Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your collection.

Go down 
+5
Staybrite
Dreams
7thSecond
Fundy
rockerVu2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:12 pm

Most of us have a considerable CD collection.
Do you ever have problems to choose a CD you want to listen to?
Do you always know what CD or CDs you want to listen too?
Or you have CDs you never listen to anymore?
Or are you like me , you take a CD and listen and think, no this isn't what I want to listen too and take an other CD?

To be honest I have that problem.
I see all the CDs and wonder to what CD I shall listen today.

Or do you have CD moods?
Like you listen to specific music styles or all the CDs you have from one band?

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:20 pm

I've copied about 60 albums to my work pc, so I can pretty much choose a song or album I'd like at that time, and if my taste changed during the day I can alter to suit.

Recently I've been listening to alot of Theocracy and Virginia Creeper.

Sometimes I want something light and airy, so I go for simple stuff like "X-Sinner" which is immediately accesible and easy. Other times I want something powerful and thumping, and I'll put on Oratorio or the like. Other times I want something deep and meaningful and I'll listen to Mirror Of Souls (the song) form Theocracy.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:44 pm

I've got my favorite 2,500 songs ripped from all of my cd's onto both my computer and my MP3 player. I usually use the shuffle feature.
Back to top Go down
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:09 pm

My problem is that I buy so many releases that there are ones in my collection I've never listened to.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:15 pm

I don't have a problem picking a cd, but sometimes I have a hard time finding that cd. Sometimes I get tired of looking for it and just decide to listen to something else instead.
Twisted Evil

Staybrite

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:16 pm

Dreams wrote:
My problem is that I buy so many releases that there are ones in my collection I've never listened to.

That's criminal. To show what a good friend I am, just pack up all the cds you haven't listened to and send them to me. I will listen to them, and only send you back the ones that are any good.
Twisted Evil

Fundy

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:25 am

Quote :
I don't have a problem picking a cd, but sometimes I have a hard time finding that cd. Sometimes I get tired of looking for it and just decide to listen to something else instead.
lol!
Staybrite, you obviously need an alphabetical system for your cd rack. That way you'll never lose a cd. I have mine in alphabetial order, and then in date order within each band.

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:14 am

Staybrite, does that mean we can send you all the CDs we don't listen too?

My CDs are in an alphabetical system in the draws.
When I have more CDs of one band I have those in an alphabetical system too.

Staybrite ..... you have homework do do this weekend.
Yes, we make a team that comes over to check out if you have make your homework. lol!
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:09 pm

I tend to go through musical moods. Sometimes I'll want something hard and heavy with lots of guitars so i'll put in War of Ages. Then sometimes I'll switch to soft rock so I'll put in Tenth Avenue North. But then every now and then I'll go through an 80s mood so I'll put on Stryper, early Bride, or PK Mitchell. I guess you could say I have musical bi-polar disorder.

lol!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:10 pm

I'm like Dreams. Too much stuff, some of which I haven't listened to yet. One day, I'll get there. It's also hard to choose what to listen to. I generally don't listen to stuff during the day unless I'm working on the house.

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:18 pm

A couple years ago I went totally digital: trading, giving away and selling all my originals.

I had hundreds of CDs filling my closet, but never listened to the originals because I Mp3-ized everything.

My whole collection rests as 100s of Gbs of Mp3s on my main PC, my living room laptop, compressed onto cd-rs for my Mp3 playin' truck deck, and on "My Passport" that I hook to my 8.5" Acer for music anywhere I want it.

Mental ? Yes.

But I get to shuffle thousands of songs anytime, anywhere. And they're organized: I never lose any cds, I make playlists of all genres as well as mixed genres. They're all "gained" (if you don't know the term, it means they're all the same volume... no loud or quiet surprises).

It sure beats the wimpy 200 disc jukebox I use to own.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:59 am

I go through musical mood swings as well. I'm kind of in a classic metal kick right now and have been listening to Eden's Way, Modest Attraction, and Under Command a lot. Might swing today and throw in the new Red CD.

Most of my musical picks for the day comes from whatever kind of mood I'm in.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 3:38 pm

Fundy wrote:
Quote :
lol!
Staybrite, you obviously need an alphabetical system for your cd rack. That way you'll never lose a cd. I have mine in alphabetial order, and then in date order within each band.

Fundy

Actually they are all alphabetized, but sometimes one of them goes astray (my daughter has it, or it just isn't where it's supposed to be). Kinda bummed right now because I cant seem to find my "Letter 7 -Salt of the Earth" disc". (something my daughter would never listen to).
Sad

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:57 pm

Quote :
Letter 7 -Salt of the Earth

SUCH a great album !
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 6:23 am

lol!

that's just cruel!

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:57 am

My moods are modifying to what music I listen.
The most aweful mood is when I can't listen to music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collection.   Your collection. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your collection.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: