Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saint news

Go down 
+2
Fundy
alldatndensum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Saint news Empty
PostSubject: Saint news   Saint news I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 4:35 pm

For those of you who haven't stopped by CMR, Saint is going to be releasing a couple of CDs this year. They are going to be redoing the vocals for "Crime Scene Earth", and this new version will be picked up by Retroactive Records. They are also doing a new CD in the vein of "In the Battle" due out in either Nov. or Dec. of '09. Reissues of their back catalog will also be done through Retroactive.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Saint news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint news   Saint news I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 5:02 pm

That's all good stuff, 'cause every one of their new albums has been a real bonus for Saint fans. What I really liked about Saint, is they came back with 4 great albums one after the other, after a number of years away from the scene.

In The Battle was a wonderful album, in that it got Saint back to where they belong. The Perfect Life wasn't really a true Saint project in that there were only 4 songs and only one sounded Saintesque!
Warrior Of The Son 2004 was brilliant, and improved ten fold on the original with better production, better layout and better sound.
The Mark is Saint's peak (at present) with some wonderful tracks, which really do prove that Saint and the End Times do go hand in hand!
Crime Scene Earth, whilst not as good as the previous 3 still packs a punch, and shows that Saint can keep pulling out top notch albums.

Now CSE is being rereleased with Josh on vocals that will definitely keep many of the fans happy, and also with a new album on the way (which I'll be all over) and a rerelease of their other albums, Saint are proving that they aren't a 'one album and it's over' band, but churning out hit after hit.

Bring it on!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

Saint news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint news   Saint news I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 5:27 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
They are going to be redoing the vocals for "Crime Scene Earth"
Makes you wonder why they didn't do them well the first time. Duh.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Saint news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint news   Saint news I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:28 am

Very cool, I will probably buy the new CSE with Josh on vocals, but I still like the origninal with Rich singing most of the songs.

Very glad to hear they will be on Retroactive and with a new album coming out.
Thumbs Up

Saint news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint news   Saint news I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:30 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Last I knew, Josh spends a lot of time in the Midwest with a touring band, doing cover songs. I would guess that the lack of his vocals on CSE was due to scheduling and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Saint news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint news   Saint news I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Last I knew, Josh spends a lot of time in the Midwest with a touring band, doing cover songs. I would guess that the lack of his vocals on CSE was due to scheduling and nothing more.

I had gotten that same feeling. At the time they were recording CSE Josh wasn't even living in Oregon.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480

Saint news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint news   Saint news I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:50 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I think the big kicker was that many of the fans were a little put out by knowing in advance that Josh wasn't on the disc. There was a bias against it to start with. But, while Richard did a decent job on the vocals, it still just wasn't the same. I think they are redoing the vocals just for us fans.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

Saint news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint news   Saint news I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:11 pm

I was talking about the poor mixing/mastering job myself.

Saint news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint news   Saint news I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:12 pm

It's a catch 22... If they had said in advance that Josh was only on three songs, how many would have ordered it? There would have been a bias to begin with.

On the other hand, but not saying anything, many fans felt ripped off.

Personally, I think Rich did a fine job and I'm not in the least disappointed by CSE, but I do understand the feelings of those who are.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Saint news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint news   Saint news I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:36 am

Quote :
Makes you wonder why they didn't do them well the first time.
That what I wonder about.
First release CSE, now the rerelease CSE again with Josh doing the vocals.

That's good news Saint is working on a new CD in the vein of "The Battle"
It was "The Battle" that made me a Saint fan.
Hope Josh will do the vocals for the new CD.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Saint news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint news   Saint news I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:37 am

I was excited when I read this news over at Firestream - as good as everyone says CSE is (don't have it yet myself), it'd be killer w/ Josh on vocals!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

Saint news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint news   Saint news I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saint news
Page 1 of 1