Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Have you thought about this?

Go down 
+2
sabidoo
rockerVu2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Have you thought about this? Empty
PostSubject: Have you thought about this?   Have you thought about this? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 6:28 pm

How it is to be a member of a Christian message board and sometimes feel an outlaw because you can't understand things because English is not your native language?
Do you feel very accepted then?
Is that the meaning?
That's how I sometimes feel because I have an other native language then most of you have.
Special the threads in "The Warped" are giving me problems to understand.
Now you think when you don't understand it , ask us to explain you things?
Do you feel very comfortable when you have to ask all things you don't understand?

Have you ever thought how it is for the not native Americans we have on CHM to express their thoughts in an other language.Try to understand all the things you laugh about and understand while the not native members of the board can have problems with this?
I really try to do my best, but sometimes I really don't understand things.
Like slangs or mode of expressions.
No this is not a complain to you all.
That's not me to complain, but we are Christians and it's only a consideration to remember this.
It's only a sign to make you aware of the fact we have not native American members here and they are just a part of CHM family as you are too.
How vet gaaf it will be when we all can laugh, have fun about things or give how we feel things?
To discuss things.

I know my English isn't perfect. But know I really do my best to understand all things on CHM.

Dank je wel.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Have you thought about this?   Have you thought about this? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 6:36 pm

Don't feel bad. I've been speaking English for decades and haven't even begun to figure it out myself... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Have you thought about this?   Have you thought about this? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:32 am

I think it is probably hard for most Americans to relate to someone from another culture with a different primary language. Most Americans only speak one language (and badly at that).

I certainly don't mind you asking what things mean. It is certainly understandable.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Have you thought about this?   Have you thought about this? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:49 am

Hey Vonnie, if you feel uncomfortable about asking us a ? about what we mean, please PM us and I'm sure you will find many of us are sensitive enuf to answer you through PM. We joke and tease u, but truthfully we all care about u very much as we care for each other here at CHM.
I for one appreciate you and don't want to see u have to struggle with our messed up language. So, never hesitate to ask what we mean - post it, or PM us, we don't mind.

With Phileo,
Jim
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Have you thought about this?   Have you thought about this? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:38 pm

Jim, I can handle t it when you joke and tease me. It shows you like me isn't it?
I will PM when I don't understand things.
Yep ... really.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Have you thought about this?   Have you thought about this? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:24 pm

I think you should just start posting in Dutch and make us try to figure out what you're saying. It's only fair, right?

sabidoo

sabidoo

PostSubject: Re: Have you thought about this?   Have you thought about this? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:35 pm

If she does start posting in Dutch, we can easily translate via google translator.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Have you thought about this?   Have you thought about this? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:38 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
I think you should just start posting in Dutch and make us try to figure out what you're saying. It's only fair, right?

Now that would be funny.

sabidoo wrote:
If she does start posting in Dutch, we can easily translate via google translator.

Well I don't know about easy, I have seen some pretty messed up translations with google translator or babel fish.

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Have you thought about this?   Have you thought about this? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:44 pm

You'll quickly learn how quirky translating tools are since they don't know the various regional dialects, slang, etc. I've used Google many times to translate various things and it can be quite a challenge to figure out what was really said.

Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Have you thought about this?   Have you thought about this? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:49 am

I know how you feel bro. When I moved to Germany I went through a tough time trying to get people around me to understand what I was saying. My wife is originally from Russia and my two year study of the language just isn't enough to understand everything that she and her family are saying to each other. Now I speak German fluently, but that hasn't stopped the occasional outsider feeling when I talk to Germans. the funny thing is when I speak German I still have an American accent, and Germans upon noticing it will automatically try to communicate with me in English...even though their grasp of the language is very limited. Mostly they do it just for the chance to brush up on their language skills, which is OK with me. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't worry...your English is just fine.

Another thing...I've been living here in Europe for 17 years and I just love to communicate with those who are not American. The insights I get from Europeans are unique and refreshing. That is not meant as a slam for Americans...just a praise coming from a person who has fallen in love with Europe and a European lady. Wink
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Have you thought about this?   Have you thought about this? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:49 am

Het is een goed idee om eens in het Nederlands te posten.
Misschien begrijpen jullie nu beter hoe ik me soms voel als ik dingen niet begrijp?
Ik gebruik een woordenboek en een vertaler om te begrijpen wat jullie bedoelen.
Maar soms snap ik het ondanks deze hulpmiddelen toch niet.

Well, there you'll go.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

PostSubject: Re: Have you thought about this?   Have you thought about this? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:00 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Het is een goed idee om eens in het Nederlands te posten.
Misschien begrijpen jullie nu beter hoe ik me soms voel als ik dingen niet begrijp?
Ik gebruik een woordenboek en een vertaler om te begrijpen wat jullie bedoelen.
Maar soms snap ik het ondanks deze hulpmiddelen toch niet.

Well, there you'll go.

Translated via google:

Quote :
It is a good idea to agree to post in English.

Maybe now you understand better how I feel sometimes if I do not understand?

I use a dictionary and a translator to understand what you mean.

But sometimes I get despite these tools anyway.

NOW, you have had your fun. When you're on the internet, you're in America, so feel free to speak ENGLISH! Razz
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Have you thought about this?   Have you thought about this? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:03 am

Sabidoo, it never was about the fun.
I've always typed in English here.
This all has to do with "can you imagine how it feels?".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you thought about this?   Have you thought about this? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you thought about this?
Page 1 of 1