Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Static Fuse

Static Fuse

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-18

was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson? Empty
PostSubject: was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson?   was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:47 pm

There were so many Christian alternatives in the 80's... you guys know what I mean -- Christian bands that were the counterpart to a particular secular band.

Was there ever a "Christian Michael Jackson?" Just curious. It would seem weird if there wasn't, since there seemed to be an alternative to just about everything, and Michael was so huge in the 80's!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson?   was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:03 am

I would imagine so, but I never paid attention to artists of that style.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson?   was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:32 am

First guy who comes to mind was some of Eric Champion's stuff. Even some of his videos had a little MJ style to them.
Only other stuff that comes to mind would be Raze, but they just resemble MJs style.

there's always the song by apologetix: parody of mj and alien ant farm "Smooth Grandmama".... not highly recommended tho Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson?   was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:17 am

I can think of no alternatives.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson?   was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:51 pm

Carmen?

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson?   was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Carmen did some dance type stuff, but he also experimented with a lot of spoken word stuff and some various musical styles. His live performances were theatrical, but nowhere near the level of Micheal's shows. If Carmen was meant to be an alternative, they failed miserably.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson?   was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

was there ever a Christian alternative to Michael Jackson?
Page 1 of 1