Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Angelic Warlord Update

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Angelic Warlord Update Empty
PostSubject: Angelic Warlord Update   Angelic Warlord Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 10:52 pm

I just updated Angelic Warlord to include featured reviews of albums by A.N.D. (Get Real), Barren Cross (Atomic Arena), Darkwater (Calling The Earth To Witness), Deliverance (Assimilation, The First Four Years and Greetings Of Death), Oratorio (The Reality Of Existence) and X-Terra (X-Nihilo).

I also included mini reviews of the new Orphan Project single (Angels Desire) and the Promise Land demo.

You will also find a ton of up to date Christian metal news as well.

Next month I hope to include reviews of Amaran's Plight (Voice In The Light), Oratorio (Redemption), Seventh Seal (Messengers Of Love) and Pastor Brad's new release "Reshredded" (cranking it right now and it, well, shreds!).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord Update   Angelic Warlord Update I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 4:07 pm

You have a very cool site andy.
With a lof of very cool information about bands, CDs.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord Update   Angelic Warlord Update I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:22 pm

SWEET! another update.

Off to check it out.

--

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord Update   Angelic Warlord Update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 7:35 am

I should have NEVER gone and checked this update out. I would have been quite happy not having heard of A.N.D. But no, you have to make it sound like something I would really enjoy, and now I'll have to search and search until I find this OOP print classic! Thanks a lot, buddy!

:lol!:

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord Update   Angelic Warlord Update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 8:09 am

In a book about Christian music I have read GMI in Holland distributed those A.N.D. CDs.
I will call GMI in Holland to ask if it's possible to order those CDs.
Are you interested in "100 Hours", Madman's Overture", Get Real".?
There also was a Belgium label that distributed A.N.D.
I can try to contact this label too to ask if it's possible to order one or more CDS of A.N.D.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord Update   Angelic Warlord Update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 8:51 am

Go ahead. I would be interested in getting anything by this band.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord Update   Angelic Warlord Update I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 9:47 am

I purchased a copy of "Get Real" off eBay several summers ago. The following band biography (which I did not find until after writing the review) was taken from rockdetector.com:

"A West Midlands Melodic Rock band signed initially to German labels, A.N.D.'s first album is so titled because it took just '100 Hours' to record. A.N.D.'s nucleus is talented guitarist Paul May and bassist Pete Emms. Before the second album, 1992's 'Madman's Overture', A.N.D. guested as studio musicians on one-time JUDAS PRIEST vocalist AL ATKINS' second album 'Dreams of Avalon'. The band's original drummer, John Brooks, latterly of THE CHARLATANS, departed before recording of Atkins album and was replaced by John Anthony.

For 'Madman's Overture', A.N.D. added bassist JOHN WYLDE, keyboard player Paul Hodson (who has worked with JOHN PARR and subsequently became a member of HARD RAIN) and drummer Pete Rogers. More significantly, the band also became Christians and began touring on the gospel Rock scene. However, the group underwent another drastic line-up shuffle for the third album, 'Get Real', with only original member May remaining alongside bassist Mick Ponter and drummer Lance Blackwood. However, original bassist Pete Emms appears on one track. JOHN WYLDE opted out when he discovered the Christian orientation of May's lyrics.

May also worked with cult Progressive act JANUS recording several albums with this act and another side project CRUCIFER. He would also still work with AL ATKINS. In 1997, following work on the music scene in mainland Europe, JOHN WYLDE returned to the UK joining JELLYSTONE. He also undertook solo recordings featuring a strongly JUDAS PRIEST related cast of AL ATKINS, GRAVEL bassist Alex Hill, son of Ian Hill, and VOODOO SIOUX drummer Nigel Halford, Rob Halford's brother. Pete Emms would be a member of Atkins 2004 outfit THE DENIAL as well as pursuing his own Funk Rock outfit THE VASELINE RATS."
Link: http://www.rockdetector.com/officialbio,55.sm

It is my understanding from reading this A.N.D. did not become Christian's until their second album, "Madman's Overture". Yes, I would definately be interested in hearing this as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord Update   Angelic Warlord Update I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angelic Warlord Update
Page 1 of 1