Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Slow time musically......

Go down 
+4
ChosenOne
Staybrite
silentthunder89
alldatndensum
8 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Slow time musically...... Empty
PostSubject: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:40 am

It doesn't seem like there is a lot of new music being released right now. Are you using this time to catch up on some stuff you've missed? If so, what?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:05 am

Yeah, this does seem to be a slow time musically. But I think its all building up and is gonna ninja kick us to the back of the head pretty soon. Because Skillet, Pillar, Thousand Foot Krutch, Breaking the Silence, Grammatrain, Bride (yes, Bride is working on one last album), Day of Fire, and others are ALL working on new albums due to be released later this year!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:33 pm

I would like to to do some serious catching up, but can't seem to pull it together right now.
It does seem kind of slow musically though.

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:55 am

This slow time is a bummer. There really is anything coming out for me until May when the new Decyfer Down drops. There are a few independent cd's coming out but none of the bands have announced a release date. They are going with the "early 2009 release". I'm going to probably pick up the new Seventh Day Slumber because I do like them but other than that I just don't know. I've had to resort to checking out cd's from my local library just to hear new music. Looks like everything is going to be either late summer or fall for releases such as the new Skillet
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:16 am

I don't really understand that, either. Used to, the rush was on to get your product out before GMA Week in April. This used to be THE event your band and label had to be at in order to be successful in Christian music. So, every band and artist that could do a showcase played somewhere in Nashville. They also wanted their newest CD available to fans and record execs.

Nowadays, the GMA event is just dying down. There aren't nearly as many shows. The bands/labels could care less about using this time to really promote the new CD.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:29 am

It's bummer not much cool music is released.
I've bought some albums that were on my wanted list.
Since my wanted list is long I have to buy a lot of cool stuff.
And ... when I don't buy much CDs now I can spend more money to buy the CDs I really want later.
Like "Wicked Maiden" Impellitteri, Stryper, Decyfer Down.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:52 am

Can't relate to this question as I buy Christian and secular and there is plenty of secular stuff coming out. Seems like it would be a great time for some of you to catch up though. Of course you do know that there are fairly new Believer, Red, Falling Up etc. albums out right. Also I got an album by an interesting Christian band new to me the other day called http://www.myspace.com/blessedbyabrokenheart so just get out there and see what you can discover.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:46 am

I already have the Red CD. Because of the change in direction, I don't think I'll pick up Falling Up at all. With Believer and Blessed By A Broken Heart, I just don't think those are musically my thing.

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:08 am

Yea I pretty much was done with Falling Up after thier first cd. My understanding is they have completley ditched the whole hard rock sound for some wierd techno vibe or something to that effect. I have the new Red cd. I have listened to Blessed By a Broken heart on myspace and can't get into it all. If you want to go glam then go glam and stop going glam/hardcore. I've been scouring CDBaby looking for some stuff but nothing sticks out right now. As far as secular stuff, mostly just check them out at my library since even in that market I can't find anything either.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:24 pm

Wow, by the way everyone was describing it, I didn't think Id like blessed by a broken heart, but after taking a listen to it, I really like it. I like the mix of 80s and hair metal. Thanks for posting that 7thsecond! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:51 am

Glad you liked them. I always enjoy finding cool new bands.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:05 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I already have the Red CD. Because of the change in direction, I don't think I'll pick up Falling Up at all. With Believer and Blessed By A Broken Heart, I just don't think those are musically my thing.
Chris I knew you didn't like much hard stuff but I was under the impression that you liked Believer for some reason? Have you heard the new one?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:24 pm

Even I don't care for much Believer because it's TOO progressive. I haven't heard the new stuff yet though. Will have to check into BBABH.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:17 am

Quote :
Chris I knew you didn't like much hard stuff but
I was under the impression that you liked Believer for some reason?
Have you heard the new one?

I've never owned anything by Believer. I've not heard the new one, and I'm not planning on getting it, either. It just doesn't sound like my cup o' tea.

Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:30 am

7thSecond wrote:
Can't relate to this question as I buy Christian and secular and there is plenty of secular stuff coming out. Seems like it would be a great time for some of you to catch up though. Of course you do know that there are fairly new Believer, Red, Falling Up etc. albums out right. Also I got an album by an interesting Christian band new to me the other day called http://www.myspace.com/blessedbyabrokenheart so just get out there and see what you can discover.

Great CD! The current BBABH album is WAY different than their spastic-Metalcore debut, but it's great stuff. Those guys have essentially cornered the new pop-metal style.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
7thSecond

7thSecond

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:56 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
Chris I knew you didn't like much hard stuff but
I was under the impression that you liked Believer for some reason?
Have you heard the new one?

I've never owned anything by Believer. I've not heard the new one, and I'm not planning on getting it, either. It just doesn't sound like my cup o' tea.
My bat. Sometimes visiting so many different forums makes things get confusing.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:44 am

It's ok, 7th. I know what a handful of people really like. But, overall you can only guess if something will really fit into someone else's tastes.

Quote :
The current BBABH album is WAY different than
their spastic-Metalcore debut, but it's great stuff. Those guys have
essentially cornered the new pop-metal style.

OK, now you have my interest.

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:39 am

I have dubbed Blessed By A Broken Heart a new super hybrid genre. It shall be called: Hardcore 80's glam-punk. Its kind of like if Flashdance (the movie), Haste The Day, and Dragonforce all had a baby together, they would spawn BBABH.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:58 am

I thought that they might have had a new album out. The songs on their MySpace are exactly as you described, silentthunder. With all the metalcore vocals, I'm gonna pass. With more melodic singing, this could have been awesome.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:45 am

In May Project Damage Control will release their two EP's.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 8:38 am

I still think that the two EPs for PDC is not a good idea. Just make one CD with all 14 tracks.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:05 pm

I agree
The idea of releasing two EP's is not a good idea.
I like the idea of the release of one CD much more.
On this way you have to buy two EP's.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:16 pm

But if they only released one album they would be able to charge as much. Evil or Very Mad

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:06 am

So I actually had a little extra money and went out yesterday to go shopping for some music. I have a coupon for Family Christian stores for "buy 1 item, get the second for 50% off". I usually am able to get out of there with 2 cd's, came away with 1, Seventh Day Slumbers "Take Evertything". Saw Heads album in thier but couldn't bring myself to get it. I can't even really find anything at CdBaby. Bummer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slow time musically......   Slow time musically...... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slow time musically......
Page 1 of 1