Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Well it's about time!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Well it's about time! Empty
PostSubject: Well it's about time!   Well it's about time! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:24 pm

Bush Commutes Sentences for Two Former Border Patrol Agents

President Bush commutes the sentences of Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean, convicted of shooting a Mexican drug runner in 2005.

Quote :
On his last full day in office, President Bush commuted the controversial sentences of two former Border Patrol agents convicted of shooting a Mexican drug runner in 2005.

The imprisonment of Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean had sparked outcry from critics who said the men were just doing their jobs and were punished too harshly. They had been sentenced to 11- and 12-year sentences, respectively.

Their sentences will now expire on March 20 of this year.

Ramos and Compean were sentenced in connection with the shooting of Osvaldo Aldrete Davila, who was shot in the buttocks while trying to flee along the Texas border. He admitted smuggling several hundred pounds of marijuana on the day he was shot and pleaded guilty last year to drug charges related to two other smuggling attempts.

Nearly the entire congressional delegation from Texas and other lawmakers from both sides of the political aisle pleaded with Bush to grant them clemency. Conservatives hailed Bush's decision Monday.

"The whole thing was ridiculous from beginning to end, and two years was way too long for them to serve," said radio talk show host Laura Ingraham. "Conservatives are very happy across the country."

Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, said in a written statement that Bush had "responded to the calls for compassion that came from across the country and made the right decision in granting these two men commutations."

The border agents argued during their trials that they believed Davila was armed and that they shot him in self defense. The prosecutor in the case said there was no evidence linking the smuggler to the van that contained the marijuana. The prosecutor also said the border agents didn't report the shooting and tampered with evidence by picking up several spent shell casings.

The agents were fired after their convictions on several charges, including assault with a dangerous weapon and with serious bodily injury, violation of civil rights and obstruction of justice. All their convictions, except obstruction of justice, were upheld on appeal.

LINK

Finally, these HEROES can go home to their families. I'm just glad that George grew a brain on his last day in office.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Well it's about time!   Well it's about time! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:39 pm

That is good news.

PostSubject: Re: Well it's about time!   Well it's about time! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 pm

Better late than never, I suppose, but GWB should have done this long ago, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Well it's about time!   Well it's about time! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:40 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Better late than never, I suppose, but GWB should have done this long ago, IMO.

he should have. i guess he wanted to go out with a bang.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Well it's about time!   Well it's about time! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:45 pm

He did this because the American Family Association flooded the White House with letters from concerned citizens. They were shooting to have 1 million people write to the former Pres. and demand that he release these two men who were just doing their jobs. But, the liberal media won't tell you why "Dubya" decided that now was the time.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well it's about time!   Well it's about time! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well it's about time!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: