travis Wyrick (P.O.D., Superchick), this
outing, however, Wyrick and other confidants suggested they go with
versatile producer/songwriter Rob Graves (Red, Wavorly). The results
are dramatic as Confessions' sound is further enhanced by new bassist Rich Gilliland (KJ-52, Brandon Heath) and drummer Taylor Carroll (After Edmund).

"I had never had goose bumps listening to our own
music before, but this album is just on a whole different level," says
Pillar's Beckley. "We're indebted to everyone who played a role in
pushing us out of our comfort zones. And I couldn't be more proud of
our band."
Both in its songwriting sessions and in the
recording studio, Pillar decided melody, composition and hooks would
rule the day. With that set in stone, the resulting album features
songs which range from muscular, guitar-driven gut rock to beautiful,
orchestral ballads. "Confessions is the kind of album that
will make CHR radio listeners fans of rock music," says Blaine Barcus,
VP of A&R, Provident Label Group. "The goal was that every single
song on this album would be a great fit for radio, and I think the
overall project reflects that goal. Rob and the guys poured themselves
into the music and this project really delivers.”

Thematically, the album picks up where Pillar's profound "Confessions
Tour" left off earlier this year. A confessional curriculum--called "My
Secret"--being taught in their local Tulsa, Oklahoma church changed the
way the members of Pillar wanted to engage their audiences on tour. "We
decided to give our fans a way to pour out their hearts anonymously,
yet before God" says Beckley. "We took thousands of blank confession
cards [distributed via a confessional booth] on the road. It definitely
brought kids to the point of acknowledging their sin and what was going
on." The "Confessions Tour" had a defining impact on Pillar as
its members read and prayed over each audience's confession cards.
Explains Beckley, "More than ever, it put things into a perspective of
'what we do matters.'

That approach obviously carried over to the new
album. Says Beckley, "1 John 1:9 says, 'If we confess our sins, God is
faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all
unrighteousness.' Every song on this album could be broken down to 'If
you just confess.'" Under this umbrella, recurring themes on Confessions include unity, commitment and perseverance.

Pillar will hit the road on the Confessions Tour early this fall with KJ-52, Run Kid Run and
7eventh Time Down. Tour markets and venues are forthcoming.

About Pillar
Pillar’s previous studio album, For the Love of the Game (02/26/08),
debuted at No. 4 on SoundScan's Christian (overall) album chart. Since
Pillar’s Dove Award-winning label debut Above in 2001, the band has
performed for more than 3 million people and tallied 10 No. 1 radio
singles, 13 top five hits, a GRAMMY nomination, four Dove Awards, nine
national headlining tours, covers of numerous Christian and mainstream
magazines, features in Rolling Stone, Spin, Bass Player, and Hit
Parader, and album sales approaching one million (including two albums
with sales exceeding 300,000 copies each). The Tulsa, Oklahoma-based
band also won Fuse TV's "Next Big Thing" Award and has seen its music
played on numerous ESPN sports programs, including SportsCenter,
Baseball Tonight (during montage highlights from the 2007 World Series)
and College Gameday, as well as CBS and FOX Sports.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:23 am

I for one am VERY excited for this album! It sounds to me like this album is projected to be much harder, and much more passionate than their previous efforts. I'm also excited to hear the new singles coming out in the next few days. This is definitely finding its way to the top of my Wants list. Their Fireproof album was the very first album I ever bought when I got saved.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:23 am

I'll definitely check this out in Sept. Sounds like it could be good. But, the statement "The goal was that every single song on this album would be a great fit for radio, and I think the overall project reflects that goal," kinda troubles me. It COULD mean that this album will be lighter overall. I hope not, but they did bring in Brandon Heath's bassist and co-write with the lead singer of Building 429. Those aren't exactly heavy rock artists!

But, I do like Pillar and am curious to see what they will bring to the table. As a fan of their latter catalog, I will still check this out.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:11 pm

Then again, the special guest lineup also includes Jason Raunch from Red, Skidd Mills (composer for Skillet), and legendary producer Rob Graves (producer of RED and P.O.D). Also, I have a hard time believing that a band with the image shown above could be playing soft music. But I guess by the description the album could go either way. I guess we'll just have to wait until Friday when the first two singles come out.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:14 pm

I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and listen to those singles.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:51 pm

If not that, then out of sheer curiosity lol!
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:22 pm

I was searching around Youtube and found a leaked version of both the new songs. The first is the softer song of the two, but it's still a pretty solid song. The second is much harder. Personally I like the second much more than the first. They remind me a lot of the Where Do We Go From Here album. There's even a long overdue guitar solo on the second song.

http://tunelab.com/2009/07/11/listen-to-new-pillar-songs-fire-on-the-inside-and-secrets-and-regrets/
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:16 pm

I've listened to both singles and for once I am actually excited about a Pillar album. I thought "The Reckoning" was bad and "For The Love of the Game" was pretty decent and a huge improvement. I think this will be way better. Kind of like how Skillet reinvented themselves with "Comatose". Plus I do like the strong outspokeness about God and the meaning behind the album. For a band that has mainstream appeal, they at least know where they stand, Like Disciple.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:53 pm

Speaking about confessions.
I've never listened to Pillar, so it's really time to check this band out.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:54 pm

I haven't listened to the songs yet, but that review has me thinking "more radio friendly". I'm not sure I care either way, just as long as I like it.

I gotta say some of the new "hair styles" they are sporting in that photo gave me a chuckle, so I guess you could say I'm already kind of happy.
Very Happy

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:23 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
They remind me a lot of the Where Do We Go From Here album. There's even a long overdue guitar solo on the second song.
I hope so as that was the last Pillar album I really liked. As far as their picture goes many bands don't look like they sound now days. Back in the day if you had a mohawk or colored hair you were in a hardcore band, long hair you were in a metal band. I miss that really.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:54 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I'll definitely check this out in Sept. Sounds like it could be good. But, the statement "The goal was that every single song on this album would be a great fit for radio, and I think the overall project reflects that goal," kinda troubles me. It COULD mean that this album will be lighter overall. I hope not, but they did bring in Brandon Heath's bassist and co-write with the lead singer of Building 429. Those aren't exactly heavy rock artists!

But, I do like Pillar and am curious to see what they will bring to the table. As a fan of their latter catalog, I will still check this out.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong w/ being radio-friendly, but when you start watering down your sound (like they did w/ their last couple records), it just doesn't make for a great CD. Here's hoping they get back to their roots a bit more. Oh, and though I'm ont a "judge a book by the cover" guy, I have to laugh at their new look - it appears as though they're trying to hard to look like Thousand Foot Krutch, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:08 am

I'm listening to the song "Fire On The Inside". Pretty cool song. If the rest of the CD is like this, then I'm sold!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:22 am

Now I am listening to "Secrets and Regrets". While it is one of those "radio friendly" tunes, it still has an edge in some places. It's heavier during the choruses than most of their radio singles.

I''l DEFINITELY be getting this--Lord willing!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:56 am

Found Pillar samples on their MySpace page and I have to tell I really like what I hear.
Is the Pillar style changed?
What is the best Pillar album?
How many CD Pillar released?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:04 pm

7thSecond wrote:
..... Back in the day if you had a mohawk or colored hair you were in a hardcore band, long hair you were in a metal band. I miss that really.

Yeah, I kind of miss that too. Now you never know what your gonna get.

PostSubject: Re: Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22   Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pillar - Confessions - Sept. 22
Page 1 of 1