Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Netflix

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Netflix Empty
PostSubject: Netflix   Netflix I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:15 am

has anybody else checked this service out?
after considering it for the longest time, i finally decided to give it a shot and signed up last night.
there's actually a 2-week trial period going on right now, so i can change my mind before Feb. 1 if i want and wont have to pay anything.

i initially signed up for the 2-movies-per-month plan, that costs about $5. that isnt bad, considering the selection and availability of the movies and the fact that you can either watch them immediately on your comp, have them sent to your TV [not sure how that works, but certain devices are required] or have the dvds mailed to you.

i watched my first movie last night on my comp. it was 'Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed.'
EXCELLENT documentary!! i never got a chance to see this at the theaters so i'm glad it was available last night.
if you havent seen it, while it's not a slam-bang, edge-of-your-seat thriller, it is VERY thought provoking and i recommend it highly!

i think the cherry on top of the cake for this documentary was when Ben Stein got Richard Dawkins, of all people, to say [even though he insists he doesnt believe in any kind of god] there might be some fingerprint of Intelligent Design in the formation of life.

it's a start.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Netflix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix   Netflix I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:28 am

the aforementioned Richard Dawkins revelation:
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Netflix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix   Netflix I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:34 am

I had NetFlix when I was home more often and it was great. I canceled my account though when I started staying on the road so much as there was no need for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Netflix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix   Netflix I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:04 pm

Netflix is great... they actually have a lot of Christian movies and documentaries that you won't find at Blockbuster or Hollywood vid, etc.

We cancelled a while back in an effort to cut back on all our unneccessary expenses. But I do kinda miss it.

PS
'Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed.' is currently my #1 fav video... I've been recommending it to everyone. I've loved Ben since Ferris Bueller.... but this ! This is GREAT !
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Netflix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix   Netflix I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:33 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Netflix is great... they actually have a lot of Christian movies and documentaries that you won't find at Blockbuster or Hollywood vid, etc.

We cancelled a while back in an effort to cut back on all our unneccessary expenses. But I do kinda miss it.

PS
'Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed.' is currently my #1 fav video... I've been recommending it to everyone. I've loved Ben since Ferris Bueller.... but this ! This is GREAT !

i agree with you about 'Expelled'! it really is one of the best documentaries i've ever seen.

one thing that struck me was how sure these 'scientists' were that only evolution can explain life, yet, none of them have a clue as to how it all began.
if they dont know, then how can they so arrogantly dismiss the idea of ID? shouldnt they be willing to include ALL possibilities??

i in no way compare myself to the big brains of the scientists in the movie, but the deeper i get into biology in my own school studies, the more convinced i am that life HAD to be the result of a Creator! no way can i believe all the very complex issues of molecules, DNA, how bodily systems work in concert and function as seperate but equally important parts of one being could have been because of random chance.

it takes far, far more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe in a Creator.
when thinking of these Darwinists, it makes me think of an old saying: 'they've gone and educated themselves out of any common sense.'
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Netflix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix   Netflix I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:13 pm

We're charter members of Netflix (since 1998). It's the only way to go for lazy bums like me.

sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Netflix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix   Netflix I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:20 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
We're charter members of Netflix (since 1998). It's the only way to go for lazy bums like me.

Just wait until Alldat reads this thread. He will chime in about that redbox crap being the shiznit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Sponsored content

Netflix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix   Netflix I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Netflix
Page 1 of 1