Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sweet Comfort Band

Go down 
+5
Dreams
MetalFRO
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
nazpastor
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:45 pm

Any fans? I only had a limited exposure to them bitd, with Cutting Edge and Perfect Timing, but I love both albums. Great pop rock band with fantastic vocals from Bryan Duncan and superb guitar work from Randy Thomas. I was later given a vinyl copy of Breaking The Ice, but I only listened to it a few times because it was so much lighter.

They also had super cool album art. I bought a T-Shirt of the Cutting Edge artwork for a girl because she liked it so well. I wish I'd have gotten it for me instead. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Their first self-titled album is more fun than the others. They seemed to have a blast making it and it really is a great album.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:28 pm

Heard a few songs--nothing too memorable. I'll pass.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:37 am

For me, Sweet Comfort Band was a band that I easily overlooked in my pursuit of Heavenly metal. If I took the time to really check out Sweet Comfort Band's music, I might enjoy it, but they never really grabbed my attention.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:46 pm

I have music moods (like most people). There are certain bands I listen to when i want to sing along and focus on the tunage... then there are bands I play when i don't wanna be distracted, but still want music in the background.....

SCB is one of those bands. I'll throw them in as "background music" with company, rather than something I wanna crank in my truck and scream along !
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:09 pm

Awesome band. I have "Cuttin' Edge" on vinyl, and I'm on a mission to find all their albums on original vinyl, as well as to obtain the CD re-issues. I pop a song of theirs into my playlists once in a while Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:34 am

I saw them in an 81' concert in Sacramento. Musically, they were a key part of my early Christian years.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:55 pm

If have only heard a few songs here and there. Not really enough to form a serious opinion.

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:39 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
Awesome band. I have "Cuttin' Edge" on vinyl, and I'm on a mission to find all their albums on original vinyl, as well as to obtain the CD re-issues. I pop a song of theirs into my playlists once in a while Very Happy

I'll save the vinyl for ya! Actually, have a few special things to give you, if mid-May in KC might still work for you. Since I will already be up there to watch baseball.

SCB was a good band. Good, solid pop-rock. I liked all their albums pretty well.
Back to top Go down

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:02 pm

Here's a few videos for those who would like a sampling:

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:25 am

That bass player was awesome! I still don't think I'd want a full CD by them, but they were a good band.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:24 am

Listening to the Sweet Comfort Band now.
They are good, but not that good to buy a CD from.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:47 pm

elsid wrote:
MetalFRO wrote:

I'll save the vinyl for ya! Actually, have a few special things to give you, if mid-May in KC might still work for you. Since I will already be up there to watch baseball.

SCB was a good band. Good, solid pop-rock. I liked all their albums pretty well.

I'll be in Lincoln, NE on the 16th & 17th for a family get-together & my cousin's graduation, so not sure about that. PM or e-mail me if you want to try & work something out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
icon_red

icon_red

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:00 pm

SCB (to me) was okay, but the band that rose from their ashes, The Allies, was my fave.
Back to top Go down

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:51 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Here's a few videos for those who would like a sampling:

Thank you, Tall Tyrion! I listened to part of a sample. Good. I will probably check out more stuff by SCB, now.

God's Blessings!
Back to top Go down

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:28 am

Cool. Smile

I like them, even though they are not "metal". They had enough good guitar parts to keep me interested, and the jazz and new wave parts were all still pretty good in my ears.

The bottom line is talent, and this band had it in spades.

Allies were also good. I have the first Allies album on lp, and saw them in concert. Good and rockin' but a bit too "simple" for my tastes. They lacked the power and majesty that SCB had...... just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sweet Comfort Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Comfort Band   Sweet Comfort Band I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweet Comfort Band
Page 1 of 1