Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here comes "the change"!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Here comes "the change"!!! Empty
PostSubject: Here comes "the change"!!!   Here comes "the change"!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:27 pm

From the American Center for Law and Justice:

Quote :
Along with our team, I have been monitoring various developments in Washington, DC late into yesterday evening and also early this morning. President Obama during his campaign promised change in a variety of areas, and that process is already underway. I am concerned about a number of these changes and the impact it will have on our country.

For instance, the President, according to his website, has now called for the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act. This piece of legislation allows States to define the institution of marriage through the legislative process and does not require one State to recognize a same-sex marriage authorized in another State. This legislation is not only needed but it makes perfect sense. It’s needed because already States are being compelled to recognize marriages out of Massachusetts and Connecticut. It makes sense because this is a decision that uniquely rests with the States and the representative form of government within each State.

It has also now been reported that President Obama is calling for hate crime legislation to be passed. My view is that if someone commits murder—regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation—it is a crime that is to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Hate crime legislation simply sets up an additional class of individuals where an enhanced penalty is put in place because of gender, race or religion. In my judicial philosophy, murder is murder and should be prosecuted as such. Of course, the concern here is that even speaking out against particular behaviors would constitute a violation of a hate crime. This could significantly stifle the proclamation of the Gospel and the free speech rights of churches and pastors. We are going to work aggressively against this legislation and make sure there are at least religious exemptions put in place.

Our Washington, DC office is monitoring this morning a report that the Administration is also considering signing an Executive Order today which would remove the Mexico City Policy which currently prohibits federal dollars being spent on abortions in foreign countries. These federal dollars are our taxpayer dollars, and we should not be compelled to fund abortion with our dollars. I am quite sure that the Freedom of Choice Act will also be put forward in the very near term as well.

On the national security front this morning, the President has requested that all military tribunals currently ongoing in Guantanamo Bay be stopped immediately. We’ve just been informed that the chief judge in charge of the GITMO trials has, in fact, stopped all trials and proceedings. It is also now being reported that President Obama could sign an Executive Order even today closing the Guantanamo Bay Prison. I strongly disagree with this approach to the handling of these terrorists’ trials. I believe the current format being utilized is correct and should be continued. We do not need to see U.S. District Court judges supervising trials of terrorists caught on the battlefield.

It is also anticipated that we will see a lifting of the ban on stem cell research that could come even today as well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Here comes "the change"!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: