Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? Empty
PostSubject: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:34 pm

I ran across a site that has digitized a number of 80's releases that have never been released on CD. I have downloaded some of them to give them a listen and found one called Fierce Heart. I googled Fierce Heart and found that it has recently been released on CD by Retrospective Records:

http://www.retrospectrecords.com/products/fierce_heart.html

Check them out and see what you think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:47 pm

From what I know--if it's the same band--Fierce Heart is the band Rex Carroll used to play in... I am not that familiar with them, so someone else on this board can feel free to fill you in if they want...

God's Blessings!
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:35 pm

That would appear to be the band, because it says on the Retrospective Record site that Rex played and then went on to form Whitecross. That was all the information I gleaned from it. The lyrics don't sound like a "Christian" album, but I didn't hear anything objectionable on what I heard. I haven't had a chance to listen all the way through though.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:37 pm

Rex did the leads with them before he was in Whitecross. But, Fierce Heart is not a Christian band. Just thought you'd want a head's up first. Actually, Fierce Heart has been on CD a couple of times.

Where is this mysterious site giving away free tunes?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:47 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Rex did the leads with them before he was in Whitecross. But, Fierce Heart is not a Christian band. Just thought you'd want a head's up first. Actually, Fierce Heart has been on CD a couple of times.

Where is this mysterious site giving away free tunes?

Here is a link to the site. It is just somebody who is digitizing and uploading links. I am sure the RIAA would not approve, but for stuff that has never been digitally released (iTunes, etc.) and is OOP, I don't feel bad about getting. There are actually some of the titles that have been pulled down because the bands asked and the blog owner obliges. Actually, if you read some of the comments, people involved with the projects are glad to have the music out there where people can get to it. I say all that to say this. I don't condone music sharing of in-print music and I don't want people to get the wrong impression. Out of print and unavailable music is a different situation in my mind.

http://flipsidemn.blogspot.com/search/label/Servant%20-%20Remix

Now that I look back, Fierce Heart came from a different site, but there is a link to several of these sites, one to the next to the next. I ran accross Fierce Heart elsewhere, but it was as a result of a trail from the above site.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:51 pm

I used to enjoy the Heavenly Grooves site until he got discouraged from a disgruntled artist and shut it down.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:12 am

If you all have never heard it, you should definitely snag the Xalt - Dark War while it's available. It was a cassette only release.

But, I must also add that there are several titles that I found that are still available on CD. Most of these artists were signed to a Christian recording label who still owns the rights--even if it's not available. For the more obscure stuff that is out of print and probably will never be in print again, I don't really have a problem.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:15 am

Yeah, there are a lot of those titles that I already have on CD and honestly I downloaded a lot of them just so I didn't have to mess with ripping my own. Those are not a problem for me as I own them already. There are a ton of titles that never were on CD though, like Servant "Swimming in a Human Ocean", and "Remix". If they ever become available, I will buy them, but as they are our of print and not available digitally and never on CD, I have downloaded them for now. I would love to have CD releases of those.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:01 pm

I snagged an original vinyl of this album a couple months back - great 80's hard rock! Not "Christian" as noted above, but "safe" overall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

PostSubject: Re: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:51 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
If you all have never heard it, you should definitely snag the Xalt - Dark War while it's available. It was a cassette only release.

Can you please share more about what the "Dark War" album is like, Alldatndensum? Please be more descriptive than saying, "It's '80's metal," or something like that... How does it compare with Xalt's "Under the Ruins" album?

Thank you for your time... Cool
God's Blessings!
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:35 pm

Fierce Heart was NOT Christian, and had some pretty bad lyrics. I got that album from Arttie over at CMR and was disappointed when I heard the lyrics, and I got rid of it. Whitecross was better musically anyhow.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:47 am

Quote :
Can you please share more about what the "Dark
War" album is like, Alldatndensum? Please be more descriptive than
saying, "It's '80's metal," or something like that... How does it
compare with Xalt's "Under the Ruins" album?

The sound quality is lower as it was an independant release done by the band. But, the songs are definitely heavier than "Under The Ruins". It's been a while since I played my CD-R, so it's hard to remember.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:46 am

Definitely heavier than "Under The Ruins"?! Awesome!!! That has my curiosity! I have seen the cover art to "Dark War," which I believe is really cool!

Thank you, Alldatndensum!!! Your info. has helped! Cool Thumbs Up

God's Blessings!
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:25 pm

Holy smoke! That site has a ton of great classic Christian metal. (The blog spot referenced in nazpastor's site) I've been wanting some of that stuff for years, and its long out of print. I be downloadin' today!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?   Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anbody know anything about the 80's group Fierce Heart?
Page 1 of 1