Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies on your 'to see' list

Go down 
+2
Guilty/Forgiven
Just_Sue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Movies on your 'to see' list Empty
PostSubject: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:52 pm

i'm SOOOOOO looking forward to this one!

Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:09 am

also, to get my horror movie fix:

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:32 pm

This was a pretty good one:

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:36 pm

This one was just straight up WEIRD -(but it had a trippy ending)

Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
This was a pretty good one:

anything you're looking forward to that you havent seen, yet?
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:45 pm

this counts as a 'to see' movie.
i've seen it twice already, but it was so amazing, i know i'll see it at least once more before it hits dvd [at which time i intend to buy it]:

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 3:38 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
This one was just straight up WEIRD -(but it had a trippy ending)

I really wanna see that one, I read the book and really liked it. Hoping the movie can live up to the story.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:17 pm

I would love to see Facing The Giants and Fireproof.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:34 pm

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:47 am

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:53 am

Quote :
I would love to see Facing The Giants and Fireproof

Both VERY good flix !

As for what I WANT to see... the X-Men and Watchmen would be on my list. I love all the comic book adaptations in the last few years (even Iron Man, which I thought I wouldn't care for). (actually, the only one's I haven't liked are the pathetic Superman attempts... maybe it's just me, but I can't stand superman)

I'd like to see more Fantastic 4 come out
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:58 am

Fundy - The Marx bros RULE !! I've got all their movies... and some of Grouchos talk show thing he did.

Classics are great and under-appreciated
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:31 am

Quote :
As for what I WANT to see... the X-Men and Watchmen would be on my list.

Loved the X-Men.

But, as to the Watchmen, I'm not going to see it. It sounds like it's just way over the top with violence (cutting a man's arms off and showing that), the repeated sex scenes, and the villian going without clothes and you having to see CG penis for alot of the film. I just don't care how "good" the movie is. I draw the line here, folks.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:06 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
As for what I WANT to see... the X-Men and Watchmen would be on my list.

Loved the X-Men.

But, as to the Watchmen, I'm not going to see it. It sounds like it's just way over the top with violence (cutting a man's arms off and showing that), the repeated sex scenes, and the villian going without clothes and you having to see CG penis for alot of the film. I just don't care how "good" the movie is. I draw the line here, folks.

the violence was pretty thick.
the sex scenes werent really 'repeated.' there was a 'start' and then one really blatant sex scene.
as for the villian going without clothes... didnt happen...
it was actually one of the 'good' guys that went without clothes. and yup... you see a lot of penis.
he wasnt nude for the sake of nudity. he was a creature that was so disconnected from humanity that he didnt have the same cares/worries as those around him. he dressed when he went in public out of respect for the accepted norms and he did other things that were just going through the motions for him, but otherwise, he had his own little world going on.

if you're somebody that feels convicted about seeing such things, then this probably isnt the movie for you.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:54 am

Quote :
The Marx bros RULE

I quite agree. I'm a big fan of 1930's - 1940's comedies, so I have all the Marx Bros. films too.

And just because I normally do this sort of thing................ here's how I rate them!

1 - Animal Crackers
2 - Duck Soup
3 - Monkey Business
4 - Horse Feathers
5 - Cocoanuts
6 - Night At The Opera
7 - Day At The Races
8 - A Night In Casablanca
9 - Go West
10 - At The Circus
11 - Big Store
12 - Room Service
13 - Love Happy

Let's see how we stand.
Flatfooted

Brilliant stuff.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:05 am

I used to couldn't stand Nicolas Cage, but that has changed over the years. I think this movie that hits theaters today looks to be amazing.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:09 pm

Quote :
But, as to the Watchmen, I'm not going to see it. It sounds like it's just way over the top with violence (cutting a man's arms off and showing that), the repeated sex scenes, and the villian going without clothes and you having to see CG penis for alot of the film. I just don't care how "good" the movie is. I draw the line here, folks

WHOAAAAA, I've heard enuf ! I dig comic books, and that don't sound like the comic books I'm into.

X
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:51 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
But, as to the Watchmen, I'm not going to see it. It sounds like it's just way over the top with violence (cutting a man's arms off and showing that), the repeated sex scenes, and the villian going without clothes and you having to see CG penis for alot of the film. I just don't care how "good" the movie is. I draw the line here, folks

WHOAAAAA, I've heard enuf ! I dig comic books, and that don't sound like the comic books I'm into.

X

technically, 'Watchmen' isnt a 'comic book.' it's a graphic novel, which, getting down to it, is just a long, book-form comic.
the front cover plainly says 'adult content' and the movie was rated 'R.' i still saw parents bringing their 4 to 6 yr. old kids in, which leads me to believe that they either didnt take note of the ratings, had no idea that this wouldnt be a 'Spiderman' styled movie, didnt care or all 3.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 2:12 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I used to couldn't stand Nicolas Cage, but that has changed over the years. I think this movie that hits theaters today looks to be amazing.

that's one i want to see, as well.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:08 pm

Just_Sue wrote:
.....the front cover plainly says 'adult content' and the movie was rated 'R.' i still saw parents bringing their 4 to 6 yr. old kids in, which leads me to believe that they either didnt take note of the ratings, had no idea that this wouldnt be a 'Spiderman' styled movie, didnt care or all 3.

I have seen some parents bring some young kids to some movies I was afriad to watch. I remember years (and years) ago watching Bram Stoker's Dracula in the theater and someone had a young kid (like around 4 or 5) who started to cry during one of the more bloody/scary scenes. I also watched someone bring a 6 or 7 year old boy into "The Passion of the Christ" (of course you couldn't hear him crying over all the adults, me included).
I think some parents just leave their brains at the door.

PostSubject: Re: Movies on your 'to see' list   Movies on your 'to see' list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies on your 'to see' list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: