Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Independent music on the rise

Go down 
+2
elsid
ChosenOne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Independent music on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Independent music on the rise   Independent music on the rise I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:22 am

Is it just me or is there a lot of great independent music out there that is better than some established bands. I mean outside of Disciple Skillet and Red I think that Christian Rock is kind of on the downslide. Case in point. 2 more indy bands for you to check out. Absolutley amazing. Plus they were produced by Travis Wyrick who I am convinced that anything he produces is gold. Even some of the mainstream stuff is really good. I am really diggin Days Divide. Even thou it is one of those weird titles of a song "Long Sleeves in Summer" is very powerful.

http://www.myspace.com/daysdividemusic

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=44951383
Back to top Go down
elsid

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Independent music on the rise   Independent music on the rise I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:34 am

Speaking of Indie bands, one of my friends, who works for the Christian Rock Station in Dallas (89.7 Power FM; www.kvrk.com), has a show on Sunday nights called Spin 180. It deals on with Indie bands, from Dallas or anywhere else. We also have Live in the Spin Lounge, which is an all Indie, all acoustic performance every Tuesday night (unless it is Live & Loud in the Lounge -- then it is fully plugged in). For that schedule, if interested, you can visit the Spin 180 myspace at www.myspace.com/spin180indieradio

We are recording our first podcast tomorrow, which will be a little longer than the radio program. We will make that available via the internet, however I am not sure of all the details at this time. I will post the links on here in the next few days, when everthing is complete.

Last edited by elsid on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Independent music on the rise   Independent music on the rise I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:05 pm

That's a very good idea elsid to post the link.
I think the indie bands really deserve our attention.

Do you think now all things slow down due the economy there come more indie band?
Does it help bands to produce their own CDs to make cheaper CDs than the bands who have a label?

Days Divide has songs I really like.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Independent music on the rise   Independent music on the rise I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:30 pm

I think Travis is working too hard to make them sound emo-ish recently. Nothing special here to my ears.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473

PostSubject: Re: Independent music on the rise   Independent music on the rise I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:46 pm

I don't think it's Travis forcing these bands to sound like this. I doubt if he was producing a hair metal band that they would sound like an emo band. These groups are definitely in that vein already and Travis is just making them sound even better.

Personally, I like both of these!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Independent music on the rise   Independent music on the rise I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:17 am

Emoish to me is more along the lines of Anbelin. Days Divide and Burning Yesterday I think are more in the Skillet/Since October/Decyfer Down mode. Just great pure hard rock. Also I forgot that there was one band that Travis produced that wasn't gold. A band called The Assendicate (formerally, the 7 method). Way to metalcoreish for my taste.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: Independent music on the rise   Independent music on the rise I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:07 pm

I thought Travis did Eowyn's last one? She commented how whomever it was had worked on getting more feeling into her vocals and she was much more whiny sounding on it. These 2 bands have whiny vocalists, too. I'm really growing tired of that. It's nearly as bad as the core vocals. Blech!

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Independent music on the rise   Independent music on the rise I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:56 pm

I'm not much of a fan of the whiny vocals either. Overall I thought Eowyn's last album was really good, but there where a few spots on the disc where she comes across and kind of whiny.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Independent music on the rise   Independent music on the rise I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:57 pm

You guys talk over Travis Wyrick.
Is he a producer or played in one or more bands?

The best way to find out things you don't know is to ask.
So ........ Who's Travis Wyrick?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473

PostSubject: Re: Independent music on the rise   Independent music on the rise I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Travis Wyrick had a band at one time called Wyrick that was very similar in style to Marilyn Manson. He was signed to Rugged Records about the same time that Nailed was. He quit playing to go into producing and now does all of Disciple's stuff. He's also worked with Fireflight, Pillar, Eowyn, & Broken Silence. That's just the short list of who Travis has worked with as producer.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Independent music on the rise   Independent music on the rise I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:44 pm

Right now I would say he is probably the most sought after producer when it comes to rock bands. His solo albums weren't bad. They did have that marilyn manson/industrial rock sound. He produces mainly Christian artist but does produce some mainstream stuff as well. Basically back in the day John & Dino Elefante were the go to guys to produce hard rock albums, now for this day and age it is Wyrick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Independent music on the rise   Independent music on the rise I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Independent music on the rise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: