Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?

Go down 
+8
nazpastor
icon_red
MetalFRO
rockerVu2
Staybrite
Fundy
heath777
alldatndensum
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? Empty
PostSubject: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:55 pm

I've had Tourniquet's "Vanishing Lessons" a couple of times over the years but end up trading it when I want something else. I don't know why I get rid of it as it has always been the only Tourniquet CD I liked.

Well, that's changed. I did a swap with a guy on CMR and ended up getting (again) "Vanishing Lessons" and (first time) "Crawl To China". I have been told for years that C.T.C. was the closest thing to V.L. that Ted & Co. ever produced. Now that I have heard a few songs from it, I have to agree.

So, now that I actually own and like TWO Tourniquet discs, does that make me a fan? lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
heath777

heath777

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:05 pm

You need the Carry The Wounded e.p. I think you would like the songs on it. Crawl is easily my favorite TQT cd. I do enjoy the Guy Ritter era also. Their last few releases have not done much for me though.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:54 pm

Crawl To China is the best album for Luke's vocals. It works really really well and is one of my favourite nonGuy Tourniquet albums. Heath is right, check out Carry The Wounded EP which is also great.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:56 pm

I'm not sure I would consider myself a serious fan, but I really like "Carry the Wounded", "Where Moth & Rust Destroy" and "Acoustic Archives".
I have owned most of the others, but ended up trading them all.
Talented band, every era.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:14 pm

There were a few songs from the earlier project that I liked, but I got lost sometimes with the medical titles and the speedier tunes. Just not my thing.

But, there ain't nothing wrong with "Crawl To China" and "Vanishing Lessons".

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:11 am

Yes, you are now a Tourniquet fan.
I never liked Tourniquet.
"Vanishing Lessons" always was a CD I liked.
So maybe there' still hope for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:39 pm

"Crawl to China" is probably the most underrated album in TQT's catalog. Too many people were saddened by the lack of thrash metal on there, but what they weren't listening to was the killer songwriting they had there. Great modern hard rock/metal stylings, a variety of approaches, and their great, quirky sense of humor throughout. Ranks right up there w/ "Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance" and "Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm" as a favorite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:27 am

I just got MVTR by Tourniquet yesterday in the mail. (thanks, Naz!) I have listened once and not sure how I like it. The songs are cool, but some of them have that "we could easily have cut the song length down by making 2 songs" issue I dislike. Were they shooting for long songs just to please old fans? When the songs make a drastic change that often makes no sense, I just tune it out. I'm not sure that I really like this disc. I'll spin it a few more times before I decide.

Still loving "Crawl" and "Vanishing Lessons", though.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:42 pm

I really really did not like MVTR.

But you have inspired me to give both Vanishing Lessons and Crawl to China another listen.

icon_red

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:53 pm

I had read about this band in HM throughout the 90's and never gave them a shot, I am listening to Crawl To China right now on an old HM sampler and it's not too bad...
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:02 pm

MVTR is the worst Tourniquet album in my opinion. The songs are long and meandering, some of the lyrics I don't have a lot of time for and the whole thing seems a bit 'let's try and sound like we used to', but it doesn't work.

WMRD, on the other hand is superb with lots more clean vocals and lots more hooks to get your teeth in.

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:11 pm

Fundy wrote:
MVTR is the worst Tourniquet album in my opinion. The songs are long and meandering, some of the lyrics I don't have a lot of time for and the whole thing seems a bit 'let's try and sound like we used to', but it doesn't work.

WMRD, on the other hand is superb with lots more clean vocals and lots more hooks to get your teeth in.

Fundy

Totally agree with your evaluation. Twisted Evil

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:15 pm

For my taste, I like, at least a little, the first album and a song here or there, but I just don't care for thrash vocals much and Tourniquet is no different to me than most other thrash bands. I hope you grow to like it, but for me it was just in a shelf of unlistened to CDs.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:59 pm

Tourniquet's pretty cool. I enjoy a little off each album they've put out. Years ago I was given a tape of Stop the bleeding, and I was sold. I like their uniqueness. I think their stand against animal cruelty is right on too. I'm not big on organizations for that kinda stuff, and I am an avid carnivore, but I think we shouldn't torture God's creatures either. They had that video years ago that was banned from MTV cuz it was too disturbing.... Did you hear that right ? a Christian video banned from MTV cuz it was disturbing....

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:46 am

Wow...that video is pretty disturbing
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:16 am

I'm gonna see if I can get a cheap used copy of WMRD. I want to see if I like it. But, looking at the song lengths, some of those are over 9 minutes!

Back to top Go down
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:31 am

Ted Kirkpatrick is listed in several magazines as one of the best drummers in the industry...Christian or secular. The guitar licks and amazing drums coupled with lyrics that are well thought out, make them my all time favorite band.

edit...I see a similar drumming style in Theocracy's Mirror of Souls...especially on the track "Laying the demon to rest".
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:50 am

I only listen to the music of "Ark Of Suffering".
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:17 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I just got MVTR by Tourniquet yesterday in the mail. (thanks, Naz!) I have listened once and not sure how I like it. The songs are cool, but some of them have that "we could easily have cut the song length down by making 2 songs" issue I dislike. Were they shooting for long songs just to please old fans? When the songs make a drastic change that often makes no sense, I just tune it out. I'm not sure that I really like this disc. I'll spin it a few more times before I decide.

Still loving "Crawl" and "Vanishing Lessons", though.

I'll take it off your hands - my copy is too scratched up from being accidentally dropped a couple times Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:59 am

Any further thoughts, alldat?

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 4:45 am

The only thing that irritates me about Tourniquet is there lack of a new release. It's been far too long since their last one and they keep pushing back the date for their new one.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:34 am

When Tourniquet released their last album?
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:56 pm

It was a long time ago!

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:06 am

I had Crawl to China when it first came out I remember liking it a bit, but when it comes to Tquet its Stop The Bleeding or Pathogenic Occular Dissonance I could not stand Vanishing Lessons with the exception of the song "Bearing Gruesome Cargo"
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockcityonline.net
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:22 am

For me, "Vanishing Lessons" is the best thing I've heard from Tourniquet!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?   Does this make me a Tourniquet fan? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does this make me a Tourniquet fan?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: