Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The big online vendor thread.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The big online vendor thread. Empty
PostSubject: The big online vendor thread.   The big online vendor thread. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:23 am

Most of us order their CDs at online vendors.
Are you content about the online vendors?
Is the price you have to pay for your CDs reasonable?
The shipping is not giving you the idea this vendor is making money by the shipping costs you have to pay?
Is this vendor a slow or fast shipper?
I think many of us have very good experiences about ordering CDs at online vendors and there are vendors who mess with their service, the shipping costs and you have to wait to long before you finally get your CDs.
What are your experiences?

What are your experiences when you order your CDs directly from the band?

Prices of online vendors
Low prices
The prices are good
They ask to much money for their CDs
Other.

How fast or how slow they ship?
They ship very fast
I have to wait to long before I get my ordered CDs
Time after time I have to send an e-mail to ask if they have shipped my CDs.
Other

Shipping prices.
I think the online vendor is making profit to ask to much shipping costs
The cost of shipping are reasonable
The cost they ask for shipping are low
Other.

Good and bad vendors.
What are good online vendors.
The most bad online vendors
The comparision in price/quality/service.
Are all CDs an online vendor sells original CDs.?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399

PostSubject: Re: The big online vendor thread.   The big online vendor thread. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:01 am

Shipping speed isn't usually a huge issue for me. If I get my cds within 7-10 days I'm happy. I do get kind of upset at shipping prices. I ordered two discs from one on-line vendor and they charged me $5 each disc for shipping ($10 total). Sorry but I think that is too much. Probably won't be buying from them again unless I have to.

My favorite online vendors are CDBaby and Brent Miller. http://brentschristianrockmetal.com/

Both have great customer service.

I used to buy quite a bit from Radrockers but after their whole cdr/bootleg scandel I quit.

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-29

PostSubject: Re: The big online vendor thread.   The big online vendor thread. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:26 am

Divine Metal Distro are earning themselves a good reputation. I've ordered from them once and received good service.

I've also ordered quite a bit from The End records and they are always good.
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-29

PostSubject: Re: The big online vendor thread.   The big online vendor thread. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:16 pm

I like cdbaby, divine metal distro, the end.

sometimes ordering directly from the band is cheaper.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: The big online vendor thread.   The big online vendor thread. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:49 am

I think that the perception of good and bad distros is just a matter of the experience you've had with certain vendors. I've never gotten one of the bootlegs from Radrockers and have always had good service. But, the knowledge of that has lowered my trust of them.

I've had a couple of bad experiences with Girder. But, I know many folks who have used them repeatedly with no problems.

I don't really have issues with shipping times. I know that, for the most part, ordering from somewhere within the USA will result in me having my CD in a few days. If it takes over a week, I start getting antsy. I just like new music!

When I order from outside the USA, I expect to pay a whole lot more for shipping (those darn Europeans making a profit off of shipping!!!). I also know it's gonna take a little while longer to get the disc--depending on what country it comes from. When ordering from Sweden or England, I get stuff almost as fast as I do ordering from the USA. I've ordered from Germany before, and it takes out 3 weeks.

So, I have several places I order from. I buy from bands, too. I don't really have a favorite vendor/distro anymore.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562

PostSubject: Re: The big online vendor thread.   The big online vendor thread. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 1:15 am

CD Baby is a very good one.
With MusiChristian I'm done now.

I have to say that ordering from bands can be very good too.
Nailpoint was very swift with the CD.

It's true some European vendors are very expensive.
Nordic Mission is one of them.

Quote :
those darn Europeans
I'm sorry, but you are right.
When I ordered new music I get antsy too. I would like to listen to my new CDs and don't like it when I have to wait weeks.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: The big online vendor thread.   The big online vendor thread. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 1:31 am

Quote :
It's true some European vendors are very expensive.
Nordic Mission is one of them.

I didn't think that Nordic Mission was really that bad price wise. Their shipping is high, but it goes down as you order more. A buddy of mine orders from there quite frequently, and he says that it doesn't pay to order from them here in the States until you are buying 8-10 CD. Of course, I never buy that many at one time, so that doesn't help me any!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: The big online vendor thread.   The big online vendor thread. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:37 am

Staybrite wrote:

My favorite online vendors are CDBaby and Brent Miller. http://brentschristianrockmetal.com/

Both have great customer service.

I've never "taken the plunge" and ordered from CDBaby, yet, but Brent Miller is really good. I think he has a pretty good selection as well. Cool

Alldatndensum wrote:
I think that the perception of good and bad distros is just a matter of the experience you've had with certain vendors.

I agree.

God's Blessings!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The big online vendor thread.   The big online vendor thread. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The big online vendor thread.
Page 1 of 1