Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kutless to do new worship disc

Go down 
+2
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Kutless to do new worship disc Empty
PostSubject: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:10 am

I found this on a bulletin on MySpace from Kutless:

Quote :
We are very
excited that Kutless is back in the studio this week working on their
new Worship album. Let's kick this new record off right with one of our
legendary week of 24 hour sales. Each day we change the sale to
something different, so keep your eyes on the site for each new deal!
This week, the band members themselves are picking the sale of the day.
Today Dave is choosing:
FREE SHIPPING!
shop.kutless.com

********Free shipping on US domestic ground shipping only.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:28 am

I hope this is some late April Fools joke.

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:30 am

A new rockin' CD was cooler.

What do you think of a new worship CD of Kutless?
Do you like the worship CD or you prefer a rockin' CD more?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:44 am

"Strong Tower" is one of my all time favorite worship discs. So, I hope that they do another just to fill in the gaps between another album of new material. I just hope they pick more obscure songs that people are not as familiar with if they decide to do cover tunes again. I would hope that they would be writing more original worship tunes as well.

Topshot, I don't think this is a joke. The sale they mentioned in that bulletin is real, so I see no reason to think they are joking about the worship project.

When it hits, I'll buy it because it's Kutless.

On a side note, the Seventh Day Slumber worship album has really grown on me. It has a great balance of heavy and softer moments. SDS fans should not be disappointed with this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 3:43 pm

Hmm, I had the Strong Tower cd and I traded it.
Not sure I'm all that excited about more P&W from Kutless

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:26 pm

I've heard Strong Tower and it isn't bad. Kutless has always been a hit and miss band for me. The Seventh Day Slumber worship cd is awesome. You know who needs to do a full on worship album: Disciple
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:53 pm

Quote :
You know who needs to do a full on worship album: Disciple

That would be SICK!!! Headbang
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:10 am

Quote :
You know who needs to do a full on worship album: Disciple

I'd only want a Disciple worship project if they do it full on Disciple style. I wouldn't mind hearing "Lord I Lift Your Name On High" again if it had some big southern style downtuned guitar riffs, some killer leads, and Kevin waiing on the choruses.

Quote :
I've heard Strong Tower and it isn't bad. Kutless has always been a hit and miss band for me.

I've always liked Kutless. The only disc that was hit and miss for me was their most recent. Even then, the songs have grown on me with time. I still think it needed a couple more rockers and a couple of less slow songs, but it's still a good listen. So, if doing another worship disc will get their creative juices flowing and give us another "Hearts Of The Innocent", then I'm cool with that.

Quote :
The Seventh Day Slumber worship cd is awesome.

I agree!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:15 am

I still listen to "Strong Tower".
It's perfect music for times you need something special.

A worship album by Disciple in Disciple style would be a killer.
That will be Headbang worship.

Quote :
I just hope they pick more obscure songs that people are not as familiar with if they decide to do cover tunes again.

That would be a wonderful idea, most songs are almost on every worship CD.
It's a very good idea not to take the famous worship songs.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:33 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Not sure I'm all that excited about more P&W from Kutless
Ditto - unless it actually rocks.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:37 am

Maybe they've seen that you can take the intensity up a few notches like Seventh Day Slumber did.

But, since they are doing more and more "radio friendly" songs even on their regular releases, I would guess that this will be in the same vein as "Strong Tower".

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:13 am

I could care less about Kutlass anyways, although my son likes them, but I have to say that I am sick of hearing about bands doing P&W cds. IMO it's been done to death.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:23 pm

I don't mind the P&W CDs as long as artists:

1. Do some different songs than what is on EVERY other P&W CD.

2. Add some new songs of their own creation

3. Really add some new life or new dimentions to any cover song they do until it sounds like this band wrote it.

For me, Kutless did so well in Dept. 3 last time that I cut them some major slack in Dept. 1 & 2.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

3. Really add some new life or new dimentions to any cover song they do until it sounds like this band wrote it.

For me, Kutless did so well in Dept. 3 last time that I cut them some major slack in Dept. 1 & 2.

See I thought completely the opposite, it seemed to me like most of the songs on the "Strong Tower" disc where just sub-par cover versions of the originals. They weren't "bad", but just seemed to pale compared to the original (or more popular) versions.
But then Kutless has always been hit and miss with me.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:14 pm

"Radio friendly" songs?
I wonder what's important to release a good CD with good lyrics and good music.
Or it's more important to release a "radio friendly" CD.
Are "radio friendly" CDs orders of the lable or it it a choise of the band?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kutless to do new worship disc   Kutless to do new worship disc I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kutless to do new worship disc
Page 1 of 1